2013 NEW YEAR JILLIAN MICHAELS FANS!

(1000 Posts)

New thread for the Julian Monkeys!!

Here's to a new year Shedded and Shredded, Ripped, with Killer Buns and Thighs, a 6 Pack, a Revolutionised Body and No More Trouble Zones grin

Any practitioners of Insanity, Turbofire and all other such insane DVDs come and join us too if you like smile

fadingblonde Fri 29-Mar-13 19:25:24

Evening all!

Just checking in, I've been reading through the thread to keep motivated but it's got me feeling lazy more than anything... 4kg weights!!! I think I'm doing well when I manage with 2.3kg blush I think I really need to work on this so I'll try and get in a session of NMTZ's this weekend. If the dds will let me; the school holidays are going to play havoc with Jillianing....

Hope everyone has a happy easter smile

fadingblonde Fri 29-Mar-13 19:26:34

Threesteps so pleased you are finally getting your back sorted out smile

Ponks Fri 29-Mar-13 19:43:37

Feeling good today after Killer L2. Oh my that is still hard, I added weights to some bits but was wiped out for the star jumps at the end - I find that last circuit so hard. Will work on other DVDs for a few days (I like to swap round) then come back to it.

threesteps great news about your back! How fantastic to feel such a benefit straight away!

All you Bobsters - are you doing the Pure Burn Super Strength workout ? I am tempted to have a go although I know it will be a killer .. don't really have time for a 60 min workout most days but could do parts I guess? I'm really enjoying all this working out and pushing myself, feeling myself getting stronger and seeing my body change.
In fact got to go shopping soon as my work trousers are starting to get so loose! Even with a belt they are sagging and starting to look very baggy. What a nice problem to have. Can't believe my body has toned up so much.
Happy Easter everyone smile

MissTFied Fri 29-Mar-13 23:50:55

PeggyO - 4kg? No! Hardcore! Respect to you. I upped Bob today with 2.6kg weights, and I have to say I felt it a lot more. I almost did the whole thing with those, then dropped to 2kg again for the weighted t stands. I borrowed dp's old weights, the spinlock ones. I get confused by these weights because I realise the weights have whatever kg they are on them, but don't you have to take ino account the spinlock bar thing? Or am I being thick? Anyway, I weighed myself holding them to work it out.
I like the naughty Francisco bit when they are in plank position and the hips go up and down. Bob asks F if he is feeling it, and it's obvious what he means when he replys "Yeah, I'm feeling it" as he pumps away!
I also have Yoga Warrior and the Cardio one coming. I have gone overboard with new DVDs at the mo.

Ponks - yes it is indeed Pure Burn Super Strength. You could save it for weekends or whenever you have a spare hour. There is a 20 min workout on it, but tbh it didn't do much for me. The bonus though of getting used to longer workouts is when you do go down to 30 mins, time flies by!
I love clothes shopping now - a complete change for me.

Maltese - I guess it is like Jillian's NMTZ, just harder and longer!

Khaleese - I have cheated on Jillian with Mr Bob Harper. Check out the reviews on amazon.

Jacksterbear - it would be good for our dc to think of us as fit, strong mummies, wouldn't it? Obviously I wouldn't want them to get body conscious so that is why I focus it towards being healthy, and don't talk about the weight loss. Both my dds (2 & 7) will do the odd move. 2 yr old esp likes the cool down and high fiving!

Wow, mammoth post!

Just wanted to say after I Bobbed today, I thought I'd try my new Jackie Warner Xtreme Time Saver DVD. I was pleasantly surprised and found it challenging. I actually felt really worked out whilst doing it. Like Jillian, she does two moves in one, but for longer. I thought after 12 mins in, sod it, I've done Bob already, I don't need to finish this one today, but then made myself carry on and the 30 mins were over in no time. I def recommend it.

Have a good long weekend all!

Khaleese Sat 30-Mar-13 08:14:53

I googled Bob ....maybe after jillian :-)

My children are bribed when i excercise, otherwise the little one thinks that any plank move is an invitation to sit on me!

