Week 5 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - We Reach the Halfway Point!

(703 Posts)
BIWI Mon 04-Feb-13 09:46:15

Sorry for the late start to this thread. I had an appointment at my gym for an induction this morning.

If you haven't already, put yourself on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Good luck for the week!

BIWI Mon 11-Feb-13 13:16:02

I refer you to my big stick-waving week 6 chat thread, cat ...
grin

catinboots Mon 11-Feb-13 13:13:31

STS

Bastarding chinese

BlackAffronted Mon 11-Feb-13 09:12:58

Thanks guys. I am sticking with it right to the end of bootcamp, weight loss or no weightloss. Will review my options tyhen, but not before! smile

Thanks for the article, will have a read of that. Going to keep up the fat, despite my concious yelling at me, as I made some lovely crackling yesterday, to nibble on :D

Muscles are a teeny bit stiff today. Zumba again tonight, so that should ease it off!

Well done to the losers, I am jealous smile

BIWI Mon 11-Feb-13 08:40:58

Week 6 chat thread and waving of big stick is here

Yama Mon 11-Feb-13 08:33:56

Well, well, well - 0.75 of a lb on after my boozy, carby weekend away with the girls. I guess it will hit me in a couple of days.

The stomach cramps I had last night were worse that the weight put on. I'm so glad I don't have to eat carbs in my normal life. I'm so glad dh is on board too. I say on board but he started it as he wanted to get rid of candida.

Actually, my parents are reducing their carbs. My Dad text me the other day asking how to make cauliflower rice. Seeing food for what it is and what it does to us is really catching.

x-post with biwi

blackaffronted, with the zumba it's entirely possible that that level of exercise will have caused you to stay the same - any time i start a new type of exercise, or push myself particularly hard physically in an established exercise, i often gain a couple of pounds minimum. i don't know whether it's water retention or what, but it's certainly de-motivating when it comes to exercise!

if that is the case for you, then i would expect a whoosh over the next week or so

BIWI Mon 11-Feb-13 08:30:33

BlackAffronted - just one thing that occurs to me - although you survived your Zumbathon (well done for that!), it is actually a pretty stressful thing to put your body through. This can result in inflammation, which impedes weight loss.

This, too, is hormonal - stress hormones such as cortisol are involved here.

Keep on keeping on. Drink plenty of water and don't cut down/out the fat!

EwanHoozami Mon 11-Feb-13 08:30:26

teddy that's marvellous thanks

Black congrats on the zumbathon. Don't be glum! You're doing wonderful things for your health. I like the way that Mark from MDA writes about fat intake. this is a good article and there's another great one somewhere about how many essential nutrients are only contained in fat.

I'm an STS this week. I'm not far from my two-stones-off goal and I know it won't be easy shifting the last few pounds but I'm going to ditch the sweeteners (I've been BAD letting them creep back in) and monitor the snackage.

GinotPrigio Mon 11-Feb-13 08:25:20

I am down 1lb this morning. Wasn't expecting that given my wine-fest at the weekend. I have a dress fitting on Thursday week so I am sticking to strict bootcamp until then to try to drop a few more pounds. Come on fat, melt thee away!

captainmummy Mon 11-Feb-13 08:20:53

Herecomesthesun - you are eating a lot of berries! ANd blackbean sauce wil have a lot of sugar in it (all chinese sauces seem to) and you've had carby veg - sugarsnaps,carrots. It all adds up.
Well doneto all losers - and try-ers!

Jacaqueen Mon 11-Feb-13 08:15:37

STS for me this week. Hardly surprising after the amount of wine I have had lately. I may weight again tomorrow just incase the whoosh fairy is lurking. I will update the spreadsheet then.

I appear to be a pound on, however I havent been to the loo yet blush and Im planning on walking into town and black today so that should help get it back off! grin

Sorry black cross-posted with you so didn't see your posts. It sounds like your hormones have been all over the place - stick with it and it will work, even though no it is not at all fair after all your hard work, you have done so brilliantly and I'm sure just like ilovemyteddy it will come right before long.

