Week 2 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - Half way there!

(996 Posts)
BigStickBIWI Mon 14-Jan-13 08:38:07

Sorry to be a bit late this morning - no doubt you're all chomping at the bit to declare all on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Thenightsky and Ruprekt - posted on the other thread
Have you tried Parmesan crisps?
Bake little piles of Parmesan/ strong cheddar in the oven and allow to cool

Crunchy, tasty and low carb

Bessie123 Fri 18-Jan-13 21:57:45

Can I just pop back one more time to confirm that shirataki noodles are NOT nice with curry. It is not 'fusion cuisine', it is disgusting and weird. Bleurgh.

MrsHoolie Fri 18-Jan-13 21:59:27

I'm getting a bit sick of eggs for breakfast. I want to lose two stone and would love to introduce some FF yogurt for breakfast as it will be easier to stomach.

Also,I'm just not that hungry but need to eat something I think.

Lots of people seem to be having yogurt so I might go for it....?

Doshusallie Fri 18-Jan-13 22:00:42

Ff yog a staple of a low carb plan mrs hoodie. Y the reluctance?

Doshusallie Fri 18-Jan-13 22:01:06

Hoolie

That's what I have and I have lost a lot of weight but more importantly body shape

Full fat Greek yoghurt - when on Bootcamp light I add a few berries too

If you have same thing every day you are bound to get bored. Mix it up a bit

prettybird Fri 18-Jan-13 22:23:30

I've been alternating boiled eggs/omelette with FF Lidl yoghurt for breakfast. I also occasionally have a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt if I feel the need for a "dessert".

prettybird Fri 18-Jan-13 22:25:34

Oh - and since I started Boot Camp last Monday, my belt has gone in two notches! shockgrin

MrsHoolie Fri 18-Jan-13 22:36:03

I thought yogurt wasn't allowed til Bootcamp light?

Am also roughly following the IPD which says no yogurt til phase 2.

Bugger it...I am going to go and get some from Lidl tomorrow.

Thanks

Valdeeves Fri 18-Jan-13 22:38:37

I'm bored of eggs too, alternating with yoghurt but might just try and skip breakfast if I can so I don't have to worry about them.
This diet has taught me so much about my relationship with food.
I never realised how much I use it just for entertainment - when there's nothing to do - I eat! Today I have been bored alot on and on a snow day we'd normally have loads of hot chocolate and treats. I really missed that today!
I am struggling I'll be honest - I really miss the variety and I am cooking up different recipes every night but I really miss carbs. Tonight I made salmon and prawn marinade from the recipe thread with stir fry. I sooooo wanted noodles and prawn crackers!!
I need to lose some more weight to keep me motivated I think xxxx

Mrs Hoolie

Fill your boots!!

Valdeeves- try reading more about the science and health benefits if this WOE, that might help if you are wavering

BigStickBIWI Fri 18-Jan-13 22:49:44

Look. This is Bootcamp. It isn't Atkins. It isn't IPD. It isn't South Beach. It isn't Charles Clark.

There are ten, very specific rules of Bootcamp, which are specific to Bootcamp.

The thinking behind them is to make a low carb WOE (way of eating) very straightforward and easy to follow.

If you try and combine what we are doing here with other eating plans/diets, you are only making life more complicated for yourself.

Just follow Bootcamp and you will be fine.

SavoirFaire Fri 18-Jan-13 22:52:18

Thanks for birthday wishes. Had a lovely evening. Did have some wine. I have not had any cake <polishes halo> although I did just have a no salt no sugar rice cake with peanut butter as it is the one thing I've been seriously craving all boot camp. DH used the excuse to eat 3 chocolate truffles. THREE. My entire evening nearly fell to pot because our usual babysitter couldn't get here because of snow and because they're a bit soft frankly. Our AMAZING neighbours stepped in at the last minute. Reminding me once again while I will never again be moving house.

Back on wagon firmly tomorrow. DH and I have discussed that we are going to try and do the whole 8 weeks of bootcamp light. This is where I fell off the wagon last time because I didn't have the RL kick-up the arse support to keep going. Am actually feeling quite excited about it!