Good morning all smile

Jackster, Ponks, Fading, MissT, PeggyO thanks all for the good wishes, you are all bloomin' lovely on this thread...

The level of industry on here at the moment is amazing and inspiring! But Bob? Bob? I can't leave Jillian, that would make her sad lol

Ponks I did L2 Killer yesterday too. Oof! That last circuit is indeed a Killer. My thighs ache today...

Great news is that back was not affected at all. It aches a bit, especially first thing in the morning, but I was told to expect that and do everything as usual, including exercise, but the aches don't feel like bad aches, like they used to.

Ponks you're right it is amazing to have felt the benefits so soon - I'm staggered. He did say he had to give it more welly than he expected around my sacral area as it was all so fused. Jeez no wonder I was so uncomfortable!

Was it your DH who was putting off seeing someone? Tell him from me it is so worth doing...

I plan to do something again today but not going to go too mad until I've had some more treatment - perhaps a nice relaxing(!) Shred (but not L2 as I hate it - only a few more to go Khaleese!! I reckon L3 is easier than L2)

Have a great weekend all x

MissTFied Sat 30-Mar-13 10:16:15

Woohoo! Threesteps is back in the game! And she's thinking of doing another session today? Go! ( But please be careful)

Just came on to say did Jackie again this morning instead of Bob, and missed him! I too am thinking of doing another session later. While I do feel it with Jackie, when it is finished, I do think, is that it? I think she is a little step up from Jillian and is certainly good for when I am short of time.

Threesteps - Jillian would forgive you, she and Bob are BFF!

gingercat12 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:46:07

Hi everyone! I miss you all.
khaleese My DS is also bribed when I exercise during the day. Can I ask what your name means?

Khaleese Sat 30-Mar-13 12:00:56

Khaleese is from game of thrones, the princess, she's strong and fierce :-)

only 5 more sessions of level two to go!

Another half an inch from my waist today,that means 2 inches in total...amazing!

notnowbernard Sat 30-Mar-13 12:26:01

Hello I've been lurking but now feel I must pop in grin

I've been doing 30DS but with 2 days off a week

Just started L3 (thank god L2 over !)

Have noticed real improvement in general fitness level but am still feeling the flab ( arms, chest and shoulders looking good though)

Do I need to step it up a bit ? And how?

All tips gratefully received!

MissTFied Sat 30-Mar-13 13:41:41

I knew your name Khaleese! New season starts soon, is it tomorrow?

Notnowbernard - we love that book in our house! Poor Bernard! If you want to get rid of the flab, you could do something like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (cardio one), for one week, then the next week do some strength with No More Trouble Zones for a week, then back to BFBM etc. Once you have shaved off a bit off flab, then I'd recommend strength training to get a more toned and defined look, and muscles burn off fat throughout the day. Also, if you are happy with your upper body, you could do Killer Buns & Thighs or 6W6P. Really, the possibilities are endless!

Hi gingercat!

Bye for now!

Jacksterbear Sat 30-Mar-13 14:10:50

GoT thread here!

notnowbernard I would second the recommendation of BFBM - longer workout and cardio-based to, well, do what its name suggests really! (Banish fat, boost metabolism) smile

notnowbernard Sat 30-Mar-13 21:21:05

Thank you smile

I will check out BFBM as could do with getting rid of wobbly gut and backside

MissTFied Sun 31-Mar-13 00:03:35

Thanks Jacksterbear! I have terrible trouble remembering who's who though. I think I'll have to do a bit of internet research before G o T starts up again.

My memory is awful. I don't know why I bother quoting my fav Bob bits on here, 'cos I completely misquote every time!

Evening all and Happy Easter smile

Hope everyone has had a great day...

Welcome NotnowBernard...let us know what you think of BFBM if you get it. It's a great one for a full on cardio workout!

I had a lovely pizza lunch out and plenty of chocolate. Feeling very slovenly when I finally got home I decided to dig out S&S and did L1 and loved it smile

Am planning to do both levels S&S tomorrow, yikes!

