Stop Bingeing and Start Eating Healthily Thread

(1000 Posts)
SnowyWellies Thu 24-Jan-13 06:21:40

Would anyone like to join me? I am a yo yo dieter, a failed WW (could not bear the small portions) failed SW (went wild on Free foods) and I eat too much of the wrong sorts of food. I binge then starve and I want to get out of that cycle. I also enjoy my evening 3 glass of wine a little too much! I feel bloated, pasty, tired and I hate how I look in the mirror. I am about to hit 40, and I refuse to spend any more time hating myself. I want to deal with my psychological food issues, and I want to finally be the woman I am meant to be.

I am 5 ft 2 and weigh 11 stone 3.

My aim- to increase fruit and veg. To cut out wheat as I bloat very badly on wheat. To take as much care over my own diet as I do over the diets of my children and my husband. To not treat my body like a rubbish bin.

As of this morning. I am tired. My skin is pale and blotchy. I am very bloated in the stomach. I am aiming to lose 24 pounds, but want to do it properly and without feeling deprived. I want to make this process luxurious, with a focus on gorgeous healthy food.

Today's plan:

Breakfast - fruit and natural yoghurt with a drizzle of honey.

Lunch - home made carrot and coriander soup.

Dinner - fresh veg risotto.

I need ideas for delicious alcohol-free drinks. Currently I love a splash of grapefruit juice and soda water.

Anyone want to join me? The focus is on good food, and to deal with the psychological issues around bingeing and self hatred. I am not a psychologist, just someone who needs- and can offer support!

Weigh in days will be Mondays and Thursdays.

SmellieWellies Thu 28-Mar-13 07:40:37

Well done MissWooWoo!!!!! Enjoy yor hols.

My trigger is wine too. If i have even one glass with dinner then i break out the crisps afterwards.

I am 10 stone 10 today. I am okay with that. Last week (I did not report....blush ) I was 10 stone 11.

I am going to work bloody hard at it this week, and really really put effort in. i am aiming for a 3 pound loss.

Today;

small bowl cereal with ss milk and sultanas.
bowl of hearty veg soup and a crusty roll
1 grilled lamb chop with lots and lots of broccoli, sweetcorn and salad veg
drinks- herbal teas, fizzy water and a current fave... diet lemonade with a shot of grenadine syrup. Makes it feel slightly mroe grownup.

Also I will walk for my entire lunch hour.

SmellieWellies Thu 28-Mar-13 07:41:32

please excuse typos. smile

IamMummyhearmeROAR Thu 28-Mar-13 14:29:58

Today was a landmark moment as I saw the number 10 for the first time in almost 18 months. I'm 10stone 12 so a 2lb loss. I'm very happy but nervous as the next week brings a few eating challenges with being away from home at friends and family. My MIL is a feeder!

twinklestar2 Thu 28-Mar-13 14:50:04

Well done on the losses girls! Fab results!

Seems we are all around the same weight on here. High 10s/low 11s!

BambieO Fri 29-Mar-13 14:10:27

Well done iammummy that's brilliant! You must be so pleased

I am firmly back on the wagon even though I'm out of action for a bit due to dislocating my kneecap I am still going to be watching my food so hopefully that will keep me on an even keel.

I have lost the weight I gained back so time to tackle the next stone now. I want to hit the 11's by the time summer kicks in.

I am definitely not in the tens or elevens envy but I can dream haha

twinklestar2 Fri 29-Mar-13 22:12:42

I came on my period - cycle 21 of trying sad I've been eating chocolate I have to confess.

BambieO Fri 29-Mar-13 22:23:09

Chocolate is most definitely allowed twinkle.

You have special dispensation to have all the chocolate you fancy tonight.

SmellieWellies Sat 30-Mar-13 08:37:47

Chocolate is definitely allowed, twinkle. thanks

Ouch Bambie hope your knee is soon better.

WELL DONE iammummy!

Hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend.

Today's menu

Bk- 1 slice of toast with light cheese and a pear

Ln- salad sandwich with quorn ham

Dn - spinach and ricotta cannelloni with salad.

Have managed to persuade DH to come for a long walk with the DCs. So hope to get a good 90 minute or so walk in today as well.

Wishing everyone a safe, happy, peaceful weekend.

