Sugar makes me feel like shite!

(3 Posts)
StretchVelvet Thu 24-Jan-13 13:51:34

You're definitely right about the more you eat the more you want. I've got awful chocolate cravings today, even though I feel horrible.
I wish people knew more about how toxic sugar can be.

SCOTCHandWRY Thu 24-Jan-13 13:19:34

Yes. Stop eating sugar! smile The headache could be from caffeine, artificial sweeteners, low blood sugar (caused by the insulin spike you get after eating sweet stuff)... the more crap you eat, the more you want (IME blush).

The brain fog - quite common in people with a sensitivity to sweetners like sucralose (it's in a lot of sweets) and also, gluten.

I still eat chocolate daily - but now it's small amounts of good quality, 85% cocoa - you get the cocoa hit but virtually no sugar.

Initially you may feel worse cutting out high carb treats, expect headaches, but you will feel much better in the long term.

StretchVelvet Thu 24-Jan-13 12:37:15

Just had a long chat with a friend about another problem I've got at the moment and she pointed out that I've seemed very down lately. I said I think I have been quite down, and today I feel especially like shite.
I realised I ate a lot of sugar (chocolate) yesterday and I've noticed that I feel like I'm drugged the next day, or in a fog. I've got a headache, my face is red and blotchy and I just feel like I want to go to sleep. And I think it affects my mood too.
I feel ok when I stay off the sweets and chocolate but it's so hard to not eat them.
Anyone else experience this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now