OI CHIEFS! OVER HERE!

(998 Posts)
buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 20-Jan-13 14:41:16

Can't link to this from old thread but thought I'd start a new one as the old one was getting full and kept crashing my kindle.

WiseKneeHair Fri 22-Feb-13 15:47:02

grin at the thought of Double at a hamster workshop. I can't remember exactly, but weren't hamsters about 2lbs, in which case Double you should have been there thinking "I've lost almost 7 of you buggers" grin
Some things make me glad I wasn't able to take any time off at half term...

DoubleMum Fri 22-Feb-13 16:12:08

I don't think these ones were 2 lbs, think I could have got quite a lot of them for my stone!

Bssh and Tiger amaz-a-bals. Blelly brilliant.

Double I seem to have days when I'm so hungry that what ever I eat it doesn't fill me up. I think it's normal and I tend to agree it's hormonal!

And I think Tiger has it. Break it down into smaller goals. There are a number of us on the thread that are at the end of our journey - but we didn't start it when the Chiefs thread started - I've had a number of goals over the last 30 months: being able wear some jeans any jeans without a bellyband on, my DS's christening, new clothes, wedding frock. Then even on this one I've split it into four phases and I only look at the short term objective not the last. This time it was 7lbs, get to "healthy" BMI, 14lbs and target. I've done three of my four (because I wanted a goal every two-three weeks) but I'm going to split that last one because it's more motivating - and when I get to target I'm going to buy myself some new bras - some of them are considerably older than my oldest child which is quite frightening as he's in secondary school blush

Good luck Wise - I'll be watching intently. And love the fact you want it all .... damn it I was told I could have it all .... so I want it too!

Tiger the pie was slightly disappointing - I went for a flakey pastry version to keep calories down and I actually I wanted a proper northern pie. Lesson learnt. I will be having a proper pie next time!

We don't do fizzy drinks either in our house either or anything with aspartame in no fruit shoots sad and if the boys do have a fizzy drink when we're out for tea we give them the full sugar version. I have very vivid memories of my Mum buying one of my baby teeth from me, putting it in a glass of coke and making me check it each day - it dissolved in what seemed like no time at all. The bottle of coke used to do it sat untouched for about six years as a result - 1970s parents never thought to throw it out!

And, apologies for not name checking, love the thought about the calorie burn for your luck being in! It has positively made my day and may make DH's later grin

But today is Friday and the weekend is here. I was meant to be going to my first MN meet up tomorrow night but DH's just got a ticket to watch England/France at Twickers so I will be on herding boy duty. Boooooo!

<snorting at the hamsters>

You could smuggle some out for us all in those loose trousers grin

DoubleMum Fri 22-Feb-13 16:25:56

Ugh, hamsters down my pants! I've gone all squirmy.
What about a Hairy Dieters pie with bread dough as the pastry? Might be worth a try, I haven't done it yet in fact I've been a bit lax about trying those recipes considering they all look so nice.
Have a quorn sausage and chorizo tomato fest in the slow cooker (just a little chorizo for the flavour) and it smells divine. Going to have it with sweet potato wedges later.

DoubleMum Fri 22-Feb-13 16:27:41

PS. My first goal is obviously the first stone, which is done. My second is 10% which will be just after my 2nd stone. After that I'm not thinking about.

DoubleMum Fri 22-Feb-13 18:45:15

Quorn sausage-chorizo-tomatoey thingy a huge hit with the children, very delicious and very easy.
I did it in the slow cooker - cut up the sausages, chopped up a bit of a chorizo ring (used about a third), added 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, carrots, some garlic and the end of a jar of caramelised onion chutney, cooked for about 4 hrs on low. Served it with gnocchi for DD and sweet potato wedges for DS & I, DH will be getting it with couscous later. I reckon it's about 250 cals for a largish portion of the stew, plus whatever you serve it with.

WiseKneeHair Fri 22-Feb-13 19:20:27

Mmm, that sounds lovely Double
We've just had modified Haory dieters beef and ale casserole. Very nice and I'm nicely full now. I have calories left for wine and chocolate later you now all know my real reason for upping them

Lizzylou Fri 22-Feb-13 20:21:34

Sounds lovely Double!

Tea I have just had too much chocolate at the cinema. Had to get through Wreck it Ralph on a Friday night somehow.

Seems I am on a night out tomorrow night, will have to be good all day and exercise. The ladies I am out with are good drinkers!

