Myfitnesspal.com support thread 6!!!

(714 Posts)

A thread for all those wanting support and advice for using mfp website and app. Welcome to everyone new and those of us that have been around a while hmm

Samnella Thu 28-Mar-13 22:35:13

I am going to do a couple of exercise DVDs and incorporate more exercise. I am always so tired that's half of my problem. I must shift this weight though.

Samnella Thu 28-Mar-13 22:35:13

I am going to do a couple of exercise DVDs and incorporate more exercise. I am always so tired that's half of my problem. I must shift this weight though.

Shifting the weight will help you feel less tired! You can do it I'm sure. I've been overweight my whole life and lost 5 1/2st last year, if I can do it anyone can!

Samnella Fri 29-Mar-13 08:16:57

I am carryonslimming on MFP. I have been adding some of you as friends. I have read through the thread and am feeling really motivated. Have any of you got suggestions for recipes to include calories so I can meal plan?

Samnella Fri 29-Mar-13 09:03:58

I have answered my own question. I have found the BBC good food site and meal planned for a week ahead ; looks lovely, vege curry, enchilada's, fish cakes, pasta and a roast dinner. Yum.

The nhs befoodsmart app is good too smile

twinkle183 Fri 29-Mar-13 10:42:07

Welcome samnella!!! The girls on here are really motivating, encouraging and most importantly they don't judge you when you fall off the wagon they just pick you up, dust you off and encourage u to get back on!!

I am trying clean eating and exercising although I am not doing too good am rubbish with chocolate temptation but am doing great with the exercise side though!!!! I exercise at least 6 days a week!! Am not very active on here but am on my mfp app do feel free to add me. I am twinkle183...

Good luck on your journey remember its inches that count more than weight so measure as well as weigh!! Like cinnamon said your be a beautiful bridesmaid whatever you loosegrin.... X

Talking of inches, dh measured me for the first time and I have gained inches on all but my chest angry. I have gained 2Kg since then but everyone comments on how I'm still losing weight so I can only guess its muscle as I increased my running from 9 miles a week to 15-18 miles around the end of November. My calves are a whole inche and 1/4 bigger!!!!!

Samnella Sun 31-Mar-13 09:39:18

Morning all.

Cinnamon You would expect your calves to get bigger if you are running. I wouldn't worry about that - your waist would be different grin but your claves make sense. I am going to do my measurements today.

I was going to start yesterday but ended up scoffing loads of chocolate blush so today is the day. Poached egg on toast so far. I am going to plan out my meals for the rest of the day. We only have bits and bobs in as I have shopping being delivered tomorrow and have meal planned for the week. I went to see The Lion King yesterday in London. Absolutely brilliant. We are up there again today for a day out which will be lots of walking. I am going to do an exercise DVD this morning. Have a good day everyone.

Samnella Sun 31-Mar-13 09:39:58

Or calves not claves wink

Samnella Sun 31-Mar-13 11:13:07

Do you all eat your exercise calories? I am somewhat shock that MFP adds them on to your allowance. Surely I am exercising to burn calories.

It's not just my calves, they are just the biggest increase. Just trying to say that exercise does make a difference to inches. I'm happy with how I am at the moment. I tend not to but I know others who believe it's best to eat some, up to you see how it works for you smile

Dizzydora71 Sun 31-Mar-13 14:49:29

Hi everyone welcome all newbies . I've weighed in today and lost 4lbs so in 12 weeks I've lost 32.5lbs .im feeling very motivated. Feel free to add me on Mfp same username as on here. Good luck and keep going everyone xxx

twinkle183 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:50:40

My goodness dizzy that's awesome!! Well done wink am well jel!!! Wish you could bottle what you have and sell it to me....

Have decided to start a fresh after a disastrous food Easter weekend where I have stuffed myself stupid hmm! I only have myself to blame... Should no when to say no I break like a soggy kit kat! I need to work on my strength on saying "Do I need that?" Anyone else been through this??

DoubleMum Mon 01-Apr-13 09:56:27

Yes Twinkle I've had a disastrous weekend too, although no chocolate funnily enough. I'm off on holiday soon so it's only going to get worse, but I'm going to try to balance having a good holiday with eating healthily and waking more as I don't want to put it all back on.

RGPargy Tue 02-Apr-13 07:53:32

Hellooooooo!! I'm still here on mfp but hardly here on MN lately blush

Please feel free to add me on mfp - same name as here. I will try and be more active on here...... blush smile

How's it going with your nutritionist diet RGPargy? Interested in how you're coping without sugar!

RGPargy Tue 02-Apr-13 11:53:54

It's going really well cinnamon. Coping without sugar just fine (except yesterday when DP and I shared an Easter egg lol). Losing loads of weight each week and loving the back to basics eating. Highly recommend it!!

Just got back from the docs about my tonsillitis and she asked me my weight, told me my BMI was quite high and told me I should think about doing some exercise. shock. I just hate presumptuous people who think that because you're fat you don't go anywhere near a gym! Ggrrr angry

Sorry, rant over! smile

RG - if only she knew.....you do loads of exercise the patronising woman!!

Am pleased to say I survived the long weekend with no chocolate binges and no weight gain so that is good.

If anyone wants any new buddies on there add me - vixen7777 smile

BambieO Tue 02-Apr-13 12:54:16

I have added everyone I have missed I think! Everyone is doing so well.

I fell off the wagon a while back but am firmly back on smile I am now 1 stone 2lb down since I started which I'm very pleased with. I have another stone to go though and my mummy tummy is still standing wobbling firm so I am going to have to boost my efforts and try to shift it, if I get to target and haven't lost it I will accept with a sigh that it's here to stay grin

I hope you told her that you were well aware of your BMI and doing something about it and that you take quadruple the amount of exercise of any normal person grin Hope your tonsils start behaving themselves soon.

Well done BettySwollocksandaCrustyRack on the chocolate!

Fab loss BambieO. Jelly belly's take a while to shift! Mine is pretty solid under the wrinkly skin but that's what being overweight your whole life does for you! Running has definitely firmed everything up all over.

BambieO Tue 02-Apr-13 15:36:26

There is hope for me then cinnamon smile I will keep going and hopefully I can join you in the firmness!

We are all doing so well, it's so nice to see everyone motivating each other. I would never have gotten this far without mumsnet and MFP

twinkle183 Tue 02-Apr-13 19:07:56

Evening ladies...

Am not doing too bad am off to do insanity in a minute eek... I am so hungry to day so gonna have some water to see if I can get rid of that!!!

Can believe she assumed you don't exercise... How rude talk about judging a book by a cover?? I bet your fitter than her!! Ooof people make me mad huh.... X

Keep going ladies.. Welcome to all the newbies feel free to add me my name is the same on here!! wink

Hello all, newbie here can I join you all? I'm resorting to drastic measures grin. I had a baby in dec and had GD so actually weighed less after than before pregnancy (10 st 9 at 5'3"). Christmas and beyond were just a calorie laden blur and I put on another 1/2 stone. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in 6weeks and something must be done!

Please add me my username is rachierach48 and I need the public shame to keep me on the straight and narrow. I get a stupidly low no of cals as am short so planning on bumping it up with long walks with pram if it ever stops snowing.

BambieO Tue 02-Apr-13 21:34:13

I just added you smile welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now