Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

Dizzydora71 Sun 03-Mar-13 12:27:46

Hi everyone I went out out to dinner last night and made good choices without going over.Even managed a few vodka and diet cokes too lol . I have weighed in this morning and I have lost 2.5 lbs.So in all I've lost 25 lbs in 8 weeks. Hello to all the newbies and good luck to everyone.Feel free to add me on Mfp it's the same username as here.

Well done Dizzydora71, that's great!

Good luck with the dissertation twinkle183, the moment of handing it in is like total freedom!!! Do you have exams after? I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time smile

Well done for losing all you've put back on kingbeat23!! Sorry to hear about the stranger's insensitive question, use it as something positive not negative though. Took me 3 1/2st before anyone noticed my weightloss, even my mum shock

DoubleMum Mon 04-Mar-13 11:07:33

Good grief Cinnamon, that's a bit depressing. : (
Still, they noticed, because you carried on, that's the important bit.

I have been back on MFP for 90% this week and have lost 2lb which makes 32lb since june/july last year.

I am also using my FITBIT properly and make sure i'm doing my 10,000 steps at least each day.

DoubleMum Mon 04-Mar-13 13:25:49

Well done Where. Which Fitbit are you using? Think I am going to ask for one for my birthday.

DH got me this one it is a Fitbit one.

DoubleMum Mon 04-Mar-13 13:54:15

Thankyou, will keep my eyes open for a good deal

twinkle183 Tue 05-Mar-13 08:10:48

Morning ladies....

Feel like a new woman this morning after handing that dissertation in smile!! Funny enough there was a program about it on channel 4 dispatches last night and it pretty much was a programme about my dissertation grin!! So fingers crossed I have done enough to pass.....

cinamongreyhound I don't have exams left thank goodness but two more assignments and one practical placement and I will be done!!!

Well plyo today just before lunch oh that is gonna hurt... Everybody willing to peel me off the floor around about half one will be welcomed in with open arms... Lol xxx

Keep going girls and guys!!! Am so determined to get to where I want to be this time it's unreal!! Feel like a freight train that I am unstoppable!! Xxx

BumBiscuits Tue 05-Mar-13 09:50:29

Well done on all the losses, everyone. I've enjoyed reading the statuses on my MFP app.

I tried that 15 cal for 200g pasta that you can buy from Holland & Barrett. I couldn't eat it. Well I could but I gave up quickly. Too rubbery. I'll stick with the cauliflower rice, cheaper and more edible!

I had another weekend away (family member ill) and ate lots of junk over the weekend.

I've STS though as I'm managing my fasts okay. I feel as if I'm going to break my stalemate this week and lose something. I've been the same weight for 3 weeks. I have had a deficit each week on my TDEE, so that's one thing.

Erm, I haven't pooed been to the loo since Friday, so that won't be helping. I'm normally an everyday kinda girl! I've had some prune juice this morning, which usually works before lunchtime grin

DoubleMum Tue 05-Mar-13 10:57:46

We like prunes on here!

DoubleMum Tue 05-Mar-13 10:58:04

Well, some of us anyway.

BumBiscuits Tue 05-Mar-13 11:48:17

Prune juice works for me, but only if I haven't had it yesterday and I take it first thing, before shower, cups of tea or whatever.

The effect is rapid and quite, erm, explosive. I think I might be slighly allergic to it grin

mrsnec Tue 05-Mar-13 14:34:25

Hi all! Having a bit of a giggle about all the prunes! Really just checking in again. I've mucked about with my settings a bit. I'm still weighing every day but not always updating. Up half lb today so not happy about that. It means I've lost hardly anything in the last couple of weeks. I changed my settings to give me less cals (upped to lose 1.5 lb a week) hope it will encourage me to be more active.

twinkle183 Tue 05-Mar-13 20:13:35

Ladies....

Well the insanity train is up and running and I burnt am impressive 375 in 40mins so grin with that!!!

Laughing at your explosive action BumBiscuits wink water and exercise work for me but bread bungs me up... So staying clear of that!!!

Am hoping for a good loss this week fingers crossed!! Anyone know of a post workout protein powder that will help me mend quicker??

Well done on all the losses it's fab!!! grinsmile

DoubleMum Tue 05-Mar-13 20:34:32

Well done Twinkle

kingbeat23 Wed 06-Mar-13 10:39:27

Just a message to say thanks for all the status messages on MFP it's really helped.

Well done twinkle183! The assignments will seem like a breeze after a dissertation smile

Sorry to hear you've had an ill family member BumBiscuits, and well done for sts. I find that my bowels slow down twice a month just as my weight loss does, now I gain at those times and then go back down so I think it is significant.

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Mar-13 09:07:22

Morning everyone. I've been doing a bit of a catch up as not had chance to post recently.
I'm definitely in the prune fan club grin
Really, really hope you've managed to poo by now BumBiscuit strangely appropriate name
Glad you finished the dissertation Twinkle, been there, got number of T shirts and thank all that is holy that I don't have to do that kind of thing ever again. The only way I could do it was with gallons of coffee and tonnes of chocolate, so not very healthy. You go girl and get on that insanity train.
I'm out to dinner tonight. It's a work thing and I know that the menu choice is going to be fairly limited (Italian), so I think I'll try my best but won't beat myself up too much if I go over.
Will do some exercise, but feeling a bit achy after my run and doing lvl 2 of 6 week 6 pack yesterday.
Keep at it everyone, you are all great and MFP is helping me keep on track so much.

BumBiscuits Thu 07-Mar-13 11:40:03

grin at all the concerns for my, ahem, movements. Just to keep you all up to date, the prune juice worked the magic almost before I'd finished typing that last post. Great stuff.

My plateau has a tentative break, in that I was half a pound lighter this morning, bringing my total to 9.5 lbs. I hope is the start of a downward trend again.

I'm thinking about trying the 30 day shred for the first time.

DoubleMum Thu 07-Mar-13 11:47:57

Well done Bumbiscuits - on both triumphs! Aah, the joys of prunes ...

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Mar-13 13:20:33

Well done BumBiscuit I've become a bit of a JM addict since starting the shred in January, so I would say go for it. grin
I'm sitting in the hairdressers, with biscuits and coffee. Bliss. Also feeling very virtuous as I walked here. Don't want to think too much about the hill in the way home...

BumBiscuits Thu 07-Mar-13 13:27:17

I looked at the shred thread on here. My telly in the kitchen is an internet one so I'll put it to good use and look up the Level one work out on You Tube.

And my kids will get a laugh at me huffing and puffing.

I am still plodding along. I have to say MFP has been a massive surprise to me, for some reason I am really sticking to it with good results smile

2.5 lbs to go to my goal and then may try and get a bit lower than that, we shall see.

If anyone wants to add me I am Vixen7777

Hope everyone's still going strong! I really need to increase fruit and veg, been trying this week but still not managed 5 every day sad

Dh is cooking with the boys tomorrow for the Birdseye Mother's Day product test thread, should be interesting!!

Doing my first park run tomorrow, which I'm strangely nervous about! Ladies from my running group and going for 3 miles before so I think
I'll be a bit slow!

Chopstheduck Sun 10-Mar-13 11:27:04

Hello everyone, finding it hard to keep up with this thread, but I try to keep up on MFP. Same username as here if anyone wants to add me.

Cinnamon, is there anyway to get MPF to count fruit and veg? The one I used last time used to tell me how many portions I had, but this one doesn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now