I did L3 Shred yesterday and L2 Killer the day before that so I think we could definitely say I'm back on track, huzzah!!! I have my next chiro appointment on Tuesday so I'll tell him what I've been doing and if he thinks I'm overdoing anything I'll take his advice. It certainly feels okay at the mo.

Will check in tomorrow if I survive my second ever S&S double-session.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend everyone smile

gingercat12 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:52:16

khaleese I was right then. Am reading / obsessed with Game of Thrones now, but didn't want to say "Are you a Dothraki princess?" grin

Repeating week 8 of Body Revolution now. Cardio gets much easier, but the workouts do not. When will I be able to do 1 minute of plank thrusts?! On the plus side I found myself doing proper one-legged push-ups. I was so shocked, nearly collapsed.

Happy Easter! Hope everyone is getting better and recovering from injuries. Great to see new people joining in!

gingercat12 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:53:49

threesteps Yay! You must be feeling better then.

Cross-posted with you Gingercat! I am, I am, I am grin

Well done with the one armed push ups, that sounds both impossible and wrong!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and catch up with you next week smile x

Oops, I meant one legged push ups, either version sounds impossible and wrong!

Ponks Sun 31-Mar-13 22:02:16

Well done threesteps so good to hear you are back in the groove! A chiro who can help so much is worth their weight in gold, I think. My DH has recurrent back problems - which he does not like to admit to - he has tried several different people but none has made much of a difference.

I did NMTZ for the second time today - was feeling tired and bloated beforehand (mega water retention I think) but felt fab afterwards. Still got to get the "feel" of this DVD so I know which bits to really push in, and where the easier exercises fit in, but think it will be good for a whole body toning workout.

My knees are hurting again though - think it is something in Killer L2 that it getting to me. sad

Incidentally - in a couple of the DVDs Jillian refers to "threes" and "eights" etc for the weights - do you think she means lb or kg? I can't imagine doing the exercises with 8kg weights!

Jacksterbear Sun 31-Mar-13 22:26:47

Definitely lbs,*Ponks*, pretty sure Americans don't do kilos!

Ponks Sun 31-Mar-13 22:29:39

Phew much relieved to hear that! Had felt a bit pathetic!

gingercat12 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:45:20

Jackster I was wondering about JM's handweights as well. Thanks for it.

I sympathise with your DH Ponks - having been twice to the chiropractic college in the past (each time for 6-8 sessions), no one even identified the twisted pelvis. Now he's pointed out that my 2 sacral bones feel like completely different sizes, it's so obvious now. All sorts of things are falling (literally!) into place now - like I never stand squarely on my 2 feet, I always rest my weight on my right leg and kind of take my weight off my left leg, like a horse resting! I just thought I was a weirdo grin

Sorry if I'm bugging everyone. I'm just feeling a little bit reborn. The constant low-level pain has already eased so much and I think it's a shock to realise how much it has affected me day-to-day...

Notyummy I hope you're doing okay. I hope my evangalism isn't adding insult to injury. Really hope the next consultant's appointment goes well for you x

Decided a double S&S might be pushing it too soon so will opt for something more sedate later smile Perhaps just L2 S&S. Ponks Killer got my left knee a bit too - I can't think why. There are no more lunges etc. than her other DVDs are there?

Hope everyone is having a fab bank holiday Monday! I April Fooled my friend that I woke up to find 3 sheep in my (urban) garden and there was apparently a tornado around my way overnight grin

Khaleese Mon 01-Apr-13 15:42:24

:-) i am indeed the Dothraki princess ( she spells it with an i though as in khaleesi.) that spelling is gone :-( its a great series, so many powerful ladies.

I completed shred level two 7 today, only three to go. I've decided to do level three alongside 6w6p but do 6w6p as absolut beginner. -- as it looks horrid--

I am seeing a huge difference though.

Happy easter all. X

This thread is not accepting new messages.