Week 2 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - Half way there!

(996 Posts)
BigStickBIWI Mon 14-Jan-13 08:38:07

Sorry to be a bit late this morning - no doubt you're all chomping at the bit to declare all on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

NoelHeadbands Thu 17-Jan-13 22:31:03

Well the not wishing for snow went well hmm

B - ham and cheese Thing
L - err nowt, cos breakfast was a bit let
T - gammon, fried egg and low carb bubble and squeak

Bessie I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage- it can take a while for your hormones to get back in kilter, so take it real easy x

NellVarnish Thu 17-Jan-13 22:32:24

Just checking in with my daily menu ...

B: In a rush and planned to have it at break and then was busy so didn't have any (curiously not hungry either)
L: celery, pate, Philly, creamy courgett & bacon soup
D: sausages and celeriac chips

About 2.5L water, two coffees and a Berocca

Will be back tomorrow to catch up on all your news. Hope everyone is doing ok, and you've battened down the hatches in preparation for the severe 2cm snow weather ahead. grin

halfthesize Thu 17-Jan-13 22:33:08

Bessie so sorry for your losssad

BIWI crackling in the microwave, absolutely geniousgrin

dinner was pork chops cooked with chilli, garlic and lime served with green beans and butter, was yummysmile

Bessie123 Thu 17-Jan-13 22:33:19

Thankyou, gless. I only had the erpc 3 weeks ago tomorrow, so I don't think I'm due on yet, I don't know how long it takes after these things but I definitely feel hormonal. I haven't had a migraine for years though.

All mad at work with contingency planning. Manchester inner city will get approx 1 cm - trust me

Bess, I know my cycle was defo shorter to start with on LC which I struggled with as the reason for coil was due to horrendous periods.

Take it easy - I would imagine your hormones are still up and down.

BigStickBIWI Thu 17-Jan-13 22:39:10

Oh Bessie sad I'm so sorry to hear about that.

I had a missed miscarriage and ERPC, but it was such a long time ago now (18 years), I can't remember what it was like afterwards. I do know that I conceived DS2 very quickly after that, though, if that is any consolation.

Migraines are definitely related to hormones. I only ever suffered from them during my first pregnancy, from about week 11 to week 18.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

NellVarnish Thu 17-Jan-13 22:45:37

Oh Bessie sad - [hugs]

Bessie123 Thu 17-Jan-13 22:53:07

Thankyou all for the kind messages <tearful again>. I will have a word and pull myself together. And take it easy. And lay off the cooked cream in dinners, it's starting to make me feel sick.

Rambling, but there was a chromosomal problem with the baby and not my first mc so waiting for tests on the foetus to see if there is a reason behind it all. I'm trying just to get on with things in the meantime and losing the baby weight from when I had ds (now 2) is part of that - getting back to being myself again. And trying not to wallow.

NoelHeadbands Thu 17-Jan-13 23:03:55

No need to pull yourself together Bessie. That must have been a really shit Christmas for your family. Hope you're on track for a much brighter new year

NoelHeadbands Thu 17-Jan-13 23:04:27

And thinner also, eh wink

Jacaqueen Thu 17-Jan-13 23:05:29

Wallow all you want Bessie.

Take care

Yup wallow away- that's what we are here for. You are definitely allowed
In fact I think we should amend Bootcamp rules

This woe will help to rebalance you though ime

Bessie I'm so sorry to hear that sad I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks, day before my scan was due. I hope the checks go ok, must be so worrying on top of being so traumatic.

I should think your hormones are all over the place still, mine certainly were.

Take care of yourself and have lots of early nights and relaxing baths/showers.

NoveltySlippers Fri 18-Jan-13 00:01:33

Just checking in before bed - Bessie, I was so sorry to read that. sad I really hope you're okay. thanks

timidviper Fri 18-Jan-13 00:13:55

Bessie So sorry to hear that. I agree this can make your hormones mad. I am 52 and had had 10 months without a period so was thinking "Woohoo! Menopause here I come!" when......guess what! Back to square 1.

