Started the shred today, anyone want to join me for the next 29 days?

(205 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:25

That's it. Had great success in the past, starting again.

Also eating low carb.

gracelesslady Sun 03-Feb-13 10:08:32

Me too! Had no success at all last time I did it but I'm hoping that if I pay attention to what I'm eating (more protein, less crap) it might be a bit more effective.

Off to do L1D2. Will report back smile

ILoveTIFFANY Sun 03-Feb-13 18:18:58

I'm on it too

Low carbing as well as shred... I got to day 8 and then got noro.

ILoveTIFFANY Sun 03-Feb-13 18:20:29

I'm on it too

Low carbing as well as shred... I got to day 8 and then got noro.

gracelesslady Sun 03-Feb-13 19:00:07

L1D2 done smile

Alligatorpie Mon 04-Feb-13 05:51:27

Just finished Day 2 of level 1. It seemed easier today

gracelesslady Mon 04-Feb-13 19:31:15

Day 3 done! My quads are killing me grin

Alligatorpie Tue 05-Feb-13 06:56:11

My abs hurt last night and this morning, but I made it through day 3. Just.

farrowandballs Tue 05-Feb-13 21:55:14

Can I join? I just finished L1D9 - I can't quite believe it!
Is anyone else having any knee pain? My right knee is really sore especially when I do jumping jacks. I have ordered some trainers - wondering if its anything to do with being barefoot?

On the plus side I lost nearly 4lb in the 1st week! And ive dropped at least a dress size - my clothes look so much better now! So keep at it it definitely works!

I am combining shred with myfitnesspal. All this because I stopped smoking!

Alligatorpie Wed 06-Feb-13 05:15:35

Good for you, a dress size in 9 days in amazing!!!! I am feeling sluggish this morning,you have inspired me to work out!

I also have working out barefoot,but today I am going to wear trainers. I don't have knee pain,but I know it is a common side effect of this workout.

Alligatorpie Wed 06-Feb-13 05:16:24

Tiffany, I lost weight with noro.
how are you feeling now?

Alligatorpie Wed 06-Feb-13 06:26:41

Did day 4, so glad I made myself. Yes, it's better with trainers.

redhappy Wed 06-Feb-13 13:24:12

Hi, can I join?

Have made many starts on the shred, never last long so I'm hoping this might be a boost to my motivation. I did 4 days, then stopped a few days ago, so I'll start again today, and count this as day 4 grin

Alligatorpie Wed 06-Feb-13 14:52:43

How did it go redhappy? Day 5 tomorrow.

redhappy Wed 06-Feb-13 16:53:16

Done! Did it as soon as we got back from school run- dcs joined in.

Thighs feeling very tight now, and i keep tensing my stomach, imagining how it will look flat.

Half term next week will help, I can just do it in the mornings so will hopefully become part of my routine.

Have you noticed a difference yet?

farrowandballs Wed 06-Feb-13 21:07:42

Yay to shredding! Nice work everyone - I heard that if you make it past day 4 you've nailed it. I just finished L1D10!!! I can't believe it!!! And I can't believe I am this excited about moving up a level on a workout video! hehehe!

Aspiemum2 Wed 06-Feb-13 21:13:59

Count me in, I've been so crap lately at sticking to anything so hope I can be better at this!

Iggity Wed 06-Feb-13 21:18:53

Count me in. I have done level 1 or 2 in the past only a handful of times.

Alligatorpie Thu 07-Feb-13 06:41:15

Did day five today, still on L1.

I can see a difference in my face and yesterday I saw 4 people who told me I look like I have lost weight - i hadn't seen any of them in a few weeks, so I was happy with their comments.

Well done everyone!

redhappy Thu 07-Feb-13 13:33:32

Wow that must be a boost to be getting so many compliments already!

I haven't changed my eating particularly, just trying to focus on eating as many healthy, nutritious things as possible, not cutting out any rubbish yet though. I'm hoping that by filling myself with good stuff there wont be any room left for the bad. It mostly works smile.

Planning to fit mine in straight after getting dcs from school again today. It does help knowing by 7am you'd already done yours!

farrowandballs Thu 07-Feb-13 20:47:59

Fabulous so many people have noticed already! No one has said owt to me so far but I can tell and it's definitely increased my confidence already. Sadly though I'm going to have to have a day off. I'm gutted bit my knee has been in constant pain since last night. I've tried arnica and doing lots of IT band stretches but after much googling I have finally admitted to myself that it just needs a day's rest. Am hoping to be back on the shred - level 2! - tomorrow.

Alligatorpie Fri 08-Feb-13 09:29:21

Farrow - if you need to ret, do it. This is a hard core orkout, your body needs time to adjust.

Red- I always work out in the morning, otherwise I are excuses and don't do it. But I am2 hours ahead of ou and okay is our weekend(Fri / Sat) so I a bit late today.

When I got out of the shower today, I noticed my back fat is almost gone! Happy with that!

redhappy Fri 08-Feb-13 10:36:36

Alligator- Oh my god, that is amazing how quickly it's working!

I completed yesterday too. Going to do today's workout shortly. I've noticed I'm exhausted in the evenings after working out, and sleeping really well.

Once the weekend is out of the way I will start to really focus on my diet too. Having friends over for dvds and takeaway pizza later, so I'm going to make up some salad bowls this afternoon. I'll allow myself 2 slices of pizza, and fill up the rest of my plate with salads.

Farrow- let us know how you get with level 2

Alligatorpie Fri 08-Feb-13 19:21:28

Sorry about my appalling typos, it was a combination of nursing while typing on the iPad and my dh and dd waiting at the door telling me to hurry up. So embarrassing!

We went out for dinner with some friends and ended up eating Lebanese food, which is very carby. I tried to eat healthily, but it was hard. I almost had a beer when we got home, but changed my mind at the last minute. I cannot lose weight when I drink. However am trying my best to stay motivated with the exercise.

Red - how did your workout go?

Farrow - how's the knee?

Alligatorpie Sat 09-Feb-13 07:50:58

Day 7 today, and really noticed a difference with my stamina.
Feeling really good about starting and keeping it up for a week. As it takes 21 days to change a habit, i have only 14 to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now