Lost weight & nobody's noticed!!

(15 Posts)
DisappointedHorse Tue 12-Feb-13 22:42:03

Well done by the way smile

DisappointedHorse Tue 12-Feb-13 22:41:00

I lost over 3st before anyone noticed.

Then all of a sudden they did and within a very short space of time were telling me not to lose too much and I was too skinny!

directoroflegacy Tue 12-Feb-13 22:37:02

well done guitar girl!
Am the same weight as you too-we'll get there!

Guitargirl Tue 12-Feb-13 16:12:45

OP - I know how you feel.

I am 5 foot 4 and at my heaviest last year I weighed 14 stone 10. I am now 12 stone 6. I had confided in a family member when at my heaviest how unhappy I was about being so overweight. I met up with him over the weekend and haven't seen him for ages. He totally hadn't realised that I had lost any weight and even asked me if I was still so depressed about my weight!

But it's not all his fault, I am still after all 2 stones off a healthy BMI and 3 stones off where I want to be.

I have lost weight before and I remember that it was at around the 11 stone mark that people started to really notice and make nice comments.

Alligatorpie Mon 11-Feb-13 11:09:03

I am embarrased to say that i went for coffee today with a friend who told me she has lost 5 kgs. In my defense, she was wearing an abaya, but still it was embarrassing.

Rooble Mon 11-Feb-13 07:50:45

They will! It took me about 1.5 stones before people noticed - and suddenly they came thick and fast! Initially I think you just look a little different and people can't put their finger on it - but they will. My aunt (who I see once a year) spent an entire day with me before she suddenly said "oh my god. I've been trying to work out all day what was different and you've lost tonnes of weight! (Embarrassingly she was sitting and I wax standing so she was right at stomach-level).
But it definitely WILL happen. Especially when you suddenly look amaaaaazing in new clothes!

Alligatorpie Mon 11-Feb-13 06:01:55

That's frustrating. I am going to suggest with the cold weather you have been having, you are probably really wrapped up ( apologies if you are not in the UK), i bet once you start wearing different clothes and less layers they eill notice.

I once worked with a woman who lost 50 lbs before any of us noticed ( she still had to lose another 100 or so) i felt terrible, but when you see people every day you dont really notice weight loss / gain.

directoroflegacy Sun 10-Feb-13 22:05:56

Redandyellow well done! It IS a bit disheartening though.
Have you noticed in the mirror you must have! And yr DH?

redandyellowbits Sun 10-Feb-13 20:59:03

Ugh I have the same issue!
I'm 5'2, was 12st5 (just had a baB6), and I am now 10st10.

I've lost 24lb and not a single person has noticed. Friends came for dinner today, not seen me since I started dieting, and the topic of baby weight came up... still no comments, its just not been noticed sad I'm gutted.

You have my sympathy OP.

directoroflegacy Sun 10-Feb-13 20:57:12

Actually thinking about it I am wearing the same clothes!
I still have a way to go so it'd be silly to get disheartened like this.
I have noticed and that is the main thing!!

RubyrooUK Sun 10-Feb-13 20:53:39

I might have noticed your weight loss but probably wouldn't comment unless you brought it up first.

I'd worry that I was somehow implying you'd looked fat before or been unhappy with your looks.

So perhaps people are just being polite or unsure how to mention it in case they say the wrong thing?

pennygallops Sun 10-Feb-13 20:52:13

That is some good weight lose you have going there - well done! If you are wearing the same clothes, they might be hiding the fact that you have lost weight.

Luckyluckyme Sun 10-Feb-13 20:49:30

Congrats btw grin

Luckyluckyme Sun 10-Feb-13 20:48:33

They're probably jealous or maybe they are not sure if they should mention it smile

directoroflegacy Sun 10-Feb-13 20:43:18

Just want to rant a bit (& am losing weight for myself NOT for attention but still....)
or does it mean was so fat to begin with it is unnoticeable!!

Am 5 ft 7"
Was 13,8 (January 1st)
Now 12,6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now