Started the shred today, anyone want to join me for the next 29 days?

(205 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:25

That's it. Had great success in the past, starting again.

Also eating low carb.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 05-Mar-13 20:21:33

Day 9 done.

My dietary intake still leaves a bit to be desired so I'm not expecting much in the way of weight loss or improved measurements but I do feel a bit fitter!

Spamspamspam Tue 05-Mar-13 20:58:15

All those who are "gaining" weight please google exercise water weight gain -I just did as getting despondent about the scales and I am only on day six but there are some excellent articles explaining this. Basically your muscles are stressed and water goes to them to help heal therefore retaining water. This can weigh easily 4lb and last 1-2 weeks and is the reason a lot of people give up exercise as they think it is making them gain weight when it's not - stick with it and I am sure we will all get a better scale reading in a week or two

Alligatorpie Wed 06-Mar-13 08:33:30

Good reminder spam - thanks for that.

Day 27 today. So close to the end!

niceupthedance Wed 06-Mar-13 09:45:03

Day 10 today, had to miss yesterday. as am in assessment period at uni and just didn't have time.

Bit disheartened that I can't see any shape changes yet... Just feel a bit stronger (and weigh more!)

Spamspamspam Wed 06-Mar-13 10:41:37

nice - I am only on day 7 and although I can't see any difference my husband can - sometimes our eyes deceive us or we are looking for too much too soon! I was 1.5lb heavier today than I was yesterday and nearly 2lbs heavier than when I first started despite eating low carb, no cheating, lots of water etc. I know it's not food and is water gain which is weird as I look a lot less bloated and all my clothes are looser.

Let's stick with it! IT WILL WORK!!

niceupthedance Wed 06-Mar-13 12:49:18

Thanks Spam, I am hoping to see it through - not finding it terribly hard now so it's just finding the time.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 06-Mar-13 22:17:36

Day 10 done today.

Reweighed and I have lost 0.9kg but that could just be time of day (I weighed morning last time and late afternoon today).

I'm a bit disappointed that my measurements haven't changed, but I do feel generally stronger so will stick at it.

Level 2 tomorrow!

Alligatorpie Thu 07-Mar-13 08:58:45

Good for you - iwish!

Day 28 today. Still can't do proper rock star jumps and tbh, I am not sure I ever will!

niceupthedance Thu 07-Mar-13 09:48:23

Well done Iwish. Good going.

Just done day 11 (3rd day on level 2) and my left knee is starting to twinge on certain moves. Have to have a day off tomorrow anyway due to exams but hope it doesn't get any worse.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 07-Mar-13 21:09:13

Slacking today. I've had a tough, emotional day at work and my period has arrived (as heavy as always) and i just don't feel up to it, especially hitting level 2! I'll do it tomorrow.

Realistically I'm not going to get it done over the weekend, so i'm going to count Monday as day 11 and hit level 2 full on from then!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 08-Mar-13 11:54:57

Cor - level 2 is tough!

UmBongo Fri 08-Mar-13 20:45:51

Hello. I have just done level one day one, my first ever shred, I would like to loose at least 2 preferably 3 stone. I have got up to week 5 on the couch to 5k before but I thought I would try this for a change for a while as I got plantar fasciatis (chuffing sore heel in English) and am worried about starting running again and being heavy and hurting myself again as dd is now crawling and I need to be able to get after her!

When do you change levels? Can I eat fruit when hungry?

Alligatorpie Sat 09-Mar-13 07:43:30

Umbongo - i wouldnt run with planter fascitiis, that sounds like my idea of hell!

Iwish - L3 is easier, keep at it.

Day 29 today! I took a day off yesterday and ate crap, so today was hard. I need to start watching my diet again, i have slipped back into some old habits.

niceupthedance Sat 09-Mar-13 12:27:07

Did level 2 day 4 today - it's getting slightly easier but the second military press after the v things kills me!

I also do bicycle crunches at the end as I don't think I'm doing the plank twist thing properly, so not much point in that.

I have got two weeks until my big reunion thing. Have adjusted my diet accordingly now too grin

Can I join? I'm on Day 5.

I've moved onto Level 2. I'm doing a wild run in 28 days time and really need to increase my fitness and strength pretty damn sharpish (there are obstacles).

But I'm wondering, is it better to be Natalie on Level 1 or the other one on Level 2? I'm not aching anywhere so I'm wondering if I'm doing it properly blush.

It's my shoulders that are my weak spot, which makes all that plank based cardio in Level 2 really hard. What weights do you all have? I have some 3 kilo ones from years ago that I can barely lift so bought myself some 1kg which are fine.

UmBongo Sat 09-Mar-13 17:43:39

Thanks Alligatorpie, it doesn't hurt any more but it did take about a month to go away so I am very wary of setting it off again. Have you had it too?

Newpencilcase - I don't have any weights so am using tins of beans! A mere 474g (how sad am I - I just weighed one!) I don't think I am going anywhere apart from the "easier" lady on level one for a bit yet though, my calf muscles have been giving me gyp today - see how tonights shred goes after I've got the kids fed and in bed.

niceupthedance Sat 09-Mar-13 19:59:11

Pencilcase, I'm just using 1kg and that seems fine for now.

UmBongo Sat 09-Mar-13 21:20:35

Day 2 done - Tick! a bit sore in the muscles as soon as I started the warm up! I will have to find some 1kg weights and put the beans back in the cupboard!

Umbongo, I had plantar fasciitis after I had DS1. Saw a podiatrist about it. It's all to do with overly tight calf muscles which put pressure on your heels.

Lots and lots of calf stretches required.

He recommended standing on step/yellow pages etc and hanging heels of the back when cleaning teeth, washing up etc.

niceupthedance Sun 10-Mar-13 10:10:52

Level 2 day 5. Really hard today. All that planking gives me heartburn hmm

Do you find it's getting easier though?

I find the squat thrusts etc really hard on my upper body so am struggling to do them without stopping.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 10-Mar-13 19:30:39

I'm struggling to get time to carry on doing this consistently. I won't get chance to have a good run on it until Thursday now. I will try to do tomorrow and Wednesday, but Tuesday just isn't going to happen. I will call tomorrow day 1 of level 2 and just do it as often as I can.

Spamspamspam Sun 10-Mar-13 19:34:30

Not sure I am ready for level 2 yet? I have done 10 days on level 1 and missed today as my knees were hurting.

I originally had 40 days until my holiday, take out a day that leaves 39 days so thinking of doing 13 days at each level (I am terrified of level 2!) Will have a think on it and decide tomorrow - see how I feel smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 10-Mar-13 20:26:50

Level 2 is a lot different to level one! It felt like a big step up, but I guess if you're trying to get beach ready then the harder it is the better you'll look!

A friend has said that level 3 is her favourite - I don't know why, probably because she's 20+ days I to it so a fair bit fitter than she was at the start, but I'm hoping that it's my favourite too!

Go for it!!

niceupthedance Sun 10-Mar-13 20:31:48

Pencilcase I find the cardio is getting easier but all the planking and shoulder presses are not getting easier at all. Think I'm going to struggle right to the end of level 2!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now