Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

Movingforward123 Mon 15-Apr-13 16:46:45

Bananas - add me grin my name is: krissycat on mfp it's good to have friends so you can see what everyone is eating!

Movingforward123 Mon 15-Apr-13 17:15:36

Bananas - add me grin my name is: krissycat on mfp it's good to have friends so you can see what everyone is eating!

Movingforward123 Mon 15-Apr-13 17:15:54

Sorry posted twice blush

AliceinSlumberland Mon 15-Apr-13 21:03:10

Right I am determined this time! Just joined up as this thread looks very motivational. Had a terrible day today, got a dominos pizza sad but do feel like I made a slight achievement as was offered Ben and Jerrys and turned it down. This, for me, is an achievement, as I am so weak to sweet things.

I am doing 1200 per day although find this hard. Any tips? I particularly struggle with lunch, what do people normally have for lunch? I really hate exercise but trying to do brisk walking for one hour as many days as I can, think I might start c25k too, have people found this helps?

I am currently 5ft 9 and weight 12stone4lbs, would like to get down to 11 stone.

BananasInBikinis Mon 15-Apr-13 22:02:55

Just finished my first day, and went pretty well, though had to resist snacking during the day.

Ate almost 1200, and have just finished a Davina cardio workout (tough!) which I assume gives me about 200, so have a net of 1000 for the day.

Hopefully I can stick to it!

1400 seems reasonable to me Movingforward123, I was never on less than 1360 and was 9st 4 at lightest. How active are you without the exercise you add to mfp?

Welcome Aliceinslumberland! For lunch I tend to go for soup (chicken noodle is my favourite only 126 calories a can), mug shots are yummy. Sandwich with either small slices (400g loaf) or 1 slice but with things like cherry tomatoes or gherkins with it. Or a small portion of leftover, beans on toast (one slice again), really don't like salad! Tesco bread pretzel 205 calories with a few of slices of ham 10 calories each and cherry tomatoes 100g 18 calories is a favourite of mine smile. I did smaller portions rather than cutting things out but if 1200 to too tough I'd suggest upping it a bit for slower loss but more sustainable.

Well done BananasInBikinis!

I'm on 1200cal and I tend to have sandwiches or salads for lunch.

I aim for around 300cal for breakfast and 500 for dinner (I always pre plan dinner and enter into MFP in the morning) so I have about 400cal for lunch.

Movingforward123 Tue 16-Apr-13 09:06:56

Cinnamon - in not majorly active generally! But info work in retail two days per week which involves standing and walking all day, but I'm not at work at the Moment due to a sprained ankle! But I should be back soon. Also can't exercise much right now.

So how quickly did you loose the weight? As I've been doing it for a week tomorrow and only went over my calories once and so far I have lost 0.4 lbs hmm but its the time of the month too so maybe that's why!

Possible because it the time of the month. I can put on 2/3lbs when I'm due.

I lost 5lb the first week but then I had a lot to lose and drastically changed the way I was eating. TOTM definitely affects my weightloss/gain, upto 2lbs which disappears within a few days, also happens when I ovulate.

Movingforward123 Tue 16-Apr-13 22:18:37

Well its weigh in day tomorrow! Gulp I know I havnt really lost anything, but I don't feel too bad like I normally do when I'm on 1200 cals as I feel extra hungry then!

Movingforward123 Tue 16-Apr-13 22:36:06

Also does anyone know what's the best thing to eat in a Mexican restaurant? As I'm going for dinner on thursday!

I normally have the nachos which are sooooo nice smile and a beef enchilada gringrin

awaywego1 Tue 16-Apr-13 23:17:10

Good luck for tommorow moving-remember tho if its totm then you might not see a loss yet (it's taken me a month but i finally lost 2lbs today-when I weighed last week before af I had sts)
Not very knowledgeable with Mexican food but maybe a chilli without the wraps or nachos? Although I always think its nice just to have what you want and be healthier the days around a meal out-it makes healthy eating feel more like a way of life than a diet. grin

Movingforward123 Wed 17-Apr-13 19:28:42

Hi can anyone help me put with this? Today I went to Frankie and bennys blush I had a hot dog and fries, and chocolate brownies shock and in mfp it says that 1/2 a cup cooked is 200 cals! Is that what I would input or more?

