Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

I never have SissySpaceAteMyHamster! My breakfast takes me to over half of my allowance and that's just the milk and 15g of raisins. Really hard to get all nutrients on 1200 calories but well done for being aware of it.

You need to plan well and be mentally in the right place ThinkyPantsWorryWort. Logging and logging honestly is the key to mfp the rest comes along with it. Good luck.

Fab loss Dizzydora71!

awaywego1 Mon 22-Apr-13 22:21:14

Hi everyone-feel free to add me-same username as here-although my diet has been pretty rubbishy-am managing to stick to cals (around 1300) but have far too much alcohol and chocolate which I'm sure is affecting loss.
Weigh in day tommorow- am not expecting the scales to shift tho...
I'm wondering if anyone else is just relying on diet alone rather than exercise? Due to health problems (cfs/me etc) I struggle to do any exercise regularly-and have a very sedentary life and am feeling a bit disheartened-like I might never shift this 1/2 stone without it. I do have some hand weights and try and do a few sit-ups but really can't do cardio at the moment.
Am finding it helpful to see how everyone else is doing tho on here and on mfp so that's positive grin

MrsBucketxx Tue 23-Apr-13 09:34:30

I'm being really bad, can't stop eating aaarrggghh,

am I destined never to be my goal weight, so stressed about stupid stuff its not helping.

how is everyone else doing?

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Tue 23-Apr-13 11:37:53

Thanks Cinnamon I will stick at it this time, although I have majorly cocked up today by having pasta at lunchtime which has just about left me with no calories left for the rest of the day!

I can add some exercise though to gain some calories back, but tea might just be salad, although I do like salad!

Movingforward123 Wed 24-Apr-13 08:23:01

Hi everyone grin

I havnt been logging or eating properly since thursday confused

I had been stoking to 1400 cals very day for a whole week and list 0.6 lbs then after eating for a few days put 1 lbs back on! It's tough going but im back now!

Hi everyone

Just a note to say I'm snailrunner on mfp if anyone else wants to add me...I check in there much more often that I remember to check in here!

Lovely day for salads and healthy eating (and ice cream!)

Anyone else doing 5:2? It has certainly worked for me (16lbs gone in 8 weeks).

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Wed 24-Apr-13 13:55:34

Hi,

I was on this thread's predecessor the year before last (I think) and lost about 10 lbs, which I put back on and lost some of last year, and then gained the rest (ish) after Christmas. I have to do something about it as I'm only able to wear about 10% of my wardrobe!

I'm too obsessive scared to weigh myself but know I have to take 2 inches off my waist and hips - so a dress size and that's what I will be monitoring. I know I'm not big but I have to reverse this upwards trend and be able to fit my clothes again. I've been at it for 10 days now (and am furious I'm not skinny yet) and would appreciate the lovely support on this thread again.

I've cut back on thoughtless eating - I find MFP really helps me to think about what I put in my mouth and am hitting the gym hard again so am working hard and putting a lot of thought into what we eat. Sweet Potato Fishcakes are on the menu tonight with some salad. Yum. I think BBC Good Food has some great recipes, and with the nutritional info are easy to add to MFP "my foods".

I'm HannahT78 on MFP if anyone would be kind enough to add me.

MrsBucketxx Wed 24-Apr-13 14:10:08

I have added you another bad day for me sad thats why no food diary whats the point when its shitty.

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Wed 24-Apr-13 14:20:18

I kind of think keeping a log when it goes wrong has a purpose in itself. You can look back and spur yourself on to do well.

Also, the day isn't out yet. Why not make sure you log and have a healthy supper? Turning a shitty day into a slightly-less-shitty one.

