Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

Tobermory Wed 17-Apr-13 23:18:46

Hi ladies,

Am going to sneak back on here. Had a wobbly few weeks diet wise, house full of poorliness, me DH and DCs and stopped logging onto MFP made for a not great time.
This week was a gain sad but next week won't be [grrr]

I think it as reinforced how much I i still need MFp and how much it helps to keep me focused. I zumbad on Monday, she worked us super hard. Am going to shred tomorrow. Going out with friends on Saturday so have to build in some capacity. grin

My positives... Lads of NSv in the last few days. People describing me as 'svelte' and 'slim'. Me..... Slim? Lovely compliments though.

Tobermory, welcome back, get back on the wagon and it'll all be fine.
Hair - Ouch! The drop from your side door is a nasty place to fall, you're lucky you didn't get badly injured by the fence too.
Just run next week instead.

reastie Thu 18-Apr-13 07:38:07

Hello again Tober . Great news on the NSV and you're back on it, that's the main thing.

Hair yes, I agree with stealth, it sounds very suspicious to me too! How is the ankle this morning? Hope your DH wasn't too disappointed.

reastie Thu 18-Apr-13 07:39:07

oh hair, I should have added, I do believe you on the ankle of course, the timing is just useful unfortunate grin

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves!! So cynical!!

My ankle is fine but I have John Merrick knees. It's raining anyway so there. <raspberry>
I'm very stiff and sore though and a nice shade of purple. I honestly wouldn't have mentioned the run if I wasn't going to do it. Especially when you all know there is IMST who would tell on me if I was lying.

Hope you all have a good day today. smile

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 18-Apr-13 08:21:56

ouch!!

She's not lyingshock.

Love the nc Stealth by the way. Are you a bit thrilled?!? smile

eightytwenty Thu 18-Apr-13 10:39:02

Hi. Thanks for pep talk. Onwards and downwards. Or at least a onwards and maintaining.

Poor hair. That is an extreme measure to get out of running - though I get it! Hope feeling better soon.

Stealth - notice you on another thread and wondered it it was you. What's the reason?

I went out to a friends for drinks last night. I did drink my own peppermint tea smile but succumbed to a tiny and v delicious piece of home made brownie. I did wonder how my friend could have restrained herself from eating the lot. Only good manners stopped me but blimey it was good.

dawntigga Fri 19-Apr-13 09:06:40

I didn't so much as fall off the wagon yesterday as leap with gay abandon. Your child's birthday is, apparently, an excuse to pig out on cake - who knew? wink

Back to it today.

I can report that skipping is very much harder than I remember it being but loads of fun! If the equipment in a gym was as much fun as kids toys are e.g. pedal go karts etc. I'd go to one. I'll leave it with walking, skipping and swimming for now!

However, yesterday even with the gay abandon there were no empty calories.

MustResistTheBirthdayCakeTiggaxx

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:16:22

I am hair smile need to go back and log my findings.
Eithy, well done on your willpower, not sure I could have been that restrained. I am part of a mumsnet crisp testing thing, never been picked for this sort of thing before!
Dawn, never mind, back on today. Hoe your dc had a good day. Ds's birthday is next wekend and I will definitely be having a day or three off!

You all seem to be doing well. My knee is less elephant man today but I have multicoloured legs from knee to ankle. 'Tis most fetching. grin

Dcs are at PIL's tonight so dh and I are going for another walk/pubcrawl. Last time we walked 13 miles so it should make it calorie neutral.

Remember to keep up the good work over the weekend. smile

KatoPotato Fri 19-Apr-13 14:16:28

Well I'm down 2lbs this week for the first time in a long time. However I fear this is through the frankly ridiculous anxiety I'm having with DS starting nursery.

honestly, normally i'm the calmest, most rational person ever, but I'm totally angsting over letting my pfb out into the big wide world. He's still settling in, but had a 30min tantrum and got in a complete tizzy yesterday (unheard of at home!)

It's breaking my heart seeing him all tear-streaked and heaving, and he's been moved back to 1hr 30 again today and Monday...

please tell me this is normal???

reastie Fri 19-Apr-13 14:35:56

oh kato will watch with interest as DD is starting nursery next year. Can't comment I'm afraid as to what's normal as I have no idea. Hopefully he'll settle in and really love it (I realise this won't help). Good news hmm on the 2lbs though i guess.

Hair glad the leg is a bit better. Enjoy the pubcrawl

stealth so exactly how much crisp tasting is required then? envy .

dawn no birthday excuses today then! Skipping is really hard isn't it. grin to your comment about adult playgrounds gyms.

Did a chest and back workout yesterday but no time for workout today <tries not to sound half hearted>. Busy but very boring week end ahead with lots of chores to do. Got a kitchen man coming any minute to see if we can afford a new kitchen from them. I suspect they are too expensive but it's a very local independent hand made kitchen firm who if we can get in would be fab. They know our budget and told me it might not work, but they don't know till they look <crosses fingers and toes>

KatoPotato Fri 19-Apr-13 14:50:08

Text from Granny. (she was in charge today, I'm back at work!) He was a wee bit upset after she left but did everything he was asked (?) and when she went to pick him up they were all outside playing and he was watering the plants.

