Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

OI CHIEFS! OVER HERE!

(998 Posts)
buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 20-Jan-13 14:41:16

Can't link to this from old thread but thought I'd start a new one as the old one was getting full and kept crashing my kindle.

I'm not sure Bssh I don't look at them. I know there's a bit of wriggle room on 5:2 because I tend to eat about 1400 on the days after fast. So I think yesterday will be okay. I'm not expecting a massive loss this week as I suspect my binge was inspired by mirena hidden AF so am expecting to stick at about last week's weigh-in for next couple of weeks.

It's weird because I feel guilty about the bad snacking and those hot-cross buns in particular. In my head I assume a more indulgent Sunday, not Saturday and Sunday which I think is what's going to happen this weekend! Oops!

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 10-Feb-13 11:41:07

2,848 cals for me yesterday blush I had a cupboard full of Hotel Chocolat chocs. I had a cupboard full, I don't any more. I still have loads left though, and I'm feeling a lot more sensible about them today.

Had a sneaky peek last night which was encouraging, but really trying not to weigh myself every night. I'm going to skip it till Weds now.

Can't go to either my Monday swimming club or Thursday swimming lesson (DH is out Monday and I've got DD' s 5th birthday party prep to do for Saturday on Thurs and Fri). So I will try to get some extra walking in on Monday and Tuesday - which are often lazy days for me.

Herecomesbod Sun 10-Feb-13 13:38:05

Afternoon all! Hope you're all having good weekends. I was dreading weighing this morning after last night's blow-out (which may or may not have involved gin, wine and chocolate, ahem), I appear to have lost another 1lb. I think the exercise is making the difference for me, rather than the reduction in calorie intake.

buzzy I used to be a member of the Hotel Chocolat tasting club, telling myself I would only have a couple at a time. Of course it never worked like that and I just used to trough my way through half a box. Gorgeous chocs, but I've cancelled the membership now - should save us a few quid too!

Took the DCs swimming this morning. Wonder how many calories you can burn just by standing in a freezing cold changing room trying to dry a shivering toddler because some git has decided that the showers will all be set at -20. Bastards.

Tea don't beat yourself up about the binge. AF gets me that way too. I think periods make carb-troughing compulsory.

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 10-Feb-13 14:14:00

Yes yes, the tasting club! I used to be a member and did the exact same thing... somehow my visions of just having one or two after dinner never materialised! I cancelled mine for the same reason grin These ones were because I stupidly popped in to get a birthday present for a friend. I was lured in by the cheap chocs that were about to go off and by some selector ones that weren't.

Man at the counter: these have to be eaten before the end of February
Me: I don't think that'll be a problem thanks wink

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 10-Feb-13 14:19:51

Oh and Herecomesbod great news on the pound off. How many is that now?

Herecomesbod Sun 10-Feb-13 15:06:40

buzzy grin at "these have to be eaten before the end of Feb".

Have lost 9 lbs so far but would ideally like to lose another 1.5 stone. Even if I only manage a couple of lbs a month between now and returning to work in Sept I'll be more than happy, especially as am intending to continue bf until Oct. I just seem to retain weight on my boobs for ages <sigh>. DH seems to like it though, so every cloud and all that...

DoubleMum Sun 10-Feb-13 15:19:11

Not eaten yet so today is going to be a fast day. There's chilli in the slow cooker later for dinner.

WiseKneeHair Sun 10-Feb-13 18:02:18

Tea I bet even with your binge, you are under for the week. Bigger picture and all that.
I have struggled a bit this weekend and am also blaming a mirena hidden AF. I'm only under because of doing extra exercise.
I STILL have my tasting club membership and genuinely only have 3 chocolates at a time, usually at the weekend <polishes halo> I use them as an incentive to be good in the day. I have to share them with DH, so only get half a box a month. hmm

Well done Double - that as they say in the business is "Good Work Chief"

I think you're right Wise though I'm having a good go at going over it today - I just had pie for tea and cooked little blueberry bakewell tarts - jam, pastry and cake bit - from scratch and well, let's just say, they're so lovely I may have had two. I have anticipated a big Sunday afternoon though by going to the gym today and avoiding breakfast and delaying lunch so should stay within calories for the day.

It's odd that the mirena manages to suppress so much but not the occasional carb chomp and certainly not water retention. I feel really bloated again and I know - whilst I've had a bit of a set back - that I'd be feeling bigger even if I fasted all weekend.

I didn't know that hotel chocolate have a taste club membership - I'm so glad I didn't. It would be my undoing.

And buzzy step away from the scales grin

DoubleMum Sun 10-Feb-13 20:06:31

It seems to have gone OK, although still have a bit of a headache. Not sure if that's coincidence though as DD has been headachey and with a poorly tummy for a few days. Maybe not being hungry is just a symptom of that starting.

bleedingheart Sun 10-Feb-13 20:15:13

The weekends will be my undoing!
Over by 160 calories today (wine) but under by 2225 for the week, not sure how. I have been ruthless in logging everything, every day.
Everyone is doing so well, I could clear a cupboard of hotel chocolat chocolates in minutes I think. One is never enough!

BsshBossh Sun 10-Feb-13 20:53:49

Another very indulgent weekend for me - over on both days, but like you bleeding under for the week so I don't feel much guilty. Another fast day tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to giving my digestion a long break.

Anyone doing Couch to 5K? I did it a couple of years ago but gave up because of the weather and because I couldn't make the sudden transition from 8 mins running in week 4 to 20 mins running in week 5. But I think I might give it another go, this time on a treadmill (for now). Have downloaded the Get Running app and compiled a running playlist. Just need to summon the confidence to start. I think I will allow myself to repeat weeks this time round.

