Just want to lose 7lbs - why is it so hard?

(5 Posts)
Eggs Sun 20-Jan-13 18:40:30

I know deep down that I really need to reduce my portion sizes, less carbs, less sugar etc…it is just so hard.

Snowkey Sun 20-Jan-13 07:38:54

Could you give up sugar?

Eggs Sat 19-Jan-13 21:47:35

I know that cutting carbs will make a big difference, but I really have tried it and it makes me so grumpy as I really love them. I don't think that I could do it long term. It gets me into a yo yo thing as I give them up, and cross and grumpy with DH and DC and then reach my goal weight and them go back on them and in a few weeks am back to square one again - 7lbs overweight!

Miller1977 Sat 19-Jan-13 21:38:37

What carbs do you eat. For me cutting out carbs has worked. I'm 5'2 at weighed 9st9, but have lost 7lb in the last 2 and a half weeks by mainly cutting out bread, potatoes, pasta and the obvious junk food. I have 2 boiled eggs for breakfast every morning, then maybe ham salad for lunch with a yoghurt, then fish or meat for dinner with veg or salad. Good luck, keep trying you will get there.

Eggs Sat 19-Jan-13 21:14:23

I am 5'4, and 9st11lbs. I only want to lose 7 lbs, but I just never seem to be able to get these last few lbs off. I eat pretty healthily, do a strenuous bootcamp for 60 mins twice a week and run 5k twice a week but the scales never go lower than 9st 10lbs.

Can anyone suggest anything that might kick start the weightlose, I would be happy lose a lb a week to just get it down.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now