Started the shred today, anyone want to join me for the next 29 days?

(205 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:25

That's it. Had great success in the past, starting again.

Also eating low carb.

Aspiemum2 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:01:18

It's so hard to stay motivated - I used to be pretty fit but had a rough pregnancy with the twins so the most exercise I got was heaving myself up to go to the toilet!
That achy feeling doesn't last though, once you get into - I used to do Davina power of 3 pre pregnancy and never got achy,

I'm 3 stone heavier now though and working out is noticeably harder and louder

catinboots Tue 19-Feb-13 21:02:33

I'm on day2 today as well!

Wereonourway Tue 19-Feb-13 21:29:45

Bugger me that was hard!
Just done day one level one and I really struggled through the cardio, particularly the jumping jacks must buy decent sports bra
I'm kind if gutted with myself for getting like this. I'm over 13 stone(nearer 14) and heavier than I was when I was pregnant. I did deliver at 34 weeks but no excuse!
I used to play netball for my county, could easily train twice a week and play 2 or 3 games without a thought. I loved it too.
I'm trying to think positively for starting and not pessimisticly with how far I have to go

Alligatorpie Wed 20-Feb-13 09:41:17

Well done to those of you that have just started. It does get easier, just keep at it.
Day off today as i went to zumba this morning. It feels good to use some different muscles.

Bimblepops Wed 20-Feb-13 15:28:36

I seem to be developing enormous power thighs! My legs were always quite muscly (even under the extra flab) and now they are getting positively huge. Still no weight loss and now I know why - it's all turning into leg muscle. My jeans are getting tighter on my legs, whilst the waist gets looser.

Can anyone recommend any DVD's that concentrate more on fat burning, than strength? I'm enjoying the super muscles, but really need to get rid of my belly!

Did day 20, level 2 this morning, moved up to 2kg weights yesterday. Sticking with level 2 til my abs heal!

Alligatorpie Thu 21-Feb-13 07:11:40

Bimble, check the JM fan thread, i am sure someone will recommend a fat burning workout for you. And congrats on the power thighs! That is pretty impressive.

Day 17 today. Dd1 was home from school so did it alongside me, i was pretty impressed with her endurance. I am getting better too.

Yesterday i noticed my jeans didnt fit. They kept falling down, and looked awful. I am not buying anymore until i am at my goal size, but i think that pair might be headed for the charity bin.

Dumper Thu 21-Feb-13 09:55:48

I'm on day 8 level 1. The aching muscles stops after a day or 2 but I missed out yesterday and my back was killing me. My body actually feels better when I'm doing the shred every day.
Still scared of L2! I'll be on it in 2 days!

I tried 1.5 litre water bottles instead of carnation milk as weights but they were too unbalanced and made me wobbley!

I also need a more scaffolding like bra!

I already have legs like a rugby player... I need something to shift the c section kangeroo pouch!

Lickitysplit Thu 21-Feb-13 13:58:32

On day three today. I am one stone over weight with a very big tummy. I am enjoying the work out. Really hoping to see resutls. I am not on a diet, just eating better, my big weakness is wine though. Can't seem to cut that out. Is it pointless if I still drink?

The Shred has landed on my doormat! It arrived sooner than i expected so now feel i should do it......

Wish me luck Shredders! wink

I'm on day 4 of level one, along with cutting carbs and generally being healthier. Have about 4 stone to lose, mainly in my stomach! Have started the shred twice before but never got past day 4, but this time feels different. It's like the determination wasn't there before, but definitely is now! However, if I don't come back to this thread would someone like to volunteer to kick my area by pm?!

Wereonourway Thu 21-Feb-13 19:44:13

Good luck mummytowillow. I got some 2k weights today to replace my tins of beans!
I'm eating better and feeling better but want to start running/jogging.
Need some decent trainers too! Cheap ones!

