Right, who's up for a Thursday morning weight-in?

(11 Posts)
Kendodd Thu 31-Jan-13 13:06:02

Weighed myself this morning on the new scaled 10st 2lb!

Hips 40
Waist 34
Boobs 38.5 (?)

Thank you so much to the person who posted about the 5:2 diet being an eating disorder. It was the first I'd heard about the 5:2 diet and I've switched to that. It is so much easier! The first week I was on a normal 1,000- 1,200 Cal diet and it was such a miserable existence, I was hungry all the time and this hunger was stretching out in front of me for all eternity. Now when I'm on a fast day I know that I can eat normally tomorrow, much much better imo. And I'm no more hungry on the days I eat 400 cals than I was on the old diet before eating 1,200 cals a day. smile

Kendodd Thu 24-Jan-13 09:08:33

Right, old scales- 9st 13lb, new scales 10st 4lbs. That was naked straight after a big wee and poo.

Hips- 40
Waist- 34.5
Boobs- 38

It seems I have lost some weight, I just wish I knew how much, I'm going to go with the new scales from now on.

Kendodd Wed 23-Jan-13 09:38:56

Sorry for worlds most dull post up there grin

Kendodd Wed 23-Jan-13 09:38:19

Depressing news sad

I bought some new scales on Monday because I didn't really trust the scales I have. The scales I already had were showing about a 5lb loss on Monday, the new scales showed 10st7lb. I think I was even heavier than I thought I was.

I think the diet is going well though, in that I feel hungry all the time so that's got to mean something doesn't it? I have never really been on a diet before, I'm 43. Hoping my stomach will shrink soon and I won't be so hungry. I remember when I was young I would sometimes go for up to three days without eating a single thing, by the time I did eat my stomach had shrunk and i couldn't eat a massive amount. I want that again!

I am going to move my food diary to the other site (thanks for that smiles).

How long have you been dieting eggs?

I was talking to somebody a few days ago who said she weighs herself every day so that if she starts to put on weight she can tackle it straight away. When I've lost some weight that's going to be my plan.

Kendodd Tue 22-Jan-13 15:22:59

Thanks for that, I have opened an account with them.

Yesterday I ate-
1 banana
sandwich- 2 slices brown bread (thin spread of mayo on one slice), very thin sliced brie, tomato, lettuce.
Pork casserole with mash and peas, normal (not small) size portion.
Plus, 1 very small roast potato and piece of pork left over from the children's tea and a lick of the cream spoon.

This is my downfall! Finishing off the DC's left overs must stop.

Today so far I have had-
1 glass of smoothie
1 banana
1 slim-a-soup

I am planning to have vegetable lasagne with salad, plus as always, lots of coffee for dinner.

Itwillendinsmiles Sun 20-Jan-13 16:23:17

Re. your OP

www.myfitnesspal.com is a free site where you can record your weight, measurements, exercise and food. And yes, you can see your weight loss on a graph!

Kendodd Sun 20-Jan-13 15:07:05

Yesterday I also had-

1 satsuma
1 poached egg on toast.

Today so far I have had-

Handful of blueberries
Glass of smoothie
Half of one Weetabix with semi skimmed milk (dd2's left overs)
Roast pork dinner with crackling, roast pots, broccoli, carrots and gravy followed by (very small) apple crumble and custard (oh dear, blush) Smaller portion than I would normally have but still a lot, dh cooked.

I think it's ok though, I plan to just have a slim-a-soup thing this evening.

I'm glad I started this thread as a diet diary, hopefully it will keep me motivated.

freerangeeggs Sun 20-Jan-13 12:02:28

I do my weigh in on a Friday morning, because that way if its bad then I'll still be cheerful since it's Friday smile

I'm 10st 7 this week, down from 10st 8.25 last week. 1.25lb loss. Wooo

Kendodd Sat 19-Jan-13 15:42:11

So far today I have had-

Small handful of blueberries
Glass of smoothie
Home made vegetable lasagne with salad and very small piece of bread
Lots of coffee

Kendodd Fri 18-Jan-13 20:20:19

Decided to keep a food diary as well.

Yesterday-
1 1/2 bananas
1 apple
2 slim-a-soup instant soups
sandwich- 2 slices brown bread (thin spread of mayo on one slice), very thin sliced brie, tomato, lettuce.
White fish dusted in flower and shallow fried in some olive oil, some potato and peas.
Several cup of coffee with skimmed milk
1/2 can diet coke
Pinch (little finger nail size) of cheese.

Today-
Cereal bar (190 cals)
Small sushi (190 cals)
Handful of blueberries
2 small slices of a thin french stick, with butter blush
Small portion of ravioli with tomato sauce.
1 apple
Can diet coke
Several cups of coffee.

Kendodd Thu 17-Jan-13 10:58:16

I'll start

Weight- 10st 7lb
Hips 41
Waist 35
Boobs 39

I'm shock and ashamed by that, I'm only 5ft 2in. I'm setting a target of 9st 7lb.

I need to do something about it right now, even if I'm the only person who joins this thread hopefully seeing it on here will help. Anyone know of a (free) site with a chart you can plot and save your weight on? Hopefully see the line going down.

I'm off to clean the bathrooms and walk the dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now