Stop Bingeing and Start Eating Healthily Thread

(1000 Posts)
SnowyWellies Thu 24-Jan-13 06:21:40

Would anyone like to join me? I am a yo yo dieter, a failed WW (could not bear the small portions) failed SW (went wild on Free foods) and I eat too much of the wrong sorts of food. I binge then starve and I want to get out of that cycle. I also enjoy my evening 3 glass of wine a little too much! I feel bloated, pasty, tired and I hate how I look in the mirror. I am about to hit 40, and I refuse to spend any more time hating myself. I want to deal with my psychological food issues, and I want to finally be the woman I am meant to be.

I am 5 ft 2 and weigh 11 stone 3.

My aim- to increase fruit and veg. To cut out wheat as I bloat very badly on wheat. To take as much care over my own diet as I do over the diets of my children and my husband. To not treat my body like a rubbish bin.

As of this morning. I am tired. My skin is pale and blotchy. I am very bloated in the stomach. I am aiming to lose 24 pounds, but want to do it properly and without feeling deprived. I want to make this process luxurious, with a focus on gorgeous healthy food.

Today's plan:

Breakfast - fruit and natural yoghurt with a drizzle of honey.

Lunch - home made carrot and coriander soup.

Dinner - fresh veg risotto.

I need ideas for delicious alcohol-free drinks. Currently I love a splash of grapefruit juice and soda water.

Anyone want to join me? The focus is on good food, and to deal with the psychological issues around bingeing and self hatred. I am not a psychologist, just someone who needs- and can offer support!

Weigh in days will be Mondays and Thursdays.

SlimFitWellies Sat 18-May-13 10:33:47

[thinking of nc to PodgyTumWellies]

PodgyTumWellies Sat 18-May-13 10:36:40

[twirl] well it has a ring to it! grin

Emilythornesbff Sat 18-May-13 12:51:19

hmm at name change.
I like slimfit.

PodgyTumWellies Sat 18-May-13 13:08:52

I put weight on with SlimFit grin

Seeing whether it works the other way...... [taps nose. sneaky]

we are not out tonight. So it will be roasted asparagus and other veg.

Emilythornesbff Sat 18-May-13 13:16:04

grin
Right you are podge
<wink>

Emilythornesbff Sat 18-May-13 13:29:13

Aaagghhhhh!
Holiday booked.
Panic
Must stick to today's fast.
Fingers crossed for Monday weigh - in.

Ooh where are you going Emily? Anywhere hot?

I've got a snoring toddler on me so I am stuck on the sofa, may put her in bed. Need to start cooking dinner etc. Am determined to make healthy meal plans & stick to them. Tonight is quorn & vegetable curry with rice (homemade).

Tomorrow I will have:

B yoghurt, fruit, sprinkle of muesli.
L Hummus & salad roll.
D probably leftover curry & rice.

I am going to make some healthy banana cookies for DD so I may have one of them as well.

Bakingnovice Sat 18-May-13 16:39:13

Just a quick one to say I stayed the same. Period still not here either. And walk cancelled cos of blimmin rain. It's freezing here. Oh we'll, here's hoping my period will bring a whoosh of weight loss next week. Good luck everyone and good luck for the weigh in Emily.

Emilythornesbff Sat 18-May-13 18:22:45

baking well done for not gaining.

50shades off to turkey. [ runs off to spend ££££s on children's sunscreen and pool safety equipment]
Curry sounds nice. smile

Emilythornesbff Sat 18-May-13 18:24:37

I'm waiting to have my half portion of chicken parmagiano with salad. Hungry now.

It was lovely actually. DH thinks vegetable curry is pointless, whereas I could eat it twice a week for the rest of my life. Has to be homemade though, can't stand takeaway swimming in oil, Yuck!

PodgyTumWellies Sun 19-May-13 07:08:03

Morning all. I am doing so very badly. Had roasted veg last night which was fine, then DH brought out some wine after DCs were in bed and we shared the entire bottle and i feel very unwell this morning. sad

I am so fed up with myself and so fed up with sabotaging myself.

am drinking black coffee now.

onwards and downwards.

