MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

KatoPotato Mon 25-Mar-13 13:13:01

Uh oh.... my fitbit aria scales arrived today... no hiding now!!!

I have posted before and after photos now I'm finally on the big computer. Well done everyone, the NSVs are really coming now, motivation is working well.

KatoPotato Mon 25-Mar-13 15:07:02

Yay! Glad we'v got it working! IMST you are practically pocket-sized!! Do indeed be careful in these high winds!!

KatoPotato Mon 25-Mar-13 15:08:25

Oh and <waves> to reastie look at your tiny shoulders now! You look very pretty and smiley!

steppemum Netherlands Mon 25-Mar-13 17:34:30

reastie - that is amazing well done!

maintain this week which is ok as I haven't been good. As long as the steps are down and horizontal, I am happy!

KatoPotato Mon 25-Mar-13 21:59:42

Having a wibble! These sodding state of the art wifi clever clogs scales are chucking 3lbs on me!!!!

I am just back from bodypump but wtf?

Weigh again in the morning. I always weigh more in the evening.

KatoPotato Mon 25-Mar-13 22:19:25

Raging that they've wooshed these results straight into MFP!!

Thanks Dsis... Humph

steppemum Netherlands Mon 25-Mar-13 23:28:09

Oh Kato - you haven't gained the 3 lbs, it is just an adjustment blip always happens when changing scales which is why I don't want to change mine

reastie Tue 26-Mar-13 06:21:40

kato if it helps our gym got new scales a few months ago. When I was weighed on them (old and new scales were fancy body fat ones) the gym man said everyone had been weighed as several pounds heavier on the new scales - it was actually the scales being slightly different not everyone putting on a few pounds - could be that? I bet you haven't put on 3 lbs.

IMST wow look at how small you are now, looking great.

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 09:06:57

reastie I'm taking that reason and running with it! These are the scales I'll be sticking with so might as well suck it up!

0.7 pounds less this morning... Oh well, as long as its downwards and horizontal (steppe I love this!) I can't complain!

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 09:07:59

Anyone care to share the maths of how many calories 3lbs would be? It's thousands eh?

Ilovesunflowers Tue 26-Mar-13 16:12:06

It's 3500 per pound Kato so it would be 10500.

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 16:40:52

Right, so I've had the odd Malteaster bunny, but I think I'm in the clear! TY x

Tobermory Tue 26-Mar-13 16:47:55

Not very well today. Mini-Tobermory have had a nasty bug and think I've got it now. I've shared a bed with her while she was unwell, makes for slightly easier nights, I think hmm so not at all surprising I'm feeling rubbish.

Managed half a shred this morning and had to dig some snow off drive at lunchtime but now just want to eat.
And eat.
And eat.

Reading a thread about creme eggs almost has me salivating!

I have asked Dp to bring nice things home, I hope he doesn't.
Think maybe I should just go to bed when he returns and sleep through the cravings!

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 16:52:43

Tober sorry to hear about the poorly Tober-clan!

When you don't feel well it is good to eat. Why dont you get DP to bring home some of those baked rice crackers? half a whole pack is only 200cals!

<phones DH to do same!>

Tobermory Tue 26-Mar-13 17:40:29

Too late kato, he brought home a tub of rocky road.

blush

Tobermory Tue 26-Mar-13 17:47:36

The chocolate cake things from m&s.

I'll have one and savour it then go t0 bed!

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 19:54:06

Nice choice!!

Tobermory Tue 26-Mar-13 20:04:18

Too nice.... I had 3!
That's 150 calories of delicious chocolatey loveliness.

Yum! grin

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 20:42:12

This time last year I'd have eaten the whole lot! No questions!

eightytwenty Tue 26-Mar-13 20:45:23

Lovely photos reastie and imst! You are Shadows of your former selves.

Kato - most annoying scales!

Tobe - hope dc better.

Long day in London. But on the subject of calories, since January I have run 90k. Anyone care to guess how many cals I've used?

I had quite a task finding a "before" picture, I was quite adept at hiding from camerashmm.
Oddly, this Easter I am really not fussed about chocolate. Last Easter I would have eaten a fair bit by now, as there were tins and boxes of chocolates everywhere.

KatoPotato Tue 26-Mar-13 21:27:34

eighty about one Munchy box worth?

reastie Wed 27-Mar-13 06:33:54

tober hope you feel better soon, I always feel ravenous when I'm ill (or when I'm coming down with something) too. I always imagine it's my body trying to build up strength to fight off the bug.

I'm not massively fussed about easter although will try my best to avoid too much choc. I wonder if it's the thought of chocolate and wanting it that's stronger than actually eating it. I had one of those small foil coated chocolate eggs yesterday as someone from work bought in tons for everyone. I thought it would be lovely but instead I just found it too sugary and didn't really taste of much and tbh I didn't really like it that much shock . ALthough having said that it had a moreish flavour where I could have eaten alot (and then felt really ill). It's like they put something in it to make it addictive so even though you don't like it a huge amount you still want more!

SPB how are you doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now