Morning all and welcome to twinkle - sorry posted and ran last night. And yes hope your back is feeling better lavenderbriggs.

Am a pound and a half down Officially, so still not quite at target now but am happy with that. Off on holiday on Friday so will not be here for next week's but will be enjoying the wine holiday and just aiming to STS if possible. Then back to ultra strict Bootcamp after that with aim of being properly at my target by my birthday (10th March).

BlackAffronted Mon 11-Feb-13 07:47:26

Despite all the reading I have done on LC, my head is screaming at me to cut out the fat! Argh sad

BlackAffronted Mon 11-Feb-13 07:23:05

No weightloss again sad Im no longer bleeding, or constipated and I did the Zumbathon, and I dont even get a pound for it. How is that even fair? sad Oh well, will just keep plodding on.

herecomesthsun Mon 11-Feb-13 07:11:32

yesterday

B eggs/ Boursin,
ff yoghurt, 6 blackberries
coffee

L prawn stir fry, black bean sauce, courgettes in ribbons for noodle substitute
yoghurt, 6 raspberries

snack celery/ boursin

S roast pork leeks broccoli sugar snap peas carrots
erm ff yoghurt berries

Ilovemyteddy Mon 11-Feb-13 07:07:40

Down to 152lbs which is my lowest weight for years. To all of you that are struggling just keep at it. I've been doing this WOE for thirteen months now and if you don't cheat the weight WILL come off. You just need to find what is the right amount of carbs for you, and get the balance right between fat, protein and good carbs that suits you. I stalled in weeks 3-5 but have lost steadily ever since (with the odd bad week).

Good luck with you weigh-ins and keep the faith!

sybilfaulty Mon 11-Feb-13 07:00:52

0.5lbs off for me this week which is nothing short of miraculous given how much I ate on Saturday. All lovely LC food but too much as was hungover.

I really need a strict week of LC and NO WINE to make a proper dent.

Good luck to everyone weighing today.

herecomesthsun Mon 11-Feb-13 06:59:46

I note that I seem to be stuck! at 80kg. Mind you, I have lost a good stone and a half since November, so it's not too bad. And trying to make go back-to-work arrangements has been stressful. So I have been comforting myself with Greek yoghurt and berries. Everyone says how well I look. Oh, water, I think it might be easier to down litres of water when I am static at work and not wrestling with dd!

herecomesthsun Mon 11-Feb-13 06:51:35

for gravy I have put some double cream in the roasting pan and stirred it into the juices/residue from the roast.

hazchem Mon 11-Feb-13 02:01:53

Well I'm probably going to fill the last page with indulgent complaining!
After a stellar week 2 weeks ago. I have put on 2 weeks running. So am back about 6 pounds!
There is a possibility that the scales aren't very accurate because the floor is a bit uneven but that feels like such a lame excuses.

Looking back over my food diary I'm not a hundred percent sure where I have gone wrong.
Somethings I've noticed:
After quite a few meals I have felt nausea and wonder if I could be eating too much fat as it's nausea and not full if that makes sense.
I've eaten flaxseed bread 3 times ( but had to make it with LSA mix) this week.
I'm having apprx 600 ml of cream a week in coffees or add to yogurt.
I've stopped having an evening yogurt as I think might be having too much dairy.
Having loads of water.

Any advice ? I think I better start having someone check my meals!

B) Black coffee with coconut milk, 2 1/2 eggs scrambled with feta in coconut oil. big pile of lettuce and rocket on the side with olive oil
L) Salad with lettuce, toms, cucumber, feta and avocado, olive oil, herbal tea
That is so far.

Sorry I haven't caught up with the thread properly and this is so epic.

Valdeeves Mon 11-Feb-13 00:04:11

Btw - hope you are feeling in less pain now Lavender.

Bessie123 Sun 10-Feb-13 23:06:24

lavenderbriggs I am also in Hackney.

I accidentally had a carby birthday weekend. I had just started feeling like I was losing as well. Never mind, I will try to lose for next week instead. Onwards and downwards...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now