Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning Sat 08-Jun-13 12:02:29

It's LoveWearingSkinnyJeans.

Have it set up for 1100, once I'm back in the flow I'll drop it. What are you on?

LoveBeing I'll add you, I'm snailrunner on there. Are you sure about 1100? It's quite difficult to eat healthily on that. Have you checked your BMR? I did 5:2 so it's a bit different for me and even now at maintenance I can only eat 1600 but I lost 22lbs without depriving myself much at all!

Newrowsees Sat 08-Jun-13 19:00:15

Wow that's fab cinnamon, I did wonder whether you'd take a break eventually. You've done so well for so long that you must have a good feel instinctively for what you should be doing & eating. Have you got a plan for the future, e.g how often you'll weigh yourself, how you'll adjust if you need to? Sorry to be nosy, just really intrigued about maintenance - and it might sound silly, but you've been a big inspiration!

Mitchy1nge Sun 09-Jun-13 16:02:08

think have achieved changing mfp username to mitchyinge

PLEASE add me, anyone who is not going to judge grin

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 09-Jun-13 18:34:32

Right, I need to re activate my enthusiasm because I don't seem to have lost any weight for two weeks.

Whilst I'm not being 100% strict about what I'm eating, I am eating considerably less than I was.

From today, I am giving up coffee. I had cut down to one a day but it is usually accompanied by 4 a couple of biscuits blush. I gave coffee up a couple of years ago to try and break the biscuit habit and it wasn't too big a sacrifice. However, someone did try to persuade me that boiling water was a good substitute hmmgrin...I didn't and don't agree but will have a mint tea to be sociable grin.

Just been out for dinner and had a child's Sunday dinner with extra veg...that's not too bad, is it? will keep quiet about the corneto that I scoffed in about 30 seconds flat.

The next two weeks will be very calorie-controlled because I am going to a wedding and I want to lose at least another 4lb. The fridge is fully stocked with salad which should keep me going for a few days smile.

I've noticed that I stop logging halfway through the day so am going to make more effort to fill it all in.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine this weekend!

AnnoyedAtWork Sun 09-Jun-13 18:36:56

chic_mama_25

Add me smile

2 kg to go woopgrin

Ledkr Spain Sun 09-Jun-13 18:37:29

hiccup I could have written your post.
I'm really slipping today and also stop logging when I pig out halfway through the day.
I'm with you on a fresh start tomorrow.
Weekends are so hard aren't they.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 09-Jun-13 19:37:16

Because I am lazy unsure still of how to add people...could someone add me as a friend please? It might guilt encourage me to eat well and give me inspiration when I see what everyone else is eating grin.

I'm mogs0

Ledkr Spain Sun 09-Jun-13 19:42:03

Ill do it now x

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 09-Jun-13 20:05:09

Thank you!

I've just logged today's food and it's not as bad as I feared. I'm over by 62 calories which isn't the end of the world (as long as I don't wear anything else tonight!!).

Ledkr Spain Sun 09-Jun-13 23:29:21

I didn't bother as I picked all day. Prob wasn't that bad tho and in defo out if my bad sweet habit. Working next three days so probably be easy enough. Have made pasta salad for lunch. You need to be organised.

jchocchip Mon 10-Jun-13 06:52:28

Been away for the weekend. Involved a carvery... grin

Ledkr Spain Mon 10-Jun-13 07:06:19

Uh oh! I take it you didn't just have "some lean meat and lots of veg" ha ha
Fresh start with me and hiccup?
I've woken up starving today!

LoveBeingUpAt4InTheMorning Mon 10-Jun-13 10:08:25

Hi all

Well an ok start to the day. Weighted myself this morning and got a shock and not in a good way. Hey ho off we go.

FeijoaVodkaStat Mon 10-Jun-13 14:13:51

Checking back in. Went slightly of the rails last weekend, so have spent the week losing all that weight, back down to under 71kg today, so hoping to be registering a proper loss tomorrow.

