OI CHIEFS! OVER HERE!

(998 Posts)
buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 20-Jan-13 14:41:16

Can't link to this from old thread but thought I'd start a new one as the old one was getting full and kept crashing my kindle.

gobbymare Mon 21-Jan-13 13:23:01

Hey hey ladies, 2lbs off today grin 5lbs so far in 2 weeks and nearly 3 stone since this time last year !!

Love catching up on other peoples updates on MFP & MN well done to all the losers & for those that have not here is to a new week and a loss.

Well done tabby thats amazing !

SW chicken curry for our tea mm mm... meringue nests with banana & fat free yoghurt for afters drooooooooools...

DoubleMum Mon 21-Jan-13 13:37:36

Well done gobby

RavenVonChaos Mon 21-Jan-13 14:00:10

So excited about curly wurlys now.

DP fell over on the ice this morning and has hurt his neck. hmm Now debating a trip to hospital confused

HeyHeySaturday Mon 21-Jan-13 14:31:07

I went out for lunch and totally scoffed. I did resist dessert though which is good. I had to estimate cals so will need to be super good for the rest of the day. This feels like a hard day even though I ate a lovely lunch confused

HeyHeySaturday Mon 21-Jan-13 14:32:14

And really well done tabby and gobby !

WiseKneeHair Mon 21-Jan-13 15:28:50

Just eaten a Ferrero Roche and wishing I hadn't. It was 60 calories and I have plenty of calories left (193 even with dinner logged in), so that's not the issue. It was ok, but just seemed like a waste. Think I'm going to have to get some Green and Blacks dark chocolate in, so I can have a proper treat instead. as well as the Curly Wurlys

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 21-Jan-13 15:34:09

Well done gobby!

Lizzylou Mon 21-Jan-13 15:59:54

Great news for us tall ones

No gym tonight due to snow so will be dragging out the Jillian Michaels DVDs this evening.

<sobs at being short>

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 21-Jan-13 16:13:56

That's fricking ossom, one more pound off and I'm officially overweight grin

GeekLove Mon 21-Jan-13 16:22:06

Think I have the beginnings of a chest infection but feel borderline. Hope to squeeze out a Jillian but this depends on how I feel after work. Bake chicken wings in coca cola gravy with veggies tonight though!

Lizzylou Mon 21-Jan-13 16:42:13

Sorry Tea!
About living in the Lancashire mill hotspot and being tall wink

BsshBossh Mon 21-Jan-13 16:43:58

Delurking to join you all as this is a fun thread! I lost 30lbs last year on Paul McKenna and logging calories in MFP but still have a stone - perhaps more - to lose. I'm on quite high calories in MFP (1800) as I love my food too much and will fall off the wagon if I eat too little (for me). I lost weight on 1800 cals last year so will stick to that for now. I exercise (cardio and weights) 4 or 5 times a week but don't eat back my exercise cals.

I completely over-eat the past week or so as DH was off work and we ate out a lot. But he's back today so I'm getting myself back on track!

Tabbykat Mon 21-Jan-13 16:45:43

Thanks for the kind words chiefs! Hope everyone managing to stay away from the crumble and custard in this horrible snow? Grapes and melons just aren't the same, somehow. Still, trudging up and down the hill to the flat road where I have to leave my car must be doing me some good.

Have lots of work today and am struggling not to reach for the chocolate along with my coffee. Should really being just focusing on writing instead of MNing but so not in the mood. Deadlines, deadlines - argh!

DoubleMum Mon 21-Jan-13 16:54:01

Honestly, are there ANY good points to being short?! I do hope by breeding with a 6 footer I have at least obtained some height for my children!
A rather boring day for the DCs who predictably enough have wanted to snack their way through it. I have managed to refrain.
Leftover chicken stew for me tonight I think.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 21-Jan-13 17:13:45

Yep, you can hide in really small places grin

DoubleMum Mon 21-Jan-13 17:57:16

Well I might be able to after I've lost all this weight at least ...

Notfootball Mon 21-Jan-13 17:57:41

Hey, if you're short with small feet you can buy children's shoes, bargainous! Going to try to squeeze my size sevens into children's Converse tomorrow.

BsshBossh Mon 21-Jan-13 18:21:11

I'm Bssh on MFP, if anyone wants to add me. I'll go through thread/s now to add you.

Lizzylou Mon 21-Jan-13 18:28:56

Tabby, that is us too. We live in a valley so have v steep climb to main road and a hairy old slipslide down again! I am trying to think of calorie burn.
Hi bssh, are you still going to do Paul McKenna?? Intrigued.

Lizzylou Mon 21-Jan-13 18:30:39

Oh and double, I have spent my entire adulthood wanting to be petite and non rugby player esque. I am rather sturdy of build.

laurenamium Mon 21-Jan-13 19:02:22

I'm really under on my calories today. Do I need to go force cereal or something down to make my numbers up or can I just leave it? I'm not very hungry!

My heights the only one that didn't change angry

DoubleMum Mon 21-Jan-13 19:45:16

Well I'm like a very short rugby player Lizzy
Lauren if you actually don't want to eat more then I wouldn't today.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 21-Jan-13 20:31:22

Right, I've heard talk of weight fluctuating during your cycle. What does that mean and when does it happen?

I came on last Thursday, the day after weighing myself and discovering my triumphant weight loss. This week I feel crap.

My diet hasn't exactly been the best but I've kept inside my goal every single day. I feel all bloated and horrible though.

Honestly I feel like everything I lost last week has gone straight back on. so I'm thinking maybe it has and last week was one of them there hormonal thingamajigs.

Pissed off though.

Well it's official - small people can't hide in small places. I was asked to hide in the box that our new scales came in and DS4 assured me, as only a 3YO can, that he can see my bottom. And I don't want children's shoes - I love heels. I just want to be tall and thin

And whilst I'm on the subject of those new fecking scales. They are shite. I've gone up multiples of pounds <sobs> but channelling my inner Mo. I will weigh again in the morning before I make it official. Fool for getting all excited and trying straight after tea

I'm a short stocky rugby player too - except I'm actually a hockey player and my thighs are something to behold. I could crack nuts with them.

Grumps off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now