Started the shred today, anyone want to join me for the next 29 days?

(205 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:25

That's it. Had great success in the past, starting again.

Also eating low carb.

UmBongo Fri 22-Mar-13 13:55:24

Still here, missed yesterday as was out then had a birthday cake to build. Oddly didn't fancy shredding when I had finished tidying the kitchen at midnight! It did look like an explosion in an icing sugar factory!

Hope your muscle mends and doesn't spoil your weekend Niceup. Was this event the thing that started you down this shredding path? I hope you have a good one.

I have to do level 2 day 3 tonight after birthday party soft play hell

niceupthedance Fri 22-Mar-13 10:09:19

Hey umbongo are you still in?

Nine days to go for me. Pulled a muscle in my groin today - ouch!

Well my event is tomorrow - I am pretty pleased with my progress so far. Feel really strong and generally look in better shape. I am definitely a shred fan. Will continue on monday.

Have a good weekend smile

UmBongo Wed 20-Mar-13 20:39:14

Sorry to hear of your troubles Iwish. I see your choice of name now! I am sure you are allowed to give yourself a break and not shred daily on top of everything else!

Go for small changes! Hooray for small changes!

I also have on hand a bar of Green and Blacks Maya Gold chocolate. I allow myself a square of that in emergencies as it is utterly scrummy and stops me eating a whole bar of something cheap.

Level 2 day 2 done.

We had a lovely chicken meal from the Hairy Dieters book this evening. Dh and ds both said it was very nice. grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 20-Mar-13 16:10:31

Thanks nicedance.

Things have all gone a bit wrong here to be honest. DS2's behaviour is testing to say the least (think damaging property that i have to arrange to be fixed and pay for), I have made a massive mistake at work and am facing disciplinary action, DH is working away more than ever, i have loads of things that i'm supposed to be arranging and everything is just getting on top of me so I've decided to relieve the pressure a bit by letting myself opt out of the shred.

On days when I'm feeling like I'm coping I'll keep doing it, but on days where I'm feeling overwhelmed then it's going to have to take a back seat.

I like the way that I'm seeing small changes, but even those will have to wait until life gets onto more of an even keel!

niceupthedance Wed 20-Mar-13 15:17:11

Iwish, I haven't been able to do it every day, more like in fits and spurts. I think it is still ok though, just keep at it at your own pace.

10 days to go here. I am actually enjoying level three now I have worked out how to do all the exercises. My abs are still hurting though, especially in plank position!

UmBongo Tue 19-Mar-13 22:29:58

I missed today too. I had to go out this evening and didn't manage to do it while dd was napping earlier cos I was tidying this mess of a house instead.

Will HAVE to do it tomorrow. Have to have another go at attempting the PJJ thingy.

Diet going ok, very little cake and biscuits and wine only in emergencies!0 Not allowed to weigh myself until friday. I ought to measure the bulgy bits too, so I have got something else to identify progress. My belt has gone up from hole 3 to hole 4 though already so hooray for that.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 19-Mar-13 20:21:10

The planky jumpy jack thing is nuts! I can only manage the beginners version!

I just have too much on my plate at the moment though. Squeezing this in every day just seems to be pushing me beyond at the moment and as there's nothing else that I can leave, the shred is going to have to take a beck seat for now.

I will do it on days when I have a bit of breathing space, it's not going to be as often as I'd planned though sad

UmBongo Mon 18-Mar-13 20:21:17

Level 2 done. What the heck is that planky jumpy jacky thingy?! shock I'll have to put my trainers on tomorrow - I kept slipping. (Which of course is the only reason I couldn't do it hmm )

Good luck for all of tomorrow - including the shred, Iwish.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 18-Mar-13 19:16:04

Today has just been too bad to even contemplate shredding tonight.

Tomorrow can't be any worse so will get back to it once the boys are in bed.

niceupthedance Mon 18-Mar-13 10:23:40

Go for it umbongo!

11 days to go for me (just logging for motivation)

Starting to see some real difference, 2" off my waist now grin

UmBongo Mon 18-Mar-13 10:05:52

Help! I've done 10 level ones - That means tonight is level 2! I think I am ready to go up as I no longer hurt the next day!