BambieO Sun 31-Mar-13 21:33:57

How did everyone's easter go? Feast or famine grin

Mine was feast blush but I was extremely good Friday and Saturday

SmellieWellies Mon 01-Apr-13 09:40:31

Feast here too.

Roast lamb, potato dauphionoise, peas, honeyed carrots.... oh and two bottles of wine and a few sherries between 3. blush

Today is stirfried veg and steamed rice and an alcohol-free day. Feeling very stuffed

BambieO Mon 01-Apr-13 21:25:12

Oh sounds gorgeous drooling all over my iphone

I had another bad day of temptation but reigned myself in, didnt touch a drop even though everyone was drinking from 1 and I have just got back, also went for a Mexican meal but just had some jumbo prawns and salad. Was soooo hard not to opt for my usual chimichanga with rice, tortillas, sour cream, cheese, all the usual best bits sad haha

Alohomora Mon 01-Apr-13 21:43:39

May I join you? We are planning our first baby and want to start FCC sometime in early autumn, but my BMI is high and I want to be fitter and finally shift some of that weight that has been dogging me all my life.

I don't ea too unhealthily, cook all our meals fom scratch but portion control is a big issue and even sticking to my assigned WW points didn't shift any weight.

So - smaller portions, healthier choices, more fierce in the diet and more gentle exercise - which I often find hard as I'm on my feet most of the day at work (up to 4.5km of rushing around), it I'm going to need help sticking to it and change my habits.

BambieO Mon 01-Apr-13 22:01:25

Aloha alohomora smile

This thread is fantastic and you will have great support to get you where you want to be. The ladies here have helped me so much. I am one stone 2lbs down since march 03rd and I feel so much better in myself. I am making better conscious food choices and my health must be improving.

Are you on My Fitness Pal?

Alohomora Mon 01-Apr-13 22:55:21

I think I shall make "More fierce in the diet" my motto, though I did mean to say more fibre!

I'm on MyFitnesspal but have only tracked privately so far, I bought a FitBit and the two worked quite well together, but I need to get back into the habit.

SmellieWellies Tue 02-Apr-13 09:43:46

Welcome alohomora! How exciting about planning for a baby! I am like you, I cook from scratch, and eat quite well, but the portion sizes are ENORMOUS!

Bambie not drinking when everyone else is is a great achievement!

Yesterday we had steamed rice, and stirfried veg and tofu. Yum. Feeling good this morning. I was also alcohol-free which was good too, so am feeling bright and positive.

Today

B- 1 weetabix, ss milk and an alpro yoghurt
L- raw veg and home made hummus
D - left over lamb from Sunday, marinated in lemon, garlic and rosemary, in pita breads with lots of salad and tzatziki. 1 glass of red wine.

I was thinking about 'changes for life'. I tend to be an all or nothing person, which is exactly what I want to address. So I will go on massive detoxes, then get despondent and eat three big macs. I have decided I am 'happy' if the weight comes off more slowly, but it has to be something I can live with. So I am allowing myself a glass of red every second day (occasionally two) and then will be vegetarian every second day too. I have been vegetarian in the past, and always fall off the wagon and then think 'well I have blown it now'. Veg every second day- welll- it is healthier than meat every day, it is a good middle road that I think I can live with.

I want to whittle down to 9 stone 7, and even if that takes until then end of the year, it needs to be something sustainable. So no more panicking. [wibble].

We shall see..... fingers crossed it works!. But the all or nothing approach is exactly how I got into my starve-binge cycle. This is better for me- I think!

Hope everyone had a lovely easter break!

BambieO Tue 02-Apr-13 09:52:18

smellie that dinner sounds delicious! I might follow suit as we had lamb too.

I agree with you about change for life, I normally go on a diet lose a fair whack of weight, get despondent and then give up as I did a few weeks back. This time I am determined I won't miss out on anything just try and make consciously healthy choices and if I want a treat, I have to remember its just that- a treat. Not something I can do everyday once I have had it.

I have put on 0.6lb since my weigh in Saturday which isn't so bad after feasting Sunday so will be extra good today to combat it and hopefully I will have another small loss by weigh in Thursday.

Also want to get back to the gym, I don't feel I need my crutches now so hopefully in a few days I can try and take it easy with a walk or something.