Ruprekt Fri 18-Jan-13 22:56:06

<hangs head in shame for whinging about crackers and annoying BIWI>

Ruprekt - did you try cheesy crisps?
Kale in the oven is just like seaweed too

Lovely of your dh to compliment the spreadsheet ruprekt but sadly I can't take full credit - the v clever fiddledefat created it and I just fiddle about with it now that she doesn't do it any more!

Have introduced my mum to braised cabbage this evening. She loved it! I have discovered that I prefer it jut made with butter and without the cream

BigStickBIWI Fri 18-Jan-13 22:59:23

grin
You didn't annoy me, Ruprekt!

There is also a cracker recipe on the ibreatheimhungry blog for flaxseed rosemary and Parmesan crackers which are excellent with cheese. Prob don't want to have too many of them though as they do have a carb value and flaxseed has a laxative effect in large quantities too! Also some (me included) have found that they can stall weight loss a bit

TheEarlyBird Sat 19-Jan-13 07:18:11

Sorry BigStick - just to clarify. Full fat plain yoghurt/Greek yoghurt is ok?

Yes early bird but check the carb counts - total full fat Greek yoghurt is generally accepted as ok as is I think a lidl yoghurt

frenchfries22 Sat 19-Jan-13 08:20:36

Bessie I could have written your post, I also miscarried at Christmas at 11 weeks and had an ERPC three weeks ago and my hormones are all over the place this week, i'm not making it any easier by working myself up over anticipating my first period either. I found when I returned back to work i had two good weeks really feeling myself again and now my hormones seem to have gone haywire and I'm finding it quite a struggle. I also have a 2 yo which is a great distraction and trying to be as positive as possible but there are still some crappy days, i am finding this woe very helpful and feeling better about myself - if only the hormones could balance a bit and I could stop feeling tearful about silly things!! Sending you lots of support

EwanHoozami Sat 19-Jan-13 08:31:04

I'm suspecting that there's a buyer at Lidl following this thread. I went on Thurs and they had celeriac, cauliflower and white cabbage on offer and they'd doubled the shelf space for their mega-yoghurt.

earlybird aim for a yog with 10% fat and a carb count of less than 4 if possible.

Frenchfries sad sorry to hear about your loss too. Christmas is a really rubbish time for it too because of all the forced jolliety and having to make it all wonderful for the other DC. Hugs to both of you thanks

Am down nearly another two pounds this week (so nearly five in total) and happy with that as I don't have too much to lose (just ten pounds - though BIWI is inspiring me to try and go further maybe and aim for nine stone, which I haven't been since I married ten years ago.

Penny also how much you have to lose will affect how quickly you lose, but personally I think you've done brilliantly and can't hope for much quicker than that.

GinotPrigio Sat 19-Jan-13 08:42:19

Hi everyone, I've not posted in a few days and was feeling a bit despondent and didn't want to just come on to moan! Its Day 19 for me and my weight has been the same for about 9 days. But I've accepted now that I can't expect weight loss every day or even every other day and am going to focus more on how my clothes feel. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans yesterday that would have cut the circulation off to my thighs before!

I've been trying to avoid cheese and cream the last few days to shift my stall but we went out for a curry last night so that went out the window! Poppadoms are my weakness and I could easily munch my way through 6 or 7 but I resisted. Also avoided the rice and nan and instead had a yummy prawn tikka massala and some sag paneer. I may also have had two glasses of red wine (ducks from BIWI and her big stick wink )

Is anyone recording their progress with pictures. I took some pictures last week and think I will take new ones every week. It will be nice to have a visual reference!

In other news it is 10 weeks today to MY WEDDING!!! Eeeeek! I am simultaneously excited and scared sh*tless at the same time!

BigStickBIWI Sat 19-Jan-13 08:45:54

Frenchfries - sad sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Sadly it is so common - much more than I think we realise/appreciate. All I can say is make sure you look after yourself, and let yourself grieve in any way that you need to.

Ginot - eeeek!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now