Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

meso Tue 02-Apr-13 22:48:06

Hi bambie0, you are about same height and weight as me, I had a baby in August and am also trying to shift my baby weight and mummy tummy. I've got a holiday with swim wear involved to motivate me!!! Good luck! I'm missmou on mfp, feel free to add me, I'm on my phone so can't add anyone til I get to the computer!

meso Tue 02-Apr-13 22:49:03

Sorry, that should have been to Willyoudothefandango, not to Bambio0!!!!

BambieO Wed 03-Apr-13 08:23:39

I was just going to say we could be twins! I had my baby in August and have a holiday coming up too, we could have compared notes haha

BambieO Wed 03-Apr-13 08:28:34

Juts had a sneaky weigh in and I am 20 pounds down since I started logging and joined these chats. I'm very pleased, still have a long way to go, ideally I would like another stone off before summer kicks in.

You have all been such a help, I am determined to keep going and hit my goal. It feels good to be in the 'normal' not sure I like that word BMI but I am on 24.5 so would like to get to a comfortable maintainable 23.

It's not the best indicator of weight for me as I think if I go down to 11 stone or lower I might look a bit gaunt so I will aim towards that and stop when I feel it's right.

Have a good day all

Samnella Wed 03-Apr-13 21:32:57

Evening all. I have been on MFP for 3 days and now I know exactly where I have been going wrong shock. It's been an eye opener. I have had a few tricky days and haven't been able to stick to my calories. We went out for dinner last night and it's my sons birthday today so it's been a challenge. I have also realised I am a habitual snacker. I am going to do my best to stick to it tomorrow.

BambieO Wed 03-Apr-13 23:03:40

Hi samanella glad you are liking MFP it really is invaluable in making us look at what we eat! I can't believe some of the things I have been wasting calories on. It has made me adjust my whole attitude to food! Hope your son had a nice birthday!

RGPargy Fri 05-Apr-13 15:07:31

Hello everyone smile

The tonsils are still being a little naughty at the mo, but I am finishing the course of penicillin as prescribed by my presumptious GP so hopefully they will do the trick. Normal shoutiness can resume very soon I hope!

Weight loss still going well. Just waiting for our nutritionist to email us over a set of "rules". Once we've got these I think we can broaden our eating a hell of a lot! Having said that, i'm really happy with the breakfast and lunches. It's just dinners that are difficult and dull!

Hoping to be back at the gym soon too. I dont think i've been in almost two weeks now! shockshockshockshock It will certainly be a killer tho! Will try for tomorrow but should hopefully be able to go on Sunday morning, providing I think i am better by then!

How are you doing Twink? Are you staying strong?

Glad you are liking MFP Samnella. DP has recently joined it too and he now cannot believe how expensive some things are in calories! It's really helped him understand where we went wrong with out eating and he is now very careful about what we both eat.

Hope you're back to normal soon RGPargy!

Samnella Sat 06-Apr-13 10:34:54

I am due to weigh in tomorrow and not expecting any great shakes as I have had a disastrous week with birthdays and meals out. Then yesterday I made the mistake of not logging before I ate. I then totted everything up at about 4 and realised I only had 180 cals left so skipped dinner and later ate half an Easter egg as I was so hungry and too tired to prepare anything healthy. Lots of "lessons learnt"as they like to say on the news.Arrrrrrrrrrrr.

I need tips for success please. Being organised and not eating easter eggs are probably a good start.

Better to have a light dinner of 200 cals, tin of soup perhaps than Easter egg but the fact that you're learning is all part of it smile

jchocchip Mon 08-Apr-13 08:47:05

Marking place smile

<Slopes guiltily back in>

Hello. I am Mackerel. Last year I lost 3 stone on MFP, but I have manged to put on 10lbs this year. I am bursting out of all my lovely new size 10 clothes and feel hefty and I am Not Impressed.

I hereby chastise myself publicly. It's almost a year now since I started on MFP and I would like to lose, I think, 2 stone.

I eat well in the week, I rarely go over 1200 cals, but at the weekend I have everything - takeaways, alcohol, chocolate, ice cream, crisps - and I was kidding myself for ages that this was fine, but I just cancel out all my hard work during the week, and then some.