I have been doing abs and arms whilst I have been out of action and my arms look much better so I will keep it up until I can start shredding properly again.

Hope everyone else has some sunshine and is feeling positive today!

Alohomora Tue 02-Apr-13 18:04:43

Grocery delivery coming tonight, no naughties except a package of Jaffa Cakes for DH - I'll not share my weight hear, suffice to say my ultimate goal would be to be out of the 'obese' BMI range and that I have a fair way to go.

I lost several stone a couple of years ago but piled it all back on when I was unemployed and living with my MiL and haven't been able to shift the weight since then - I really need to start up Yoga again, I am constantly stressed and tired which leads to unhealthy choices. I do like the Shred, but only Level 1!

BambieO Tue 02-Apr-13 18:29:20

Good going Alohomora smile no treats in makes it much easier to resist.

That's the joy of the MN smile you don't have to share your weight you just know what you are working towards and we will all help each other get there in the end

twinklestar2 Tue 02-Apr-13 20:26:34

Hello all! I have been reading but not posting but I have been sticking with it (loosley). Have just been really busy. I havent eaten that much chocolate either :D

Smellie - my OH and I have tried to eat more veggie meals but we always run out of ideas. Going veggie every other day sounds doable, would you be able to post some meal ideas to help me?

Welcome Alohomora! I am also trying for our first baby, although we have been trying for nearly 2 years so I think IVF is the only option for us. sad Our next appt at the fertility clinic is in 6 weeks so I feel like we have one last shot at trying naturally and if it doesnt happen then its IVF. So I might as well start preparing my body for it now. Today I have been reading up about foods for fertility so from tomorrow morning I am going uber healthy. I eat fairly healthily already (mostly organic and homemade etc) but everyone can do better, can't they?

BambieO Wed 03-Apr-13 08:31:48

Good luck for both of you twinkle and alohomora, I hope that you both get where you want to be and that it helps you TTC. You will definitely be fitted and healthier the rate these losses are going for everyone smile I could do with being fitter and healthier more than anyone haha I am the queen of lazy when it comes to health.

Just had a sneaky weigh in and I am 20 pounds down since I started logging and joined these chats. I'm very pleased, still have a long way to go, ideally I would like another stone off before summer kicks in.

You have all been such a help, I am determined to keep going and hit my goal. It feels good to be in the 'normal' not sure I like that word BMI but I am on 24.5 so would like to get to a comfortable maintainable 23.

It's not the best indicator of weight for me as I think if I go down to 11 stone or lower I might look a bit gaunt so I will aim towards that and stop when I feel it's right.

Have a good day all

twinklestar2 Wed 03-Apr-13 09:19:10

Wow Bambi fab result!

twinklestar2 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:51:10

Diet fail today! My dinner was horrid so I ended up having a bagel and some maltesers [sigh]

Will haul arse back on wagon AGAIN!

Menu for tomorrow

Fruit and yoghurt

Soup and salad

Beef stew

Back to cutting back carbs as it does work for me

BambieO Wed 03-Apr-13 23:04:48

Great menu for tomorrow! Don't worry about today, it's already finished smile another day another dollar, keep going!

SmellieWellies Thu 04-Apr-13 08:37:56

That is FANTASTIC Bambie! What a great result!!!!!

Weighed in and still sitting at 10 stone 10. Hmmm. never mind. i actually FEEL as if i have lost weight this week!

Menu for today

cereal, yoghurt and fruit

raw veg with homemade aubergine dip

a very small portion of shop bought tortellini and a BIG salad.

alcohol-free day today.

Will be glad to post veg meal ideas twinkle!. We are having an easy veg option today, but I am going to meal plan tonight, as usually my veg options rely a bit too much on cheese. I used to do a lovely dhal and spinach curry though. That is not low carb though.

Right- running late for work so will say bye all and have GREAT days!

twinklestar2 Thu 04-Apr-13 11:03:27

I had a veggie day yesterday smellie! But my dinner was awful, I really missed meat. I love dhal but with a mountain of rice - oops!!

Feeling good today about no carbs. Annoyed about gaining and losing the same 3lbs though. Grrr. I need to crack the 10st 11 barrier as I keep fluctuating between that and being in the 11s.

I'm also off the booze, for diet and fertility reasons.

This thread is not accepting new messages.