Plan
B- fruit and yoghurt
L- veg soup
D- have people coming around for drinks [queasy] so will have nibbly things like bruschetta and stuff like that. I will stick to diet lemonade i think. Everyone else can have Pimms.

Emilythornesbff Sun 19-May-13 07:15:56

Don't worry * podge* did you ate snacks or was it just the wine?

The trouble is drinking makes you feel low in the morning IMHO.

Think protein and veg.

Diet lemonade is a good idea.
Besides, it is the weekend. I'm looking forward to making pizzas today with ds.

PodgyTumWellies Sun 19-May-13 10:00:04

No snacks, just wine. And DH has reminded me about a scotch that I was hoping to forget. The DCs all went to bed very early, so we kind of broke out. blush

Will also make my homemade lemonade and mint drink, that is nice and refreshing.

Bakingnovice Sun 19-May-13 12:13:00

Aw don't worry podge. We've all been there. If I'd been good this week is have hit my lowest weight in three years. I'm disappointed in myself. But TOM collided with feeling a bit down and I had two bad days. Even today all I can think about is food. Grrrrrrr

Like Emily says - onwards and downwards.....

PodgyTumWellies Sun 19-May-13 12:33:51

The good thing is that DH is being very solicitous and is going to do the shopping and making of snacks for our drinks party while I mumsnet rest.

smile

Hi all. I'm feeling pleased with myself as have so far stuck to my new rules. Had a big chat with DH & told him how I was feeling, he didn't realise I was struggling so much. I've decided I'm going to stop cooking 'family meals' ie what he wants. I'm going to cook healthy food that I want & if he wants it too, fab. If he doesn't, he knows where the kitchen is. He has more free time than me anyway & I will let him know in advance what I am having each evening. TBH he could do with losing some weight but I'm not going to pressure him, it's got to be his decision.

NeedsTherapy Sun 19-May-13 13:27:19

I'm just marking in.

Emilythornesbff Sun 19-May-13 14:22:53

Hurrah for supportive DHs.

Hello needstherapy

iheartshoes Sun 19-May-13 15:38:39

Hi ladies hope everyone is having good weekends and enjoying the sun. Not had the best weekend food wise . I think I might try and fast tomorrow. No idea how I'm going to get on to be honest but I figured its worth giving it a shot so I can feel less guilty about my naughty days. Going to have a look on 5:2 threads now for some tips .

Emilythornesbff Sun 19-May-13 17:32:18

Hello iheart
I too am fasting tomorrow.
Sometimes the fasts are challenging. Tips that have worked for me:
Plan my 500 calories.
avoid breakfast and lunch (or occasionally I have a bit of porridge first thing made with water) as eating wakes up my hunger.
drink water, herbal tea and marmite drink.
remind myself that I can eat well tomorrow.

Interestingly I have learned not to be scared of feeling hungry. I feel less hungry the morning after a fast than usual. I am better at recognising when I actually am hungry rather than eating to feed my emotions.
Bla bla bla. grin

Tomorrow I'm having a can of Thai chicken soup (convenient and tasty) for supper. I'll probably have an apple and a low cal chocolate drink too.
Then normal eating on Tuesday.
Today we've been eating homemade pizza and I haven't needed to over eat because I can tell when I am full IYSWIM.

Good luck. I'll be there with you.
Em

iheartshoes Sun 19-May-13 18:01:38

Thanks em. I might need your help tomorrow! I'm strangely looking forward to it. I really need to learn to control my eating especially comfort and boredom eating and hoping this will help. I've got a can of veg soup to have mid afternoon ( if I can last until then ) and dinner will be chicken with a big bowl of salad. I just really hope I can do it I hate feeling hungry but hopefully knowing that I can enjoy "normal" meals the day after will help.

Emilythornesbff Sun 19-May-13 18:11:56

You'll be fine.

Don't watch any cooker programmes though grin

Emilythornesbff Sun 19-May-13 18:12:45

Doh. Cookery.

SixPackWellies Sun 19-May-13 18:14:11

Lord, the way I am going I am going to have to nc every day. PodgyTum was depressing me (no matter how apt). [Twirl.]

I might well try 5:2. Nuthin else is working.

smile

I find eating in the morning turns my hunger on too, em. That was interesting what you said.

might try it tomorrow.......

This thread is not accepting new messages.