Week 4 - New Year Bootcamp - Where We Really Get Going

(699 Posts)
BIWI Mon 28-Jan-13 08:55:07

Morning all!

Quick post from me as I have to go to work. Damn that RL!

Come and confess all on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Remember that in this week, it is still likely that you may see very little or even no loss. This is entirely normal and will happen no matter how well you have been following Bootcamp rules

It sounds, though, like some of you are eager to report losses anyway, so that's brilliant!

However, there's been a lot of falling off the wagon recently, so can I suggest that we really get focused in this week and make sure that we don't allow the carbs to creep back into the diet? From here on, we're only really going to see losses of around 1-2lbs a week, so let's not sabotage things.

EwanHoozami Sat 02-Feb-13 19:13:43

skandi 14 hours - High five!

I'm about to sit in front of a daft movie and eat what promises to be an amazing spanish sausage casserole. I found some saffron that my mum bought back from Iran and it is so beautiful.

GinotPrigio Sat 02-Feb-13 19:15:42

Hi, not been on here in a few so just popping in to say hello before I read back through the posts. Tried the cauliflower pizza today and can't say I'm a fan, even though I usually love cauliflower hmm

Tried swede dauphinois this evening and it was glorious! It's definitely going to be a regular on my menus!

8 weeks today until our wedding so the motivation is getting even stronger. My weight has definitely stalled over the last 10 days so I'm hoping to drop 1 or 2 lbs come Monday. grin

Xx

Hurrah for 14 hrs skandi!

Lavenderhoney Sat 02-Feb-13 19:20:17

Rupbrekt, I'm abroad at the minute so no lovely tesco/aldi etcsad

Biwi, ( came up as bigwig on iPadsmile I'm just a bit worried about digestion and too much meat.. No scientific basis at all! I prefer veggies I suppose. I still feel hungry after the meat and small veg portion.

Totally forgot to say I tracked down celeriac so will be making crisps tomorrow!! Very excitedsmile

Bessie123 Sat 02-Feb-13 19:33:03

captainmummy did you bake the oopsie rolls for long enough? I found the recipe too much for 6 and made 10 with it. Maybe if you make bigger ones they need baking for longer

Bessie123 Sat 02-Feb-13 19:34:44

skandi congrats on the long sleep

lavender how about white fish instead of meat?

debs39 Sat 02-Feb-13 19:36:35

hi..can I dip into this thread for some advice??? am currently following an eating plan called bodyshock which is ran by a personal training company. in essence they recommend meals / snacks should only comprise of : vegetables, fruit but this shld.always be eaten with nuts, allows eggs, probiotic yogurt, fullfat greek yoghurt, goats cheese, water, herbal teas, meat......I have actually put on weight doing this ober the last 6 days. ..any thoughts / comments wld be greatly appreciated. ..ps I know you lot dont count calories but there is no way my TDEE is over about 1700 cals.daily.
generally just 1000 or so... so shldnt be.putting on weight.....sad sad

Womenandchickensfirst Sat 02-Feb-13 19:51:23

Having virtuously resisted the Malteser cupcakes I had made for guests this morning, DH took me out for lunch. I ordered the Meat Platter to share. Sounded like it would be ok - came with 4 huge slices of garlic bread and a mountain of battered onion rings! There were even pieces of battered chicken, and lots of sauce on the ribs. And there was me imagining a nice anti pasti lunch. I avoided the bread, but did have a couple of the onion rings, and scraped off the sauce. Mmm, it was not good.

I've been craving hot chocolate, so when I got home I melted 2 squares of Green and Blacks and some double cream. Topped it up with a little bit of milk. It was only little, but so delicious. I've had a really tough week, and no cheats so far, so will live with it. Trying the celeriac gratin for dinner, with left over pork.

Continued thanks to all of you who post the recipes, it really is a help to keep going and make it interesting.

BIWI Sat 02-Feb-13 20:10:11

debs39 - what do you want us to say? How can we possibly advise you about another eating plan?!

Low carbing isn't about calorie counting.

Not surprised you're putting on weight - and it's nothing to do with calories. It's to do with the carbs you're eating.

What was wrong with low carbing?

Xenia Sat 02-Feb-13 20:16:33

True. debs could cut out the fruit and nuts. I am not a great dairy fan at all so might be wise to go easy on that too and eat a lot more eggs, fish, meat.

BIWI Sat 02-Feb-13 20:20:04

debs - actually, your post has made me quite cross. You've decided not to do Bootcamp - you never actually engaged in Bootcamp in the first place. So what makes you think that we are here now to help? You're doing something completely different! The rules are different, the eating plan is different! You need to make a choice. Which plan are you following?