Bet I hurt tomorrow though. I hope it doesn't get any tougher on the knees though.

Spurred on by others ahead of me! Thank you Iwish and Niceup. smile

niceupthedance Sun 17-Mar-13 15:36:19

Ok I did another level 3, think I'm going to stay there for the rest of the 30 days, I've got 12 left.

My legs and bum are killing me. So I know it's working!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 17-Mar-13 10:29:17

Level 2 day 5 done. smile

UmBongo Sat 16-Mar-13 21:53:53

My knees are a bit sore too! But I have to carry on to lose the weight as I am still carrying 3st extra of my own plus however much dd weighs now (10.5 months. Otherwise my knees are never going to improve!

Level 1 day 9 done. Oh heck, that means I only have one more of that one and I have to go to level 2!

See you there Niceup :-)

niceupthedance Sat 16-Mar-13 12:36:50

Should have done level 2 day 8 today but the DVD went on to level 3 and I couldn't get it to go back... So I did level 3.

Tomorrow I'm going back to level 2, that's all I'm saying!

Well done to everyone hanging in there grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 15-Mar-13 20:12:49

Level 2 day 4 done.

Not sure how I'm going to fit it in over the weekend but I'll try.

Spamspamspam Thu 14-Mar-13 22:33:43

UmBongo - Surprisingly I didn't ache that much - a tiny bit across the chest and shoulders from all the planks but that's it really APART from my knees...I figure that they are not a muscle and not something to be messed with so a bit concerned about continuing too hastily. I went overboard a few years ago with exercise and buggared up my knee so badly I couldn't do anything for a month and tend to be a bit precious with it. I did do my usual 4 mile power walk and it was after that I really thought no...don't push it...

My husband did level 1 day 1 followed by an afternoon of bowling 2 weeks ago and has buggared up his knee good and proper sad so that added to my thought process (pair of old buggars emoticon needed!)

Will try again tomorrow as the head is enthusiastic....

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 14-Mar-13 21:29:23

Level 2 day 3 done and I hurt - a lot!

There's too much shoulder work for my liking in level 2

niceupthedance Thu 14-Mar-13 17:19:50

Level 2 day 7. Longest 7 days of my life!

But... I have lost 5lbs this week so that's good smile

UmBongo Thu 14-Mar-13 13:40:28

How are you today Spam? Can you move? Type? Do level 2 again?!

Just done level 1 day 7 today and feeling pleased at having kept at it for a week. I have also lost 4lb this week through an almost total cut out of biscuits and cake and crisps and sweets.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 13-Mar-13 21:57:13

Missed out today - just too tired and not enough time to squeeze it in.

Tomorrow is another day!

Spamspamspam Wed 13-Mar-13 19:05:45

Niceup - I actually did day one level 2 today shock I did my 10 days of level 1 then stupidly had mothers day off which also lead into Monday and Tuesday....gave myself a kick today and was going to level 1 for a few more days but once the DVD was in the player I pressed level 2 and got on with it...urrrmm can I tell you how I am tomorrow please grin

niceupthedance Wed 13-Mar-13 19:01:33

No shredding for me today or yesterday. I've been suffering from horrible insomnia. But I will try and get back on the case tomorrow.

How's everyone else doing?

Well I went to see a (very attractive) podiatrist armed with symptoms. He immediately asked if I'd recently had a baby. I was a little taken aback.

He said that it's very common amongst new mothers and pregnant women. We go from largely wearing heels and sitting down at work to wearing flats and walking more/pushing pushchair. This, coupled with the weight gain in pregnancy puts too much sudden pressure/stretch on the calves which can't cope and it delegates to the feet.

I was crippled getting out of bed first thing in the morning, then it would get better as I walked around.

I wasn't running at the time but haven't had any problems since. I do have very tight calves normally but have to remember to do my stretches.

I dropped back down to level 1 tonight as DH wanted to do it too but wasn't pushed nearly as hard as level 2 (although easier on the shoulders)

UmBongo Mon 11-Mar-13 20:51:36

Newpencilcase - thank you! I got it last year when dd was about 6mth old, so that sounds the same as you. Has it come back with you at all? Were you running?

Day 4 level 1 done. When do I move up? Do I aim slowly to do what the lady on the left does then move on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now