aww feck, just worked out I need to lose 3 stone to be "normal"!!!!

(8 Posts)
ppeatfruit Fri 22-Feb-13 13:30:51

See you there grin!

amck5700 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:29:02

Great ppeafruit, I'll take a look. Apart from the odd diet ready meal which is handy because I've been doing the c25k and not eating until after everyone else wants dinner, I've been eating normal food, just a bit less of oit and a bit healthier stuff. I think I have been a bit more active and it is leaving less time for boredom and snacking.

ppeatfruit Fri 22-Feb-13 13:17:08

Please look at our Paul Mckenna thread I've lost my target just under 3 stone weight and am MAINTAINING it's about HOW and WHY you eat (no clubs or diet food or anything its a WOE) and its easy believe me grin

amck5700 Fri 22-Feb-13 10:44:29

Now at 14st 8lb - getting near to that golden 1st stone off - 18 weeks until holidays - if I can keep up the 3 pounds every 2 weeks then I should be down to about 12 st 9lb - that would be pretty good going - it's a target though and really. anything under 13 would be an achievement.

amck5700 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:14:03

How are you getting on DrSeuss? I am now at 14st 11lb and week 4 of the c25k - happy that it is coming off smile I've got 20 weeks until my holidays. I reckon I have 33-35 pounds to go to get within the normal category. I'd be really happy with 30lbs off by my holiday so have set that as my target.

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 12:59:46

sounds good Dr smile

I started that couch to 5k NHS thing last week but can't go at it too hard as I have dodgy knees/hip and I currently weigh 15 stone 4lb. I am 5'10 so "normal" seems to start (or end?) at 12 stone 4. Eeek. I have a wii/wii fit and loads of other fit type things but just have never stayed the distance with any of them.

I am 46 and have a very sedentary job (sometimes I on't get of my seat at all for 6 hours) and have either finished or coming to the end of menopause - that's when the weight piled on.

My main issue is lack of moving about and portion size......and snacking on chocolate in the evenings. I had a couple of those M&S fuller longer meals as they were on a deal. They were actually surprisingly filling and tasty but I suspect that they are not that healthy - the salt content looked quit high.

I've had a bowl of porridge this morning and am actually still quite full - normally I have stuffed my lunch in by now. Maybe that's a good one - think it was under 250 calories.

I tend to plate myself up as much as my OH who is 6'2 and has an active job - that's my issue right there I think. sad - well, as well as the chocolate!!

Are you using the book or going it alone? Could maybe do with some family friendly recipes from somewhere.

DrSeuss Wed 16-Jan-13 12:41:27

I also need to lose 3 stone and would be happy to be your Porker Pal! I plan to just cut out treats, eat fruit, veg, lean protein and some carbs. There's a book called the DASH diet which promotes a similar plan. I have bought Zumba DVDs as I hate gyms and dislike looking a wobbly prat at classes. Also, the cost of all those classes adds up. Weight Watchers is pricey too.
Shall we just get our butts in gear together then?

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 12:26:04

Do I need to join a diet club or can I do this by cutting out the crap and moving a bit more??? If so, how long will it take?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now