Week 5 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - We Reach the Halfway Point!

(703 Posts)
BIWI Mon 04-Feb-13 09:46:15

Sorry for the late start to this thread. I had an appointment at my gym for an induction this morning.

If you haven't already, put yourself on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Good luck for the week!

LavenderBriggs Sun 10-Feb-13 09:44:59

Surrey is very well represented on this thread. I'm starting to feel a bit lonely up here in Hackney. Any other Hackney Low-Carbers? And Val, if you want to hear swearing in the South of England, pop up to Hackney for the day grin

I got pushed off the wagon. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and had a big pain flare-up. My back went into a massive spasm and while I was rolling around the bed in agony DH fetched me a glass of sherry (trying anything to relax the muscle). So, I've had a glass of sherry. And codeine - that will er...slow things down.

Pain has calmed down a bit this morning, so I made almond and cocoa pancakes for breakfast. DH has put some beef cheeks in the slow cooker, so I don't have to worry about dinner. Will drink loads of water and try and wince my way back on to the wagon.

Doshusallie Sun 10-Feb-13 09:46:32

I fucking swear fucking LOADS!!!!

thenightsky Sun 10-Feb-13 10:10:38

The Big Question... BBC1 now.... interesting discussion about how fat is NOT the enemy, but sugar is.

Does anyone know of a LC Thai curry paste? The one usually use is about 27g per 100 sad

Ruprekt Sun 10-Feb-13 10:32:17

Ooh Val I am from NW too and now in SE!

Where are you all from exactly?

Am cross today as I cannot get back down to 179lb. I am 184lb this morning.

What shall I do?

AuntieMaggie Sun 10-Feb-13 10:49:15

I've stayed the same the past couple of weeks (which is fine with me as being ill and having my birthday meant I didn't LC 100%) and now I'm really struggling to get started again. I know once I get past a week of sticking to it it'll be much easier but I need someone to kick me up the arse please and tell me how to get motivated.

ToomuchWaternotWine Sun 10-Feb-13 10:53:48

Get well soon gless and anyone else feeling poorly. Off to read thread now while I enjoy my scrambled eggs.

NoveltySlippers Sun 10-Feb-13 11:01:49

Val/Rup

I live in Merseyside now; moved here with my job. Was just getting used to asking for a 'barm' when I wanted a bread roll, but of course now I'm LCing, I don't have to! grin

NoveltySlippers Sun 10-Feb-13 11:03:03

BIWI - loving that diagram! It is sooo getting printed!

ToomuchWaternotWine Sun 10-Feb-13 11:06:44

Right, caught up on thread!

black massive WELL DONE on completing the zumba thon and out-funking the skinny Minnie's!! I will try again to sponsor in a min. Maybe try on pic upstairs as it took ages on the ipad and failed.

biwi yep great pic. Will try to print it off and stick on the "treat" cupboard!

I was born and raised in the NE of scotland, went away to lots of different places for 20 years and somehow ended up back here, raising my son in the motherland. I swear like a sailor when Ds isn't around (but blame that on having spent time in Glasgow and having a Weegie for a husband, heehee, although probably more to do with spending a few years in a very male dominated industry and keeping the lads in check) I also have a penchant for the Irish feck and the French merde from time to time. I was also taught a couple of crackers in Arabic but have no idea how to spell them out for you! excellent for PA muttering in the supermarket tho. I am a connoisseur of swearing!! (Should I add that to my cv?)

NellVarnish Sun 10-Feb-13 11:07:05

And me Auntie. hmm I'm on my phone and can't see if that's a wee scunnered face or not, but scunnered I am.

I seem to have forgotten how to do it.

<wails>

AuntieMaggie Sun 10-Feb-13 11:07:12

bulletwithbutterflywings can you make your own?