BIWI I have to disagree about losing weight proportionately. I lose it as though I have a slow puncture in my feet! First of all people tell me my face looks thinner, then my decolletage, then my boobs shrink and so on. I look like a weeble after a while!

Valdeeves Fri 18-Jan-13 00:25:36

Thanks for all the birthday wishes ladies!!

Bessie - how are you feeling now? A little better?

Still got the big tummy too but am quite impressed by my small appetite.
See you tomorrow !

(Pork scratchings - heaven in a small sport bag)

Valdeeves Fri 18-Jan-13 00:26:08

Paper bag! (Sp checker!)

ScillyCow Fri 18-Jan-13 06:53:54

CHecking in,

SO sorry Bessie. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Still doing fine , but have lost my appetite completely.

Not thinking about food at all. Not hungry. It is a revelation.

All these years I thought there was something wrong with ME, when there was something wrong with the processed, so-called 'lite' crap I was eating to try to lose weight.

Lost another 2lbs so far this week I think. Slowing down a bit but I'm expecting a big drop over the next few days (that is how it seems to go for me....

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 18-Jan-13 07:03:41

Oh big hugs Bessie X

Morning all brew

<passes out hot carb free, yet surprising lovely drinks>

Keep warm everyone!

No weight loss here since Monday, but I need to drink more and stick with it, possibly eat more fat. (Thinking what BIWI would say smile )

Mornin Pistey

Off rowing this morning?

Weight loss slows down now - have you measured

(Channels BIWI )

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 18-Jan-13 07:18:02

Actually I do have a tape measure!

I shall do that when DC are out of the way, or once again they will be hmm

Fortunately no rowing although DD is going tomorrow, it is a race and it is on. She will be fiiiiiiiiine as they use so much energy. I will be frozzzzzed watching.

sybilfaulty Fri 18-Jan-13 07:18:08

Morning all

Bessie, very sorry about your MC. I think the hormonal chaos shouldn't be underestimated, so take it easy and be very kind to yourself.

I have had a terrible week workwise but good on the food. Only 1 tiny fall off into a square of choc, caused by 2 14 hour days on the trot and extreme fatigue. Must. Try. Harder. Sorry everyone. It was only 1 square and didn't make me feel better or anything but I was too tired to resist. Lots of water and good fats.

I weighed and was 3lb off on MOnday but could not make the SOF work. Would anyone who is in the area be able to add me please?

Have a great day everyone and wrap up well.

BigStickBIWI Fri 18-Jan-13 07:31:48

Oh sybil - I'm amazed that it was only one square! I'll add the spreadsheet data for you.

BigStickBIWI Fri 18-Jan-13 07:38:15

As we move into week 2, one of the rules that is relaxed is rule one - i.e. that you must eat three meals a day. The reason for insisting in Bootcamp that you do that is to ensure that we have stabilised our blood sugar levels and, hopefully, you are no longer feeling so hungry, and much less need to snack between meals. (You may also find that you have been struggling to eat sometimes - bet you never thought that would happen on a diet!)

With this in mind, you may consider missing breakfast - it's often a meal people struggle with. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on at the moment about fasting - intermittent fasting or 5:2 eating.

Have a read of this piece

The combination of low carbing with intermittent fasting could be a very potent one, given that low carbing controls our appetite/hunger levels.

Personally, I find it much easier to miss breakfast than to try and do the calorie-controlled days (two days at 500 calories). I tried the latter before Christmas, when the first 5:2 thread started here. I realised pretty quickly that it wasn't for me, because instead of enjoying the 'eat anything you like' days, I started obsessing about how many calories I was eating/could eat/had left for the day. I have vowed never to do that to myself again, so decided 5:2 probably wasn't for me. Also, the great joy of this WOE, IMVHO, is being able to relax and simply enjoy good food.

Anyway - have a read and see what you think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now