Wereonourway Thu 21-Feb-13 19:45:47

Fizzy- I'd love to pm you but can't?!
I've got a similar amount to lose, mostly from my tummy too. I'm on day 3 so maybe we could spur each other on?
Feel free to pm me, I'm determined this time too x

Dumper Thu 21-Feb-13 20:07:03

Lickity I drink wine also. Surely it's not pointless. I'm just making sure I don't drink too much as then I want to pig out on crisps and stuff!
No point not exercising just because we like a glass of wine. Exercising and having a wine has gotta be healthier than not exercising and still drinking the wine.

That's odd, will have to have a look at my settings, I'm more of a lurker on here usually. It would be nice to have a shred buddy! Have you noticed any difference yet? Dp says my face looks thinner, which is nice.

How's everybody finding the aches and pains? After day 1 I felt like a big ball of hurt, which went away a bit after doing day 2. Now though, I'm finding the pain more localised, today it's my thighs and shoulder blades. Oh and my bum!

Wereonourway Thu 21-Feb-13 22:08:34

I'm only on day three and due to my weight and fitness level i really struggle, I ache so it reassures me I'm actually doing something. There are times during the cardio I have to stop for five seconds, I'm hoping by the end of this week I can power through.
I feel better, I have lost weight going by scales but I'm only 5days into diet and 3 into shred. Think i feel better at the minute just for trying.
went into greggs today for a sandwich and happily ignored the donuts!
I'm sticking to 1200(ish) calories per day and have cut out all full fat coke which I drank buckets of.
I'm hoping that and the exercise will help, I know if I see a good loss at the end of the week ill be spurred on.
Ds and I go swimming on a Friday and then I'm meeting my mum and nephew for lunch so I'm saving all of my calories tomorrow for a carvery.

I struggle a fair bit too, strangely the hardest bit of the cardio I find is the skipping! Hardest of the whole thing are push ups and bicycle crunches, but I'm not sure if that's because they're right at the end or just cos they're hard.

Diet wise, do and I are cutting carbs 5 days a week. Been doing that about 2 weeks, and in total, with the shred I've lost about 6 pounds <proud>

Enjoy your carvery btw smile

Alligatorpie Fri 22-Feb-13 07:37:59

Great to see so many people starting and sticking with the shred.

Day 18 for me today, went very well.

Just finished day5 and very proud of myself as never stuck it out past day 4 before smile

Alligatorpie Sat 23-Feb-13 08:19:32

Great job fizzy!

Day 19 today. I cannot believe my results. Last night i wore a pair of jeans that I could not do up 19 days ago. I am so motivated to keep going!

Day 6 done grin I'm very impressed with how much easier I am finding it. I can even do some proper push ups now which I found impossible at the beginning. The bicycle crunches are still my nemesis though!

TheOneWithTheNameChange Sat 23-Feb-13 11:50:12

Day one for me! Legs ache already and toddler not keen on joining in!

Jumping jacks versus pelvic floor is pretty awful!

Wereonourway Sat 23-Feb-13 11:57:40

Ok so I had a carvery, even passed on the gigantic puddings AND ate half f what I would usually eat.
I also drank water as opposed to fizzy crap.
But I felt ill, I'm not sure whether I have a by of a bug or whether my stomach had changed so much in a week but I felt really sick. Its writd to think that a werk ago i would have earn twice as much and had takeaway or pizza for supper. I will never go back to that
There's no way I could have done shred last night.
I tried some push ups and crunches and felt horrendous.
I spent half the night awake think I would be sick but feel much better today.
Had lots of veg for dinner today and drank loads and my new trainers have been delivered today.
Feel crap for missing a day but I think it would have made me more ill!
I'm reminding myself that I've not had any full fat coke for a week(this is stupendously good for me, addicted didn't cover it) and I'm kind of sticking to 1200 calories which is probably a third less, at least, than I was having before
I'm going to start jogging tomorrow, it will kill me but its free! And I'm determined!

catinboots Sat 23-Feb-13 12:05:26

I just I'd day 6 too. It's much easier already!

What is everyone doing about a rest day? Are you having one?

Should I have one after the first ten days then start level 2?

Or I was thinking of having Sunday as a rest day and resuming on Monday as day 7???

Decisions decisions

catinboots Sat 23-Feb-13 12:06:03

done not I'd

Stupid ipad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now