Week 5 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - We Reach the Halfway Point!

(703 Posts)
BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 04-Feb-13 09:46:15

Sorry for the late start to this thread. I had an appointment at my gym for an induction this morning.

If you haven't already, put yourself on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Good luck for the week!

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 04-Feb-13 09:56:08

Morning smile

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 04-Feb-13 09:56:56

Morning!

sorry for extreme tardiness with this:

Biggest loser of the week: Hazchem
Biggest loser so far: lavendersbluedillydilly1969
Biggest %age loser so far: lavendersbluedillydilly1969

<wild applause>

Iamaslummymummy Mon 04-Feb-13 10:04:51

Morning!

Yesterday.
B yogurt, cream and peanut butter
L mushrooms cooked in garlic butter mixed with boursin
D roast lamb, celeriac roasties, Kale and chorizo and little bit of sweet corn.(stick wielding OK)
S peanut butter fudge made from cream cheese, peanut butter and splenda (him) smile

B this morning flax mixed with hot water and cream. Surprisingly good

Going to weigh on Wednesday. After dulcolax!

Iamaslummymummy Mon 04-Feb-13 10:05:22

Well done top losers!

NoveltySlippers Mon 04-Feb-13 10:06:26

Seconding the wild applause. Well done ladies!

And now for my walk of shame....

Shocking, shocking THREE pound GAIN.

If anyone saw my post yesterday, this is what happens when you start the day off with toast and marmalade, then proceed to fall off the wagon for the rest of the day.

I am a bit shocked, as I gained this three pounds literally in 24 hours shock during my mum's visit.

Serve me right.

<dons hair shirt, self flagellates>

LavenderBriggs Mon 04-Feb-13 10:12:35

<joins in applause>

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow after weekend of painkillers and two chocolates. I'm jumping back onto wagon with loads of energy and enthusiasm.

PlatoonBuffoon Mon 04-Feb-13 10:20:48

Stay the same for me. Arse.

novelty can I borrow your hair shirt when you're done please?

Did have a surprise post breakfast poo, so am tempted to weigh myself again tomorrow.

Dragging my lardy backside out running now.

PlatoonBuffoon Mon 04-Feb-13 10:21:40

Oh and joining in the applause as well as the self flagellation. Well done ladies!

NoveltySlippers Mon 04-Feb-13 10:28:56

<removes hair shirt>

<hands to Platoon>

prettybird Mon 04-Feb-13 10:42:25

2lb off this week for me, so that's a stone since 7 January smile

Anaisa Mon 04-Feb-13 10:45:41

Stayed the same this week (or if I am being really pedantic, gained smth like 0.3lb) - and that's without cheating. Dread to think what would happen if I was to cheat.

I am thinking maybe I need to cut out dairy all together. If I don't lose anything this coming week might try cutting out or at least reducing yogurts/ricotta that I have been eating.

Invested in some fairly expensive chinese jasmine tea ordered online from a fancy tea shop. It was smth like £10 for 100g but so worth it. Makes a really nice eavening treat.

thenightsky Mon 04-Feb-13 10:48:32

Marks place on shiney new thread.

1lb off for me. I was going to eat a chocolate mint last night which I found lurking in the bottom of the fridge, left over from xmas, but I forgot.

Wish I could poo - dreamt about pooing last night blush I'm sure my food is all stacking up inside me sad Sorry about the TMI.

BlackAffronted Mon 04-Feb-13 10:53:22

After 2 days, I have started spotting again sad wish it would just end.

A friend asked this morning how my weigh in went, told her Id gained, and that ive basically stayedthe same now for 3 weeks and she said "its not really working fr you is it?" andnow I feel crap sad I had no come back.

If it wasnt for the health benefits I have got from this, I think I would be caving in about now.

Well done to all the losers smile

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 04-Feb-13 10:53:48

Anaisa - don't forget we've just been in the 'difficult' weeks, so not necessarily that you are doing anything 'wrong'. Give it another week and see what happens.

I didn't weigh this morning because I forgot in my hurry to get to the gym. But looking at myself I doubt I've lost anything this week. Will see ...

PennyHofstadter Mon 04-Feb-13 10:57:20

Good morning. Well done for all losses this week. I'm down to 177.5lb. I have tried adding it into the spreadsheet but I'm having to use my phone as the network is down at work (IT company, what IT company) and I think its screwed up my %'s. Can someone with better knowledge of the spreadsheet please amend for me? I'll buy you a carb free cake?!

catinboots Mon 04-Feb-13 11:05:16

Morning. 1lb off here too. Will update spreadsheet later when on laptop.

coldethyl Mon 04-Feb-13 11:20:10

Morning all. 1.75lbs off here, feeling very pleased. And can report no fainting or cramp last night, so things are looking up!

2 eggs with cheese and spinach for breakfast (can't eat eggs without cheese, they taste... eggy) and two cups of coffee with cream, but that's it on the dairy front for today.

Lunch will be cold lamb and salad (lots) and mayonnaise and dinner is courgette and leek 'pasta' with smoked salmon cooked in. Yum.

Morning smile same as last week too, but to be honest Im glad to see it 'sticking' rather than how my weights usually been - bit on, bit off, on, off etc etc Seems I stay a weight for a couple of weeks, drop a little then stay at that for a bit etc which Im happy enough with today.

B- scrambled egg with butter
L- Not sure yet, poss halloumi and salad
D - Going to attempt the stilton and celeriac soup!

prettybird Mon 04-Feb-13 11:34:49

Blackaffronted : why not stop telling people what you've lost in a week but just say, "I've lost nearly a stone in 4 weeks". It's still very impressive! smile

Be kind to yourself!

Doshusallie Mon 04-Feb-13 11:35:35

marking place.

Pretty bird that's amazing!

Morning everyone

I sort of fell by the wayside thread wise last week but had a good week food wise smile

However I stepped on the scales on Friday to be greeted with a 3 stone gain...thankfully due to faulty scales but it means I haven't been able to weigh which I'm gutted about - seeing the downward trend keeps me motivated.

So I can't update the spreadsheet ATM but will continue with the WOE.

HeyHoHereWeGo Mon 04-Feb-13 11:42:46

Could someone give me some advice please?
I am behind all of you, I've just done 2 weeks of bootcamp.
I lost 9 pounds and am thrilled, totally. I have more energy, my clothes fit better, I am enjoying the food.
My DH has a lot to lose, 2.5 stone.
He has been eating the same food as me, but has lost 8 pounds. Actually writing that down looks good, but he lost 7 pounds the first week and was thrilled and was so excited to weigh in this morning but had barely lost 1 pound this second week. He is really disappointed.

So my question - does this sound disappointing to you?
Could it be - he is eating a good bit of cheddar cheese, like 2 fingers width with every lunch
or - he finds it hard to drink a lot of water as he needs to pee constantly and his job makes it hard for him to get to the toilet. He has been getting at least 2 litres, but should be more.
Is it portion size? we've been having 3 egg breakfasts with butter, lovely big salads (chicken/ bacon and avocado, lots of spinach leaves,with italian dressing) for lunch, fab dinners, eg 1 pork chop in butter, fried mushrooms, turnip chips

Some guidance would be wonderful, thank you.
I think I wont relax into bootcamp lite til his weight loss "kicks off", I dont mind another 2 weeks of bootcamp.

(We have both used ketostix and are in ketosis, we think)

TheEarlyBird Mon 04-Feb-13 11:43:30

Jumping in to mark my place and record a (small) loss after all. Weighed myself before loo stop - amazing what a difference it can make - tmi smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now