So yes. I am beginning again, and would love to get this 10lbs off by the end of the month. I have joined a weekly dance class but they're having a 4-week break ATM. Might get my roller blades on again too if the weather stays mild.

RGPargy Mon 08-Apr-13 12:26:54

Welcome back mackeral! smile

Back to the gym today thankfully. Can't believe I've not been for about 2 weeks!!

Well done MackerelOfFact, 10lb is not a total disaster! Could be like me and cling on to mfp despite not gaining for 8 months!!

awaywego1 Mon 08-Apr-13 18:58:20

Hello! Have been lurking but failed to post until now smile
Am using mfp-wanting to lose around 10 pounds. Am ok at calorie counting having done it a few years ago and have maintained mostly but still have that stubborn half stone to go. Just wondering if I could add some of you as friends just to get some ideas about what other people are eating as I'm bloody starving at the moment-am only 5.2 so have to stick to 1200 to get any movement but am thinking I could be using my cals better some days-problem being I have to have something sweet after my meals which adds up even if its only fruit.
Thanks for all the inspiration so far-it's really helpful to see how other people are doing. grin

awaywego1 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:04:56

Ps. Same username for me as here

twinkle183 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:16:52

Well hi all, am off to the isle of arran tomorrow for two weeks for a work placement and I can't wait... Am hoping that I am able to get some marathon training done while away cos this marathon is not going to run itself... smilehmm!!

Well done to all the losses unfortunately I have managed to put on weight thanks to totm confused!! I always carry water weight around this time...... So will weigh tomorrow for a new starting point... Not expecting anything as I have been rubbish this week as my best friend was up from Plymouth hasn't seen her for 5 years that shouldn't be an excuse for eating crap! We had a lovely time but ate too much and drank way too much lovely cider....

Fingers crossed I am able to turn it around now I have NO distractions!!! Yay x

twinkle183 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:18:03

Oh and welcome to newbies the girls/guys are great support on this thread... Pls add me my mfp name is the same as the one on here! X

Hi away we go, I'll add you when I get on the laptop. Mini milks are good for after meal snacks, only 30 cals. Or make your own ice lollies with sugar free squash.

Hi RGPargy and cinnamongreyhound - great to see you both still here and still on the wagon! Thanks for the encouragement - I know 10lbs isn't the end of the world, I keep telling myself that I'm still heaps better off than this time last year - but that doesn't stop me being disheartened that my new lovely clothes now look crap on!

Welcome awaywego1, I am 5ft2 too so we are in the same boat. My favoured snacks include mini milks, as Fandago suggests, but also fun-size chocolate bars, or a coffee with skimmed milk and a sugar-free syrup. Cherry tomatoes make a good snack, as do mini clementines. It's also worth bearing in mind that multipack Quavers, Skips and Wotsits are lower in cals than the 'healthy' crisp-type things like Snack-a-Jacks and the Special K ones.

I get a Graze box delivered each week and you can choose to only receive snacks under 150 cals, and some are much less (50 or so). They make a nice change - I have 2 codes for 2 free boxes, if anyone wants one! (You can cancel after the free ones!)

awaywego1 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:54:13

Thanks guys-mini milks can go on shopping list now grin
I'm a very infrequent exerciser but am going to Zumba tonight for an hour-it's sweaty but not hardcore so I've added it as low impact aerobics for 45 mins for an extra 200 cals - do you think that's ok?
A bit disheartening that I've not lost anything after a week-but af is due on Sunday so I'm hoping ill see a little loss next week.

Sounds fine awaywego1, I used to go with my friend and in an hour I burned not a lot more than I did in 30 mins running which was 300-350. I am 9 1/2st so if you're heavier you can estimate a bit more. I have a hrm so know exact calories, was a little treat I bought myself second hand from eBay and I love it!

awaywego1 Tue 09-Apr-13 17:01:01

Thanks that's great-I'm 9.7 too smile

Moneypennyf2 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:08:42

I'm on there. I've lost 8lbs so far in two and a half weeks. Same user name as on here.

F

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Apr-13 08:38:52

mini milks are only 30 cals? shock I am def getting some of those on my next shop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now