Can you ever lose the twin belly?

(7 Posts)
bluerememberedthrills Sun 13-Jan-13 21:27:28

Twins are 18 months old and I just about have the energy to start to diet & exercise now.

But I'm just jelly from ribs to hips. Is there any remedy? Or is it baggy jumpers for ever more?

Any bikini-wearing mothers of twins?

I am late thirties, which may not help.

SteppingOnLego Sun 13-Jan-13 21:32:17

Yes ... and no. I have a 6 year old twins and a flat stomach with visible muscles. BUT I also have pretty bad stretchmarks (I know they fade but still visible) and wrinkly skin with a bit of a flap. I think when it stretches that far there's no going back to how it was. So no bikinis!

By the way I think you're doing well if they are only 18 months. Mine were 3 before I surfaced and decided I'd better get in shape again.

RandomMess Sun 13-Jan-13 21:33:55

I am small and had a huge singleton, nope the crepey skin and flappy overhang is here to stay I think sad

bluerememberedthrills Sun 13-Jan-13 21:48:53

stepping well done you! How did you do it? As for the stretch marks and crepe, well I never like bikinis anyway.

random I suspect you might be right. But i have got to at least lose some of the flab even if the skin stays bad.

SteppingOnLego Mon 14-Jan-13 14:00:07

Lost the fat by not eating crap and going low carb which I have kept up to this day. Got the tone back initially with pilates (I had a big gap between my abdominal muscles) then on to 30 day shred. No time for gyms so stuck to dvds.

You may not get the skin tone back but you'll look better in clothes!

bluerememberedthrills Mon 14-Jan-13 16:46:11

willpower of iron as well as abs of steel then?
I'll look at the shred threads, I too have no time or inclination to go to the gym.

forevergreek Mon 14-Jan-13 17:21:47

Fast walk with twins in a baby jogging buggy. Pushing double the weight means double the excercise! Hour a day if poss.
Shred DVD at home
Yoga DVD at home ( all can be done with babies in tow)

Swimming. In the eve if partner at home, or somewhere with a crèche for babies for an hour if available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now