There were 3 small squares of brownies ice cream in the middle and cream too! Not sure if 200 cals is enough!

Frankie and bennys fires are 200 cals grin and I'm thinking hot dogs arnt too much! Maybe around 300cals

jchocchip Thu 18-Apr-13 06:58:47

Hello again. Have managed to log for a couple of days. Eating salad at work. smile

I'd go for a full cup movingforward123, sounds like a cupful to me grin

Hi jchocchip smile

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:53:07

I did go with a full cup in the end grin

Well I weighed myself today and I was 10.6.2 an ld started at 10.6.8 so in a while week ive lost 0.4 lbs but I'm going to keep it up and hope for the best grin and blame totm and hope next week is better!

squistle Fri 19-Apr-13 20:47:29

Hi everyone, I've finally got to the point where I am looking in the mirror and hating what I see. I did manage to lose a bit of weight but I have put it all back on over the winter. I would like to blame the terrible weather and comfort eating but the rain wasn't forcing pizza down my neck was it blush I've have started a 5k running prog, zombies, run! which hopefully will get me trained up and I would like to get down to 80kgs ish as my first target. I'm 5'7 and 103kgs now so got quite a bit of jelly to shift. My username on MFP is welsh_gal if anyone would like to add me smile

Welcome squistle, don't look at the whole just break it down ino manageable pieces. I was 95kg when I started and am and now 61 so its totally doable. If you want some support with the running you can come and join our couch to 5k thread smile

squistle Fri 19-Apr-13 21:51:36

Wow Cinnnamon what's amazing. I'm not really doing it for the scales, just want to be size 12/14, be fitter and not wobble when I walk [Grin] I'll check out C25K thread too!

squistle Fri 19-Apr-13 21:59:39

That's amazing! Sorry.. stupid phone grin

FeijoaVodkaStat Sat 20-Apr-13 09:02:08

Been having computer problems, so not on mn much (big threads take to long to load on phone), but I'm still on mfp every day. If anyone wants to add me on there I'm feijoajam. Hello to all newbies grin

After dithering for a week I'm finally back on track and the scales are going down again.

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Mon 22-Apr-13 06:56:09

Hi I went on to join this site yesterday and then realised I had actually joined it 2 years ago! Anyway, starting it up again as I let my online slimming world lapse and I really need to lose the extra pounds by July!

I am on 1200 calories, and I just wondered how anyone managed to keep the sugar within the allowance! I don't add any sugar to anything, but seem to have been over both days so far.

I am trying to plan my meals using it so I can see that I'm getting my necessary calories.

Any advice would be massively welcome, thanks.

ThinkyPantsWorryWort Mon 22-Apr-13 10:18:43

Hello all, I've been signed up to MFP for a while and have great successes some weeks and then others it's Wednesday before I remember to log. :-/ Looking for some more inspiration and encouragement. So much going on at the moment but fed up of my old excuse of "not enough time". Have decided to make this my priority.

I have set my calories to 1500 a day. This should afford me a 1lb-2lb weight loss a week ( I have a good 3 stone to shift if not more but I'm taking it a 1lb at a time).

Anyone out there that has struggled in the past to make this a priority but has now succeeded? I think I know the answer . . . I think there might be a huge amount of self sabotage going on. Anyway, here now to stop the cycle!

Day 1 of the rest of my life has started . . .

Dizzydora71 Mon 22-Apr-13 17:42:21

Hi everyone old and new. I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks. I've lost 3lbs this week so have lost 38 lbs in 14 weeks. I've got 4 lbs to my goal weight. Feel free to add me on MFP same username as on here. Hoping everyone has a good week chin up and take care xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now