Enough is enough

(8 Posts)
ednatate82 Wed 06-Mar-13 06:01:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Samnella Sat 26-Jan-13 22:57:28

Great tip. I have a bag of that to use up in the freezer so will give it a go tomorrow.

Rockchick1984 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:27:50

Same here, it meant I had to consciously think about how much I was eating just as nibbles in the evening, rather than polishing off a full bag of sensations, or half a box of chocolates!

I also found that for evening meals my DH doesn't like a plate piled high with veg, but loves stuff like chilli so I would throw all sorts of veg in! Or I'd make a big pan of veggie soup to have as a starter so I wouldn't eat such a big portion of a meal. Buy a bag of frozen casserole veg (only about £1 from the supermarket)and simmer in boiling water with a stock cube and any herbs/spices you fancy (I like to use cumin and paprika) then blend - its pretty tasty and very filling, but virtually calorie free!

Samnella Sat 26-Jan-13 21:49:07

Thanks again. That's a great way to deal with the chocolate bars. I have a terrible habit of mindlessly eating the contents of my cupboard every night blush. I would probably lose weight just by stopping that stupid habit alone.

Rockchick1984 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:37:05

Limited in that every time I ate anything I stuck to the 1/2 superfree, so if I wanted a chocolate bar I had to have fruit first! Meant I physically couldn't indulge to the extent I'd want to, as I couldn't eat that much fruit or veg grin but other than that no I didn't really limit myself too much. I tried to avoid bread unless homemade as I find it really bloats me up, but generally do that anyway so not too big a lifestyle change for me.

Samnella Sat 26-Jan-13 21:24:10

Thanks Rockchick. I liked alot of the principles of SW but really hated the whole thing about having to syn bread if you have cereal. I also think it encourages me to keep eating cakes. biscuits etc as you have this syn allowance. Those foods just seem to trigger something in me and I can't stop eating them. Did you ban those types of foods or just limit. if so how?

Rockchick1984 Sat 26-Jan-13 19:36:03

How much do you want to lose? I did a simplified version of slimming world which worked ok for me - basically 1/2 of each meal had to be "superfree" so fruit and veg, and the other half I ate what I wanted within reason - nothing fried or smothered in oil, but I didn't do the whole syn counting stuff, I figured the 1/2 plate of veg rather than 1/3 recommended by SW meant I would be ok. I lost roughly 1-1.5 lb each week doing this but I only had a small amount to lose, so probably the right weight loss for me anyway!

Samnella Sat 26-Jan-13 16:51:52

I am fed up of dieting and failing.

My latest hope was SW which I just couldn't get into. I hate the whole writing everything, planning everything and counting thing.

I want to lose 2-2.5 stone.

My friend is well on her way to losing weight and I realised just how envy I am. I am constantly eating and I don't want to feel so bad about myself. I hate getting dressed up, anything involving my appearance. I am so self conscious.

I don't want to weigh, count or log a dam thing.

Someone out there must have a plan they did that didn't require buying a book, signing up or whatever. Just sensible eating.

I am thinking of 3 meals a day; cereal, soup and a sensible meal that all the family can eat. Fruit only if really needed between meals and lots of water. Reduce carbs a bit. Walk to work (5 miles) twice a week. Will this do it? I think I am well and truly caught on the diet merry go round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now