Why haven't I lost any weight?

(10 Posts)
porridgewithalmondmilk Sun 10-Feb-13 18:20:50

I haven't lost anything in a week, despite being on a very low calorie diet (lighter life) and I'm mystified as to why ... Any ideas? confused

It'll all come off next week!! smile Post in a week and let us know - just don't give up. This happened to me in my first week of Slimming World an age ago, first week put on 1/2lb second week lost 6 1/2lb grin Never give up hope!

porridgewithalmondmilk Sun 10-Feb-13 18:36:40

I don't know blondie - I wish I could share your optimism, but it's very strange. I mean, I'm eating less than 600 calories a day and have stuck to it absolutely stringently. I've done a VLCD before (Cambridge) and it came off pretty easily then ... not sure why it won't now confused It's cost so much money as well, I feel like crying to be honest!

Earlybird Sun 10-Feb-13 18:40:55

Are you really eating only 600 calories a day? That is a miniscule amount, and I'd be amazed at any diet that would suggest such low numbers. There is no way it could be good for your health.

Please reassure me this is heavily supervised?

porridgewithalmondmilk Sun 10-Feb-13 18:57:47

Lighter Life:

http://www.lighterlife.com/?gclid=CLTYi9a1rLUCFa_MtAodbh4AFQ

Earlybird - Cambridge is slightly less in fact. It certainly doesn't harm your health, but it is far too expensive to stick to if it isn't going to work and I am absolutely lost as to why it isn't working confused

WiseKneeHair Sun 10-Feb-13 18:59:59

But it will be harming your health. Your body will be going into starvation mode and keeping hold of any fat it can.

porridgewithalmondmilk Sun 10-Feb-13 19:05:33

Well, it never has before! grin

Seriously, Lighter Life (which I have not done before) and Cambridge (which I have) are very low calorie diets with meal replacement packs rather than actual 'food.' Lighter Life is more expensive than the latter because it offers group support/counselling but to be honest I decided to go with this as I can't face Cambridge (I don't like the way the products taste any more.)

Cambridge has always worked just fine before - stuck to it, lost weight. Thus far however, Lighter Life isn't.

What I am wondering is if anyone else has experienced this. I don't know if it's something in the products disagreeing with me or if my metabolism is just all over the show - bemused and pretty upset.

If it has worked before, why are you doing it again?

porridgewithalmondmilk Sun 10-Feb-13 19:40:05

Travel - I did Cambridge before smile I said that this was a different diet but with basically the same principles.

I am doing it again because I did Cambridge in 2003 - things change grin I am assuming that what you're getting at is that if it had worked the first time, I wouldn't need to go back on it but it is pretty common to regain weight after a diet especially nine years down the line.

I've decided to stick with it until the end of this month and review the situation then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now