Lavendersbluedillydilly1969 Sun 10-Feb-13 11:07:24

OMG - haven't read thread yet but need to post this and get a serious thwacking with Biwis big stick!
I fell off the wagon seriously last Wednesday. Just had enough of the snidey remarks from DH (who has never really managed to master low carb) and DC constantly checking what I'm eating and talking about faddy diets etc and how it's not fair I don't eat the same as them etc.
So I thought sod it, I've lost enough weight, maybe I'll just stop and see how it goes.
Well, I'd forgotten how food can take over your life. I've been low carbing without any real problem for 4 months but eating sugar etc had such a negative effect immediately.
Once I started I couldn't stop, picking all day long on toast, biscuits, chocolate in fact you name it I've eaten it in the last few days. I weighed in at 10 4lbs this morning and just thought enough is enough.
It's a fact - eating bready carbs and sugar does not do me any good. I have had tummy ache for days and diarrhoea for the last 2. My sleep has been affected, I'm falling asleep in the early evening on the sofa and I generally feel knackered.
Have just had water and a little bit of Brie today as nothing else in house but already feeling happier. I am firmly back on the low carb bus. It's not about losing weight really anymore (though need to lose the half stone I've put on in 4 days), its about feeling healthier and having more energy.
Thank you for reading this mega post.

ToomuchWaternotWine Sun 10-Feb-13 11:09:06

auntiemaggie GET BACK ON THE FECKING WAGON! YOU KNOW YOU WILL FEEL BETTER SO JUST FECKIN DO IT! AND DRINK WATER !!

There, that's your starter for 10 in the arse kicking stakes, <waits for biwi>

NoveltySlippers Sun 10-Feb-13 11:19:06

Ahh.....Lavendersblue - you were our biggest loser weren't you?

Am sure BIWI will be along with her big stick, but sending my 'don't give up' message! (Glad to see you've decided not to, but just sending encouragement.)

You've done so amazingly well. I'm sorry to hear DH not been supportive. 'Scuse my cod psychology, but do you think some of it might be jealousy and/or fear of you 'changing'?

(I only say this as I had a friend once who wanted her DP to stay big, so that other women were less likely to pinch him - true!)

But regardless, you're doing so bloody well. Ignore the remarks and keep doing what makes you feel and look good - for you!

NellVarnish Sun 10-Feb-13 11:29:08

BIWI thanks for that info graphic - will be printing that out. The Running Carrot website it came from is an interesting read - will cosy up under a blanket with a bottle of water (not quite the same as a hot chocolate!) and have a read and try and motivate myself.

I need a giant kick up the bahookie.

grin

Morning all and a huge very very very well done to Black! thanks

Have a very sore head today - drank at least a bottle of wine last night, ouch. Best friend's fortieth and got carried away as in such a happy mood. Now guzzling berocca and hoping that my weight tomorrow won't be too badly affected, but hey, at least I still got into that dress yesterday!

Good luck auntiemaggie and lavender with getting back on the wagon.

Well done blackaffronted (you loon!)

AuntieMaggie Sun 10-Feb-13 12:17:31

Thanks Toomuch grin

BlackAffronted Sun 10-Feb-13 12:24:19

Thanks you so much Choos, MrsH, Kiriwawa, Gless & Biwi, your donations have really boosted my sponsorship money! Cant thank you guys enough xxx

BIWI Sun 10-Feb-13 12:25:20

Well, well, well. Where shall I start first with my big stick?!

Lavender - don't beat yourself up about it. You have, actually, made the most useful discovery. That carbs don't agree with you. grin

Ruprekt - are you absolutely sure that you are following Bootcamp (or Bootcamp Light) rules to the letter? Be really honest with yourself. It's very easy to allow carb creep to happen! If you are, then just keep on keeping on and stop stressing about it. The weight will disappear.

NoveltySlippers Sun 10-Feb-13 12:26:46

Black I'm really sorry, I tried to sponsor you too, but my iPad is all kinds of annoying and it didn't seem to work. Will try again!

Can you post link again?

NoveltySlippers Sun 10-Feb-13 12:32:46

Lavenderbriggs. Sorry just saw your post. Sorry about your pain - hope it's calming down. Sounds horrid.

BlackAffronted Sun 10-Feb-13 12:33:50

sponsor page Thanks Slippers smile

Ruprekt Sun 10-Feb-13 12:40:44

Well, no bread, pasta, cake, sugar, alcohol of any sort at all.

Am still dry from Dry January!!

Wonder if I should cut back on dairy a bit. I had introduced blueberries - just 25g per portion at night with yoghurt.

And I had not noticed double cream was to be only 2-3 tbsp per day and maybe I was not drinking enough water. Could that be it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now