<sigh of relief> first week over!

KatoPotato Fri 19-Apr-13 22:36:20

Okay so granny lied! 'cos I was at work and she didn't want to upset me, but apparently he cried for her the entire time... Gawds.

He wasn't so upset that they felt they had to phone her, and he still actually played and stuff.. But cried for her.

I think it's because she's never left him anywhere? I obviously leave him at hers, and my mums etc...

Oh dear sad

Oh Kato it's heartbreaking I know. You'll just have to see how he gets on. If it's any consolation my friend's ds did this. On about week two I stayed back to talk to the nursery teacher. The ds was playing and absolutely happy. I told my friend and she was so relieved.
Would his nursery let you ring to check on him? It might help your peace of mind. sad

I'm doing ok this week. Dh and I walked 8miles yesterday so I think it will help to cancel out the vodka. No snacking today either. smile

reastie Sun 21-Apr-13 07:18:50

oh kato sad . What do the nursery say? Do they think he will settle down in time? I know you're Granny was being nice lying to you but I'm a bit angry as your emotions are probably all over the place now even more so. Will the nursery let you go along with him and stay there for a session to see if that helps? Can you leave him for a shorter length of time or have you tried him in a creche environment which doesn't last as long to build up to nursery?

Ignoring the scales today. It says I've put on 2lbs. I don't believe this to be true so will ignore it and try again tomorrow.

KatoPotato Sun 21-Apr-13 09:55:00

We're reducing him down to 1245-1400 tomorrow. The nursery say its quote normal and he'll settle soon. Speaking to friends over the weekend I feel a bit better.

He's going every day as per Scotland funding (he's 3y 3m) and is only used to being with family and older children. He's been great all weekend and accepts he's going back tomorrow and that granny will come back for him!

Seriously, I've been through the emotional wringer this week and took a lot of it put at the gym which is good! I increased my weights and was making grunty puffing noises like the pros! Thanks guys, apologise for hijack x

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sun 21-Apr-13 10:01:38

Oh Kato sad Hope he settles this week

reastie Mon 22-Apr-13 08:08:08

Hi all

kato hope today goes a bit better. At least the nursery say it's normal iykwim

Scales persist today in telling me I've put on 2 lbs. I don't believe it so it's not being recorded on the ss! I'll persist and reweigh in a couple of days.

Did 1 hr 20 mins of 'circuit burnout' yesterday <rubs thighs from aching muscles>. Really enjoying (if that's that right term) my new exercise dvd purchase, feels like it's making a difference already less than 3 weeks in - NSV yesterday - I did the stretch on the workout dvd where you lie on your back and pull your knees to your chest and hug them and realised a) before I lost weight this stretch was impossible to do properly as my tummy was so big it got in the way and b) my inner upper arms actually felt really hard, toned and muscly (in a good way) from all of the weights I've been recently doing <ignores the fact the rest of my arm has huge bingo wings and is still very chunky>. I was so proud I had to get DH to have a squeeze blush

Oh - it's DDs swimming lesson this afternoon and I go in the pool with her. It's my awful day of my period today (I get 1 - 2 days like this a month, it literally pours out, there's lots of nasty stuff and it's extremely heavy). I knew when I booked swimming lessons if lesson fell on bad period day I wouldn't be able to go but now I feel really feeble that I might not take DD to her prepaid swimming lesson just because of a stupid period. I'm paranoid of a leakage in the pool though (this is a distinct possibility). Am I OK not to go or shall I just toughed up and go?

Reastie, your 2lb is most likely a combination of TOTM and muscle build-up. It'll settle soon.
Go for a short swim, you'll feel better for it and nobody will be looking out for leakage. They'll all be worrying about their own image problems instead.
Weighing in after the school run, hopeful for a loss.

reastie Mon 22-Apr-13 08:35:27

Thanks IMST I was telling myself it is muscle etc but it helps to have it confirmed this might be the case from someone else grin . Re: swimming. I'm not going swimming myself at all, I'm in the water with DD for her lesson, so it's either go for the whole lesson or not go at all confused

Reastie, could you, er, double up on the sanitary protection just to make sureblush? In a class, people will be focused on the DCs and won't be looking anyway.
In future, perhaps a mooncup would be a better way to keep it all in check.
Anyways, moving on, I weighed in at 9st 1lb this morning, down 2(IIRC) on last week, and (this is the important bit) with a BMI of 24.84gringrin.
I am no longer overweight, I have a healthy BMI for the first time this millennium, and that's how it will stay.
The Wii Fit said "Hooray" to me for the first time, instead of "Too High" or "Ohhmm".
Now to focus on toning up what's left.

reastie could you change just before to a fresh tampax, then straight after? Would that work?

IMST that is brilliant! Well done. Can you remember how far away that seemed when you started? thanks

I've maintained this week. I'm a bit disappointed but not surprised as it's TOTM here too. 2lbs to go until my bmi is healthy.

NSV - my pj bottoms fell down last night. (I haven't worn this pair for a while.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now