5:2 - What do you eat on your fast days for breakfast, lunch and dinner (newbie here!)

(7 Posts)
mummatotwo Mon 11-Feb-13 11:03:35

Im thinking of giving this ago as it appeals Ive never, ever counting cals before. Every time I go to look what I could eat on the fast days Im way over I cant see how you can split the 600 cals between breakfast, lunch and dinner.

so what do you eat throughout the day on your fast days?

rockybambi Mon 11-Feb-13 13:25:58

hi in answer to your question i read somewhere you should eat on Fast day 1, breakfast = 2 scrambled eggs and 1 slice of ham, lunch/tea 100gm skinless chicken breast, 150gm new potatoes, 100gm broccoli, Fast Day 2 breakfast, 100gm cooked smoked haddock, 50gm wholegrain rice, 1 spring onion, lunch/tea 100gm filet steak, 100gm wild rocket, 100gm carrots. Lots of water and lots of herbal teas.

mistlethrush Mon 11-Feb-13 13:33:23

I have a very small amount of porridge (made with water) for breakfast. I'm now generally skipping lunch (although I had been making broth with about 6 button mushrooms, some ginger and chilli, perhaps a clove of garlic, a piece of lemongrass, stockpowder - add a bit of water and microwave until the mushrooms are cooked, then add a decent amount of boiling water plus a bit of soy sauce to taste). Then I have a veg based supper with a bit of protein (eg large stir fry with some tofu, or something with a couple of eggs). My '2' are never back to back.

lurkingfromhome Mon 11-Feb-13 14:07:52

I have fruit for breakfast (but I try to stave off breakfast for as long as possible as I find that eating wakes up the appetite!), then lunch & dinner vary a bit. I started out having salad for one meal and soup for another but find that I feel more full when I have hot food twice a day. I usually have soup for dinner as it feels more like a proper meal and fills me up enough that I don't think about food again for the rest of the night. Lunch is either a small slice of wholegrain toast and a boiled egg, a couple of big mushrooms stuffed with ratatouille, or something else veg-based I can cobbler together from what's in the fridge. My worst time for hunger is around 5pm, I find. I usually have a hot drink of a teaspoon of marigold veg stock (the low-salt version) in boiling water just to keep me going. On good days, I find I have 50 calories to spare so I'll have a small square of Green and Black's 85% chocolate.

GiraffesEatPineapples Mon 11-Feb-13 14:15:34

Today I have had tea coffee and a skinny latte, brisk walk (to shops), half an apple, shred dvd, half an apple and water. I am planning planning to have salmon and roasted veg at dinner time but may have half a pot of fresh soup (these are often around 100 cals look for skinny ones) if I do I will be over 500 cals but I am nearly 12 stone so I think thats ok.

GiraffesEatPineapples Mon 11-Feb-13 14:16:52

the soup was in addition to the salmon and veg btw

BsshBossh Mon 11-Feb-13 20:08:29

I save my 500 cals for the evening meal with DH as I find that eating earlier trips my hunger switch and then I need to eat more. So throughout the day I alternate water with hot herbal teas (liquorice is my favourite as it's quite moreish). At night I then have my 500 cal meal - I find vegetable curries the best - more bang for my buck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now