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 10-Feb-13 21:08:31

Tea that tasting club is BAD NEWS, seriously chief. It's like you pay them a fortune to keep you fat.

Bssh I've done Running Made Easy, which is a similar sort of programme. I also like "Run, Fat Bitch, Run" which goes at it slightly differently - you identify a course of say 4 miles and run more and more of it until you can run it all. Despite the title, it's quite a funny book.

bleeding and double good work chiefs!

Fast day tomorrow. Usually do Weds and Fri when I work, but those won't work for me this week, so Monday (while I'm off work so quite hard) it's going to have to be...

WiseKneeHair Sun 10-Feb-13 21:11:02

Well done double and bleeding being under by over 2000 calories is great.
Bssh I've also downloaded one of the C25K apps and might give it a go. I'm waiting for lighter evenings though as I am a fair weather runner. grin
I'm hungry today. I've eaten 1693 calories and only have 21 left. Yet, other days I struggle to eat 1200. hmm It's not fair. Think I might have to go to bed to stop myself from eating.

DoubleMum Mon 11-Feb-13 08:00:21

Ugh. Both children at home poorly. Bad night with DD awake. On the plus side the scales were very pleased to see me this morning, but am going to wait and see if it all jumps on again tomorrow. Once when doing SW I had a stonking 12 lb loss one week (and one week only), and the next week was gutted to see 9 lb of it go back on.
Am going to fast again tomorrow, but because I'm going away again at the weekend I'm not going to eat up to TDEE today, to save cals for the weekend. Do you think it's OK to mess about with the figures like that?

DoubleMum Mon 11-Feb-13 08:00:54

PS am impressed with all you runners. Have always been spectacularly bad at running.

Lizzylou Mon 11-Feb-13 09:57:05

Morning
Everyone is doing so well, very motivational.

I had a baad weekend of food and wine, but it was bloody fab. I did walk for over 4 hours on Saturday and went for a run yesterday, so not all bad.

I think as everyone says, if you make allowances during the week and stick with the exercise, even if it is making the effort to be more active during everyday life all should be OK.

For me this week is all about reining it in, upping exercise and watching food and drink intake. So no cooked breakfasts or cake <sob>

BsshBossh Mon 11-Feb-13 11:07:08

DoubleMum I mess with my calorie figures all the time. I've still been losing weight all year so you might be fine too. I hope your DC feel better soon. I don't think I'll be running, more like a gentle jog as I need to be careful about my knees (that's why I'm going to do it on a treadmill first for the shock absorption).

Lizzy welcome back smile

Well, eating is going to be interesting this week as our kitchen's being damp-proofed and there will be too much dust etc to use it so we'll be living on takeout and microwave meals and snacks. Fingers crossed my eating doesn't go to pot.

DoubleMum Mon 11-Feb-13 11:27:54

Thanks Bssh. In that case I think I'm going to aim for 3 fast days this week if possible, so that I can have a guilt-free time at the weekend.

Double I do two full and proper fasts on a week and a third partial fast ... so usually wait until afternoon to eat and then try to keep calories to under 1000 for the day - gives me a bit of wriggle room for a weekend pleasure. I don't do any of these back to back. I haven't dropped dead yet! I haven't felt faint or like I'm over doing it yet! I notice on the 5:2 thread there are some Intermittent Fasters who do a day's fast and a normal day, every other day. Having read through the book it all seems very flexible the scientist dude seems to have looked at various fasting approaches before settling on this one ... including 4 days no food at all shock ... so I took from the book that whilst 5:2 is the way of life they're ascribing that there are principles behind it that you can use in your own way and still get the benefits for health and weight loss even if you adapt it to suit yourself.

Am fasting today and have a recipe from the hairy dieters I will be breaking the fast with.

WiseKneeHair Mon 11-Feb-13 12:12:28

Hope your DC get better soon double and welcome back Lizzy
I'm very impressed with all you fasters. I was driving into work this morning thinking that I felt really hungry and how was I going to last until lunchtime, when I realised I hadn't had breakfast yet! I was so relieved. I can't imagine actually having to be like that all day. My lunch alone today is almost 500 cals.
Weigh day for me tomorrow and despite hidden AF, I don't feel too bloated norks are like bowling balls though and my trousers are still trying to fall down, so I'm going to weigh and hope for the best.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 11-Feb-13 12:25:35

Well the weekend was as messy as anticipated, but it was bloody fun!

Somehow managed to come in at 100 cals under for the week too. Not looking forward to weigh-day but it was totally worth it grin

DoubleMum Mon 11-Feb-13 14:13:22

Glad you had a good time Randall!
Wise I am surprised at how easy it was, I didn't imagine I could do it TBH, but I did and I will again tomorrow.
4 days with now food Tea!! <has palpitations>
I definitely seem to be less hungry today, and more in charge of my brain. Very odd. I also just watched Sugar: the Bitter Truth which was highlighted on the 5:2 threads and it's scary stuff, particularly when you think government departments must have this information. Why is a low fat diet with all this extra sugar still being put forward as the best way? Am going to try to summarise it for DS to put in his healthy eating project. And he will discover his access to sodas and even juice is going to be far more curtailed.

BsshBossh Mon 11-Feb-13 15:24:51

Welcome back Randall!

Fast day today for me and going well. No hunger pangs at all and my stomach feels calmer after the weekend's eating excesses.

I jogged ran my first (in 1.5 years that is) Couch to 5k today on the treadmill (to spare my weak knees) today. It was fab. I was quite exhilerated by it. I walked the walk bits at 6.5kph and ran the run bits at 8kph. Will try it again on Wednesday (a non-fast day).

DoubleMum Mon 11-Feb-13 16:00:44

Well done Bssh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now