Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

DoubleMum Fri 15-Mar-13 07:41:21

Well done Cinnamon. I haven't paid sufficient attention to my 5 a day, it's hard trying to fit in all these different demands on my eating!

It's one thing I felt I needed to deal with, have maintained since July but my diet is slowly getting less and less healthy!!

WiseKneeHair Fri 15-Mar-13 20:57:44

I'm on a train again! Should be home within the hour grin Looking forward on seeng DH and the DC.
Think I coped reasonably well. I'm 30 cals over and haven't had dinner, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Back to normal tomorrow.
Well done on the five a day cinnamon, and the run.
I've sort of said I will run the race for life as well! Shame we aren't all near by to do it together although I don't think I could keep up with most of you

BumBiscuits Sat 16-Mar-13 15:04:14

Sorry folks I've not been here or on MFP. Things are difficult just now. Normal service will resume in a couple of weeks. sad

Hope you're ok and things improve soon BumBiscuits x

twinkle183 Sat 16-Mar-13 20:47:57

Anyone doing it in Carlisle... Been spinning this morning burnt a whooping 601 cals in an hour.. but will walk like I have been on a donkey tomorrow gonna go for a run tomorrow cos I need to get myself if good shape as I am determined to beat my friend this year... Last year she beat me by 5 mins hmm!

Been really good with food today but think I am having a sugar withdrawal though.... shock!! But i know that will go... Hopefully!

Cinnamon have also started eating 5 a day, sorry to ask but is it windy in your house? smile Cos it is in minesmile!

Keep working hard and keep the losses coming! X

BambieO Sat 16-Mar-13 22:31:22

Terrible evening, have been rowing with DH and it all came to a head. All sorted now but with wine and takeaway sad haven't este anything all day till now

To be honest twinkle183 its pretty windy in my house most of the time! I did a rfl with my mum about 10 years ago, took us 54 mins but took ages to get over the line to start! I am in Suffolk, did Nowton Park one in bury st Edmunds. I kind of feel that because I'm part of a club there are lots of runs open to me that others may not know about so feel a bit guilty entering a rfl. I tried to sell the c25k to a lady at the parkrun today but she wasn't feeling it sad

So plans for Easter? Everyone avoiding eggs or hoping to eek them out?

Chopstheduck Wed 20-Mar-13 07:07:54

morning girls!

I'm actually not that fussed about chocolate. My downfall is more along the lines of fried food! If Easter involved chips I'd be struggling.

I am a bit worried though, cos with no school runs, and four kids about, I wonder how much exercise I will get. The older two I can leave at home. The twins will be 8 on Saturday.

I am wondering whether to try leaving them in the park, there is a park right opposite the gym I have just joined, with only a weirdy bus only thoroughfare in between it and the gym (one bus ever half hour maybe less). They have been to our local park at home individually with the older kids, but never alone as a pair. I think I could see them from the gym though, and I would literally be 3 seconds away if they needed me.

dt2 is a bit lazy, but I am going to try bribing him to come out with me on his bike at least. We have some lovely mountain biking trails, and there is an ice cream place about 3 miles away taking a direct route through the woods.

Hello everyone!!

Am still plodding along.......getting a bit more complacent now though I have to admit and seem to struggle weekends. I am going to try and make sure I log everything I shovel into my mouth and try and be better sat and sun too.

Only 2-4 lbs to go to get to goal so really dont want to muck it up now.

Did body combat today, got hoop tonight and then will combat again tomorrow.

I will avoid choc over easter - we get DS a gift rather than choc anyway so hopefully there wont be too much temptation. Chocolate is something I never crave BUT if I have one bit then that is when I need more.

Feel free to add me on MFP - Vixen7777 smile

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Thu 21-Mar-13 14:01:12

Joining this group has been great. Finally, after stalling for several months my weight is going down again! It feels great to try clothes on in a size I have fitted into in years grin.

I still have a few kg to go, but I am feeling positive about it.

DoubleMum Thu 21-Mar-13 14:03:33

Well done! Support is everything I think. Well, and eating less, obviously.

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Thu 21-Mar-13 14:05:01

haven't fitted rather!

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Thu 21-Mar-13 14:05:55

It's easier to eat less when there are lots of people looking over your shoulder grin

Glad to hear you're making good progress FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels!

Chopstheduck Thu 21-Mar-13 16:56:54

the MFP site is down! Nooooooooo!

Lissyfrog Fri 22-Mar-13 02:36:53

Hi everyone x not been on here for a while as back at work so not so much time to myself x so as u can see everything back to normal sad you are all a great support to me and I wouldn't of come this far without u so big hugs sent to u all x
I think I'm friends with u all on MFP but if not feel free to add me x hmmmmmmmm Yes the blinking Easter bunny is on his way !!! I'm hoping he gets lost on the way to my house as I'm normally the only way chumping my way through them. Although saying that I've had 16 eggs in my cupboard under the stairs for about 3 weeks and not caved in so far. Brought when they were on offer for kids friends and family I might add. I'm not stocking up for myself.
Have a good weekend ladies and see u on the other side (MFP) !!!!!!

Lissyfrog Fri 22-Mar-13 02:39:51

Sorry that should be the only ONE !!!! But it is 2.39 am and can't sleep sad

DoubleMum Fri 22-Mar-13 07:21:18

Hope you got some sleep Lissy. Think I was awake then too. Snow here this morning but only a dusting, hope it stays that way.

So pissed off with this weather, I'm cold all the time and really have to force myself out to run as I've already been out in the miserable cold/wet/snowy/windy weather several times each day sad

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Fri 22-Mar-13 11:44:18

Zumba DVD for me today I think. Just really cannot face running out in the cold cold cold wind! (we have some snow, but only a dusting)

The wind is awful, going out Sunday but thinking of wussing out as I don't want to be outside for several hours! Will mean taking picnic too and probably eating it outside sad

twinkle183 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:43:40

Hi girls am feeling slightly better... Oh that was awful!!! Not better enough to start exercising though... But hoping by Monday to be back to full fitness! This weather is crappy awful isn't it! It needs to warm up soon wink

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 11:29:08

Yep we have quite a bit of snow here, but has just stopped, hope that's it. Nice warming food I think (although mostly not for me!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now