The good news is I've started running again. My hip is hating it, but I know the more I run and stretch after the better it will feel.

Will check in properly later, have to do a jigsaw with DD now.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Mon 10-Jun-13 20:07:16

Damn these cravings!! I've spent the last hour and a half trying to stop myself from going to eat something. I really should distract myself by doing something useful

riverboat Tue 11-Jun-13 07:51:24

Hiccup - what about sugar free chewing gum when you start craving? I find it helps me. I like the fruity ones, especially blackcurrant

Feioja - think I'm going to be in your position in a week. Have parents coming to stay for a long weekend, which means a) I'm not going to be able to get much exercise in, and b) its going to be hard to stick to low-cal meals ...glad you managed to get your gain back off though, hope you see the loss you want today.

Thanks riveboat and newrowsees! I think I will be roughly calorie counting as I have got so tuned in to how many calories things are now. I will just try to keep my portions at the size they are now and if I have a splurge make sure that other meals are more sensible. I weigh myself daily anyway and have for as long as I can remember so will see how things are going. If I find weight creeps on I will try to be stricter and then come back to mfp if that doesn't work. Running means I can have treats on those days which is good and I am totally used to smaller portions now so it's just normal. I really don't want to be back where I started ever again! Especially as I have no clothes bigger than a 10 now!

Good luck to everyone else, where ever you are on your journey x

poshdjc Tue 11-Jun-13 19:30:37

I'm new and haven't posted in a while, but managed three weeks on logging and swimming, and have lost 8lbs. Will miss you Cinnamongreyhound. Good luck :-) I need some more motivators, feel free to add me on MFP x

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 12-Jun-13 20:02:38

Good luck, cinnamon! Will you still pop onto these threads?

Riverboat - I'll give the gum a try, thanks.

Poshdjc - yay! Well done!!

I had a good, long walk today and nearly passed out when I got back to the top of the hill...I was so out of breath blush.

I must admit, though, that I don't think I log my exercise correctly. I often have two children in a buggy when I'm out walking which, IMO, makes me work harder but MFP gives me fewer calories than if I'd been walking without it. Also, it doesn't give an option for pushing a double buggy, uphill, loaded with shopping!

I'm desperate to get into my pjs but I left a load of stuff in the car (across the road) because it was raining so much when I got home and it really needs to be brought in this evening. I wish it would stop fecking raining!!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 13-Jun-13 12:20:39

Ugh, we're at soft-play sad. I had planned to have a tuna baguette but they don't have any tuna so have ended up with a ham & cheese panini, a twin and a latte blush. It's my first coffee since Saturday!

I will keep checking in and I'm logging exercise just to keep track of what I'm doing. Thank you all for being so lovely smile

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 16-Jun-13 21:47:16

How's the weekend been for everyone?

DS and I went away for the night on Friday, came back late last night then been at DS' karate comp for most of today.

It's felt like I've massively blown my calorie allowance but it's not quite as bad as I first thought.

Also, had a pleasant surprise this morning when I weighed myself smile.

I'm really hoping the weather is better next week so that I can walk the school run rather than going in the car.

Shoes and shrug were purchased yesterday for next weekend's wedding outfit and it all looks good...if I can get some support-something-or-others and maybe shed another couple of lbs!

riverboat Tue 18-Jun-13 07:53:22

Hi Hiccup - glad your weekend wasn't quite as bad as first thought! Congrats on the loss.

I had a similar weekend actually, my parents were staying which meant lots of restaurants and goodbye to routine - I blew my calories completely on Fri, Sat and Sun. But the scales seem to think it wasn't as bad as all that after all...

Megsdaughter Tue 18-Jun-13 07:58:55

Can I join in. Been using MFP since Christmas. Really managing to stick to 1200 calories.
But I've got a miserable cold today. I want chocolate and sticky buns sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now