DoubleMum Fri 22-Feb-13 20:31:53

Yes I would definitely need chocolate to sit through Wreck it Ralph. Entirely understandable.
On Sunday we are going to the gorgeous Thai restaurant which has just re-opened, as guests so it will be free. It's a fantastic buffet and I know from experience I can eat a LOT of gorgeousness there. I will try to be good but we don't have money to go out much and I don't want to waste it so I'm eating what I want within reason.

BsshBossh Fri 22-Feb-13 23:01:34

Oooh, lots of lovely eating going on. I had meatballs and gravy at Ikea today which I loved but this evening DH and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at a wonderful Japanese restaurant. Truly heavenly. Birthday (not mine) lunch of fish and chips tomorrow with family then lunch out again on Sunday (MIL is here all weekend which = free childminding = lots of dates out with just DH). Basically it's another full-on eating weekend followed by Monday's usual and much needed fast.

DoubleMum Sat 23-Feb-13 08:26:27

Have a good weekend Bssh.
I've recorded a 2 lb loss even though it isn't weigh day (naughty!) because I do not want to be going up on Tuesday and it might give me an incentive to not pig out at the Thai tomorrow. I will definitely be having some of my favourite chicken massamam curry though which is full of potatoes and cashews and coconut milk ...

BsshBossh Sat 23-Feb-13 11:10:42

Well done on the loss, Double. Ooooo, that Thai food sounds yummy - enjoy!

SylviaDaisyPouncer Sat 23-Feb-13 14:34:49

Can I join you?

Really need some motivation. I keep starting MFP then stop as I either have a bad day or just think "I will add it tomorrow" then never do.

I have lost just over a stone so far, put most of it back on over Christmas then lost it again. I would like to lose 3 more stone but it seems such a mammoth task. My goal was to have done this by the summer. Hmmm.

There was a link to this thread over in chat so here I am!

juneybean Sat 23-Feb-13 14:54:43

You can do it Sylvia I'm doing mine in bite size pieces as I too have a bit to lose. I was hoping to lose 45lbs by Summer and I've done about 10lbs so far, so possibly a bit behind but still on track for a decent loss!

What sort of calorie count are you trying?

Well done Double

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Feb-13 14:58:56

Welcome welcome! I'm RandallFloyd on MFP. You should find most people's names if you scroll back through the thread.

I've got another 3 stone to go yet at least so I will be here for a while yet!

Well done Double, good luck resisting the Thai food, it's my biggest down fall. Massaman is indeed the best, with sticky rice <drools>

Paxdora Sat 23-Feb-13 15:11:07

((Steps tentatively into the room and waves hello ...

MrGeresHamster Sat 23-Feb-13 15:19:34

Hello, can I join too? Been on myfitnesspal since January 1st and have lost over a stone so far. I'm still breast feeding so not going mad and allowing myself extra calories for that... Could do with moral support in losing the rest that I need to lose (it's a lot) hmm

I'm Aesopikins on mfp...

MrGeresHamster Sat 23-Feb-13 15:23:34

I'm on itouch and can't work out how to add people other than using Facebook. Any ideas?

DoubleMum Sat 23-Feb-13 15:26:06

Hello everyone, welcome! I'll add anyone who puts up their MFP name, it really does help to get the support of these lovely people. I'm in it for the long haul too. Our favourite Chief phrase - Choose Your Hard. So for me tomorrow, it'll be hard resisting a (free) huge Thai buffet. But quite frankly it's also hard being fat.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Sat 23-Feb-13 15:27:55

Thanks for the welcome. smile

juneybean I'm aiming at 1200 cal which is fine apart from snacking! Afternoons when I'm home, and evenings when dh is on a late shift are my downfall. Need more willpower!

Will have a look and try to request on mfp. I'm SDPouncer on there.

Splitting it into small goals is a good idea. I will do that.

Hello Paxdora are you new too?

MrGeresHamster Sat 23-Feb-13 15:31:14

It's hard not to reach for the snack cupboard when full of cold...

SylviaDaisyPouncer Sat 23-Feb-13 15:44:55

The snack cupboard is always hard to resist!

I like the idea of "choose your hard" plus others seeing mfp will make me think twice about what I'm tempted to eat.

Not sure how to add people though?

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Feb-13 15:46:28

I don't need to be full of cold to find that hard!

My current favourites are sugar free jelly (8cals per portion), mikado (11cals per stick) or, if I want a proper splurge, one I learned on here is a Curlywurly - 115 cals and lasts for ages if you keep them in the fridge or freezer.

Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Feb-13 15:49:38

If you're on the app. Go to 'add using email address' you can then just put your and their MFP names in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now