MrsBucketxx Wed 24-Apr-13 14:47:32

I'm going too I think,

awaywego1 Wed 24-Apr-13 15:38:45

Chin up mrsbucket hmm what about setting your mfp to maintenance and aiming for that for a few days rather than trying to be too strict? Might help you get back in the zone.
Can people see my diary on mfp? I can see some people's but not others.

awaywego1 Wed 24-Apr-13 15:39:47

Just answered my own question and have now set it so friends can see-eek the shame grin

I agree MrsBucketxx, logging is half the battle as it makes it real and also shows you how far you've gone wrong. Sorry you're having a rubbish time. I'm struggling to eat healthily the last few days, just want junk sad

Welcome back HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform!

Sorry you're not seeing results movingforward123, are you drinking enough? What are your maintenance calories? Wondering if the difference is small then you would expect a slowish loss.

Just made 36 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and marshmallows as requested by ds1 for his class tomorrow as it's his birthday. Has totally put me of eating anything, perhaps I should get a new job and I'd never have to worry about not eating smile

MrsBucketxx Thu 25-Apr-13 19:52:21

I have logged today I'm over but its a start.

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Thu 25-Apr-13 20:20:47

It is a start!

If you're struggling, which you seem to be, is it worth taking the weekend off to take the pressure off yourself and then coming back at it all guns blazing on Monday? You know where you're going wrong and seem to be down about it, so why not give yourself a clean slate as of next week?

I really couldn't manage the calorie limits without exercise. Thank goodness the new (and super cheap) gym has opened!

MrsBucketxx Thu 25-Apr-13 20:24:52

I'm really stressed atm with loads of things and I always seem to grab crap, like chocolate and sweet things.

I'm trying honest I am.

awaywego1 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:44:07

You are doing fine mrsbucket! Give yourself a break-your diary isn't bad atall today smile

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Thu 25-Apr-13 20:52:57

You're doing well though - whilst what you logged today wasn't perfect you did log it and came in close to target! Please don't beat yourself up - it really doesn't help and you have nothing to beat yourself up over!

Maybe baby steps are the answer - one time you reach for the crap tomorrow substitute it with something boring healthy?

Hello all, MrsBucket could it be because you are going too long between meals, so you're getting a dip in blood sugar which then makes you eat more? I always struggle if I don't eat little and often.

Cinnamon I always found that I didn't want rubbish after I'd spent ages making it. I worked in a cafe serving chips for a couple of years and in that time I never touched a piece of fried food. I made jacket potato and salad for myself every lunch time. Ah to be 16 and a size 8 again smile

I'm doing well at the minute 1lb off this week, but I've got 6 friends turning 30, a wedding and my baby's christening in the next 5 weeks. I think damage limitation and maintenance will be the name of the game!

Perhaps you need a break MrsBucketxx, whatever you decide to do don't beat yourself up. Sometimes things happen beyond in our control and although in an ideal world you don't eat to feel better but most of us do!! I have maintained for almost 9 months now and still have days when I stuff myself with junk because somethings upset me/I'm stressed/tried/hormonal but I eat less with it than I used to and I will adjust my eating when I'm feeling better to make sure it's not the beginning of the end. Look after yourself whatever that means for you. But in case you want a kick up the bum here's one <<kick>>

SuzySuzSuz Fri 26-Apr-13 11:43:58

Hello! [waves at everyone!]

I'm starting MFP today, day one here we go! Will be adding some people from this thread if that's okay?! Know it will help that others can see my food log! Also for me to pinch some ideas from you all!

I'm LondonSuz smile

Chopstheduck Sat 27-Apr-13 06:39:11

Hi SuzySuzSuz and welcome!

I accepted your request on MFP, but you haven't actually set your diary to public yet, so we can't see what you are eating. Good or bad days, it's really helpful to have it public, I've had such fantastic support from everyone on there x

jchocchip Sat 27-Apr-13 06:40:17

Marking place. Am trying to log absolutely everything at the moment. Haven't had a scone off the trolly at work all week smile. And its parkrunday smile

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Sat 27-Apr-13 07:56:37

Morning.

Well yesterday evening went a bit wrong, but I think I did enough exercise in anticipation of it happening that I didn't do too much damage. Just the rest of the weekend to get through.

I really am not good at weekends!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now