You know, your weight loss is actually up to you. I can't do it for you. Your personal trainer can't do it for you. You have to decide what you are doing and then stick to it.

anewdispensation Sat 02-Feb-13 20:20:09

Hi all.. been sick with the flu so not been able to post in a week. How are we all getting on?

Debs I think you need to make a decision for what is best for you. On bootcamp we are following specific bootcamp rules (see speadaheet - I think you might have posted before but decided not to follow the plan?). There are links there also to videos explaining the reasoning behind this WOE. For us as low carbers calories are not important, carbs are. The plan you are following sounds significantly different to what we are doing. Of course our advice would be to ditch your plan and do ours, but only you can choose what is right for your body. Essentially I am saying we can't advise you on your specific and different eating plan. I would suggest keep a food diary and discuss it with whoever is monitoring your diet.

Anew - hope you are recovering now!

BIWI Sat 02-Feb-13 20:39:17

anew - sorry to hear you've been poorly. Are you OK now?

NoelHeadbands Sat 02-Feb-13 20:47:01

Evening all, hope everyone is well

I've had a shocking day today eating eating wise. Because - get your tiny violins out- I'm just coming to the end of a course of teeth bleaching and my GOD! The pain sad

It was bad enough after the first few days, but today I've actually had tears in my eyes with the pain of it <wuss emoticon>. Anyway I've been taking strong painkillers so my stomach is churning. I managed some eggs at breakfast time but skipped lunch and couldn't manage more than a mouthful of my steak and salad.

WOE IS ME. But moan over

<flashes a weak, but very white, smile>

Kiriwawa Sat 02-Feb-13 20:55:28

Yeah but do your teeth look good?? grin

I'm seeing my parents in a few weeks and am dreading it. My mum was telling me about a man on holiday 'who ate 6 rashers of bacon and 3 eggs at breakfast every day, dripping in fat, and the rashers were really fatty and he didn't cut it off, he's only young, I dread to think what his heart is like' ..

He did put the rashers into a big floury bap apparently and was very overweight but I can imagine there's going to be a lot of conversation about 'fads' the moment I get in the car sad

nb I am nearly 50 FFS

helpingout Sat 02-Feb-13 20:58:06

Evening everyone!

B- mushroom omelette
L - wasn't hungry
D - spice mix made from ground cumin seeds, chilli seeds, salt and pepper. Sliced some frying steaks and covered with the spice mix for an hour. Fried in olive oil, rice wine vinegar and light soy sauce for two minutes max then removed from pan and added some spinach in to wilt. Served with mayo with a touch of horesradish mixed in it. Delicious!

Having a small wine - first since Jan 7th!

LavenderBriggs Sat 02-Feb-13 20:59:15

BIWI I tweaked the recipe a bit,

50g ground almonds
25g Omega sprinkle (Holland and Barrett stuff)
1 tsp baking powder
7g butter*
oat milk
About 10 prawns chopped up. Mixed it all together and baked for about 12 minutes.

*I know, I was trying to just make a couple each.

Debs - how could we give advice about a calorie counting diet?

BIWI Sat 02-Feb-13 21:05:42

Were there no sesame seeds then?

NoelHeadbands Sat 02-Feb-13 21:07:30

Kiri yeah they look ace grin

Just rise above the 'fads' comments, smile beatifically as you think to yourself 'I'm burning fat right now and eating like a king'

NoelHeadbands Sat 02-Feb-13 21:16:09

I'm self medicating now, with alcohol.

PlatoonBuffoon Sat 02-Feb-13 21:18:02

Evening all. Just popped to say hi. Life has been crazy busy so I've not been able to get on here.

So I've had an interesting week...I'd been feeling very 'off' and wondering if I had my balance of nutrients wrong. A long term low carbing friend took a look at my food diary and told me I wasn't eating enough. I've been enjoying putting that right as I'm sure you can imagine.

The other thing they recommended was cod liver oil which I have been taking every day.

My running had also been really crap. I'd been up to 6 miles after Christmas but was really struggling to do 2 or 3. I felt completely drained of energy. My mate suggested a small amount of carb the night before exercise so I had some rice. He told me it would all be used up in the run the next day and I would stay in ketosis. He was right - I peed on a stick to prove it to myself! And my running was magically improved!

Anyway, a little bit of self experimentation. Let's see what the scales say on Monday. I do find the how low carbing/exercise thing difficult to get right. I love both, so want to find a way to get this to work!

LavenderBriggs Sat 02-Feb-13 21:19:30

That is exactly what I said to DH when he came back from cupboard empty handed grin

catinboots Sat 02-Feb-13 21:57:52

STOP

GRINOT

DID YOU SAY WEDDING???

You're getting married next week? gringringrin

Oh my god. I am a wedding perve fanatic....

We need details. Ceremony? Reception? DRESS?

How did you not mention this before?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now