No idea how to tackle this...

(5 Posts)
Woolfey Fri 11-Jan-13 18:04:04

To cut a long story short I've identified my diet downfall and it's around 2/3pmish. I am very sleep deprived (1yr & 2yr olds) and simply cannot whatever I do avoid eating for energy in the afternoon. It's fine if my DD's nap at the same time (hardly ever!) so I can get a nap too, then I seem to be able to stick to my diet for the day.

I've tried eating nuts & fruit in the afternoon but it just doesn't seem to work. If I don't have a high sugar snack I'm a horrible monster for the rest of the day. I've tried going out for a walk at that time but it's my DD's nap time at 2pm so if they don't nap they don't sleep properly at night which equals more sleep deprivation. I've got 2 stone to lose, all baby weight. I'm already going to bed stupidly early to try and get more sleep and just don't know what else to try. I'm thinking someone else must have been in this situation too and might have some tips?

eilonwy Fri 11-Jan-13 19:20:01

What about a couple of spoonfulls of honey? Very sweet, and good for you. Or a slice of honey on toast. Or small bowl of porridge and some honey.

Are you able to go out at this time of day? If you're able to take the babes out in a double buggy the walking will take your mind off the food, and more exercise will motivate you and help you work off any extra snacks. hth

Woolfey Fri 11-Jan-13 20:16:41

Thanks for posting, I'll try toast & honey, didn't think of that.

I can't take them out then as I have a single buggy with DD1 on a step and they both need to nap sad I've been taking them to the park straight after lunch and running about with them hoping that will help.

eilonwy Sun 13-Jan-13 21:11:45

I think that's great (the park) and it will definitely help, any exercise will. If you need a sugary snack I would just have one and enjoy it, as if you don't, you will just obsess about food and probably eat more, then before the sugar converts to fat, do a little exercise to work off. Run up and down stairs, or do stretches with one of babies - sit ups (babe can sit on belly) lol, or follow the leader, or anything silly - dance like nobody's watching - toddler will love that!! I can see how difficult it is for you to exercise if you can't take them out together. (Maybe you could find a doublebuggy on netmums for free or cheap- or borrow one).

hazchem Sun 13-Jan-13 21:24:25

Would you be ingested in low carb? I all because since starting low car. I have more energy and don't get UHF 3 pm slump our the 8 pm snack attack. Check out bootcamp thread if you want to have a try. Being tired sucksgrin grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now