MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

eightytwenty Mon 18-Mar-13 22:07:59

Sorry posted too soon!

Well done kato!

Reastie - wonder if we can post photos onto the excel sheet or via private messages somehow? Happy to share with you guys but not the wider world.

KatoPotato Mon 18-Mar-13 22:12:09

I've tried to add some via the desktop version of MN on my iPhone and I think it's all went wonky!

I might be able to set us up a google base camp to share photos, recipes, anything of interest? Does that sound useful to anyone? X

eightytwenty Tue 19-Mar-13 09:05:31

Sounds great kato!

How's everyone this morning? Spb? Gussie? Hair?

Morning everyone. Not too bad this morning. I feel a bit more up than yesterday.

Kato are the pics on your profile all you? You look very different as a blond. The profile picture is lovely. smile

I'm off to drink coffee and watch IMST tell stories this morning. It should be fun!

KatoPotato Tue 19-Mar-13 12:39:56

Tadaaa! Ladies I've finally got round to updating and fixing the spreadsheet!

I've archived last years and you can still access it through the tabs at the bottom, where I've also added a sheet for pasting pics only if you want to obv!

I've also updated the formula so if you pop your most recent weight in the 18/03/2103 cell you'll get a total weight loss since the thread started!

Weight converter is still there too.

smile

KatoPotato Tue 19-Mar-13 12:50:29

Good luck with your busy storytelling day IMST I hope one day my wee Robin can hear one of your stories!

Storytelling was great, I've been booked for a regular Tuesday slot.
NSV, I bought a dress from the charity shop, it looks fabulous on me, and, get this, it's a size 8shock.
I shall wear it on the school run to see if anyone noticessmile.

KatoPotato Tue 19-Mar-13 14:00:35

Shit the bed! Well done IMST

eightytwenty Tue 19-Mar-13 14:31:57

And sh.t the bed Kato! You look amazing in the gym photo!

Tried to copy some JPEGs over but didn't work - how did you do it?

Makes me see I had a good January, but haven't lost 1lb in the last month.

Bonkey - how're things?#

Reastie - you're doing well.

Right.... off for a run in the wind and rain.

KatoPotato Tue 19-Mar-13 14:34:06

Thank you very mucheighty I just selected 'insert picture' on the s/sheet. I've really slowed down and need to get back on it... <hides double decker wrapper>

KatoPotato Tue 19-Mar-13 14:35:27

Insert > image

eightytwenty Tue 19-Mar-13 14:55:15

That takes me to google. How do you get to photos on your computer?

Now changed into running gear. Ok going now.

reastie Tue 19-Mar-13 18:22:10

Kato amazing spreadsheets too. I'm having trouble too getting photos on - how do you do it? I just get the google thing too. Took me ages to actually find a fat picture of me too as I refused to have my photo taken most of the time!

Eighty well done on the run (assuming you have gone and haven't just got into the gear!).

IMST an 8 shock - wow, well done. Great work on the regular storytelling job too.

steppemum Tue 19-Mar-13 21:26:05

well I lost the 2lbs I put on last week. Not sure this week is going well, but I will aim for a maintain at least!

I can't get pictures on the spreadsheet either, the only options are Google, Life or Stock. There should be an "Upload" option but there isn't.

KatoPotato Wed 20-Mar-13 17:26:37

Hrmmm I wonder why mine is different? Ill screen grab later...

Tobermory Wed 20-Mar-13 23:24:27

Love the new spreadsheet, v. Pretty.

I've had a weird week, last week/10 days my weight was all over the place, then a period of sorts arrived. So think weight fluctuation was because of that.
But, periods. Has anyone else had periods affected by weight loss or exercise? Don't know if it's 'one of those things' or something I should worry about.

Went with a friend to a Zumba class on Monday and loved it. Also loved working out approx how many cals I burned! The equivalent of at least 2 shredding sessions and it was so much fun.

Loss this week of 1.5lbs. NSv, three people commented on my weight loss this week, which in a way is even nicer than watching those numbers go down.

eightytwenty Wed 20-Mar-13 23:34:36

Hi Tobermory. Well done on Nsv and loss!

Zumba is fab fun. Was v sad when my classes stopped. Though quite enjoying the "serious stuff" too these days.

Tobermory Wed 20-Mar-13 23:41:07

Eighty twenty, thanks. grin
ill def be there again next week but surprised that i still sche two days later, i must ave worked harder than i thought! I saw up thread that you're a runner. Whilst I've done a bit of an about turn with my attitude to exercise don't think it will extend to running. How far do you go?

Tobermory, I know what you mean about periods, I used to have a 21-24 day erratic cycle before I lost weight, it's now much more regular, and 27-28 days.

eightytwenty Thu 21-Mar-13 09:44:46

I'm only running as I've entered a novice triathlon in may. Came to that via swimming, which I love, and cycling. Running was my nemesis. But I was forced into it by a 63 yr old from my swim class. She pushed me out in November and I've run most weeks 2-3 times per week since. Max is 5k, mostly 3-4. Slow speed but times improving & it's certainly a sport you get better at v quickly (unlike swimming!). I like that its free & can be scheduled at any point in my (working from home) day.

reastie Thu 21-Mar-13 09:54:48

eighty wow to the triathlon. This past couple of weeks I've been starting to jog on the treadmill at the gym, haven't felt fit enough before. It feels great to be jogging (I was briefly a member of a local ladies jogging group) and I'm going to try going to a proper jog outside not on the treadmill soon. Feeling a bit rubbish today and yesterday though - think I've got some kind of coldy thing coming on, so am being a bit gentle on myself diet/exercise wise until I feel a bit better.

Made DD a den this morning by throwing a sheet over some chairs and put some toys in there and she's been quiet for ages - it's amazing grin , usually I have to play with her all the time, so it's a nice break.

kato is the ss sorted?

eightytwenty Thu 21-Mar-13 10:41:39

Outside is way easier than a treadmill IMO.

Well done on the den front!

Tobermory Thu 21-Mar-13 13:14:55

Running? I was rubbish at running 20 years ago before I had children and had bad habits. Now?! I don't think I could.
Having said that, I really surprised myself with how much I did at Zumba. I didn't have to stop at all, I was leaping around with the hard core zumbaists, though def not as not half as good as them. I have the shred to thank for that so maybe....maybe I could jog. Maybe?
Maybe I'll try tonight.
I have a poorly girl on the sette so am in all day, mopping brows and trying to get some work done in between. I might be ready for a run round the block.... In the dark!

Triathlon? Will second reasties WOW. When you started did you alternate a lot, running and walking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now