Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

2013 Weight Watchers Over Here! Recipe Thread.

(32 Posts)
SallyBear Fri 11-Jan-13 16:38:40

I thought that seeing as we are all doing such a lot of cooking that it would be a good idea to have a recipe thread.
So post your recipe here and then link to this page on the main 2013 Weight watchers over here! thread.
Happy cooking!! grin

LondonJax Wed 01-May-13 21:38:54

Carrot and Coriander soup from Weightwatchers Pure Points cookbook(even DS, aged 6, scoffs this one!)- 0 points per serving

Low fat cooking spray
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1kg (2lb 4oz) carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1.2 litres (2 pints)chicken or vegetable stock
1 packet of fresh coriander, including roots, rinsed, drained and chopped (I have used dried coriander and it's fine)
salt and pepper

Heat a large non stick pan and spray with low fat cooking spray, stir fry onions for 5 mins until softened (add a little water if they stick)

Add carrots, stock and the chopped roots and stalks of the coriander (keep the tops back). Add salt and pepper

Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender

Add the rest of the coriander and liquidise in batches. Return to the pan to warm through. Check the seasoning.

It says in the recipe that freezing is not recommended but I've always frozen the soup with no problem.

jazzcat28 Fri 29-Mar-13 12:26:45

Butternut Squash & Bacon Risotto stolen from Slimming World!
Serves 4, 6pp per serving

1 leek, washed and finely chopped
4 rashers bacon with fat trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
255g/9oz dried risotto rice
1 butternut squash, cut into small bite-sized pieces
852ml/1 and half pint boiling hot chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp finely chopped chives

1. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and bacon and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.

2. Add the garlic, rice and butternut squash and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add a ladleful of the boiling stock and stir and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat adding a ladleful at a time, until half the stock is used up.

3. Continue to cook in this way until all the stock is used up and the rice is creamy and al dente (tender but still retaining a bite), and the squash is tender. This should take about 20-25minutes.

4. Remove from the heat, season well and stir in the chopped chives. Serve ladled into warmed bowls and eat immediately.

SallyBear Wed 13-Mar-13 13:43:15

One Pan Chicken Couscous

Spray oil (or 5ml sunflower/olive oil)
I onion thinly sliced
200g chicken breast diced
Good chunk of root ginger grated
1-2tsp Harissa paste
10 dried apricots
220g can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
200g couscous
200ml hot chicken stock
Handful coriander, chopped to serve

Spray oil a large lidded frying pan, and cook the onion for 1-2 mins until just softened. Add the chicken and stir fry for 7-10 minutes until cooked through and the onions have turned golden. Add the grated ginger, stir through the Harissa paste to coat everything and cook for another minute.
Tip in the apricots, chickpeas and couscous. Then pour over the stock and stir once. Cover with a lid and leave for 5 minutes until all the couscous has soaked up the liquid and is soft.
Fluff up the couscous with a fork, and sprinkle with the chopped coriander. Then eat!!!

OhTheConfusion Mon 11-Mar-13 10:04:51

Lightly spiced butternut squash soup.
Servers 6 to 8. I count it as 0pp as there are only 2pp in the entire recipe!

1/2 butternut squash peeled, de-seeded and cubed (marks and sparks sell them in halfs all peeled and ready grin)
1 tsp medium curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garm masala
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayene pepper
spray oil
500ml chicken or veg stock (made with 1 stock cube)
1 tbs 0% fat natural yogurt

Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
Mix all the spices together and toss through the squash. Spread over a non stick baking tray and spray over with oil. Roast for roughly 45 min until soft and slightly browned.

Tip roasted squash into soup pot and cover with the stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20min. Blitz the soup until smooth then stir in the yogurt.

OhTheConfusion Mon 11-Mar-13 09:50:21

Special treat cheat pavlova!
Serves 5. 5pp per serving.

1 tub of mini meringues (I used sainsburys bakery ones)
1 tub of WW double cream
1 funsize packet of milkybar buttons
250g strawberries (chopped)

Edge a dinner plate with the individual meringues (I made them 2 deep and used 20 in total). Bash the chocolate buttons and remaining meringue with a a rolling pin then add the chopped strawberries and cream. Swirl together then pour into the centre of the meringue lined plate.

Can keep in the fridge for upto 12hrs before serving.... seriously yum!

jazzcat28 Wed 06-Mar-13 20:06:47

Spinach Cannelloni

Serves: 2
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Points per serving: 7pp

8 cannelloni tubes
A few basil leaves, torn
2 level tbsps grated Parmesan cheese

for the Filling:
227g/8oz fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
227g/8oz fat-free natural cottage cheese
freshly grated nutmeg
1 egg yolk
salt and ground black pepper

for the Sauce:
426ml/¾pt passata
pinch of sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and ground black pepper

1. To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander, pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the liquid.

2. Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.

3. Mix the passata, sugar, garlic and seasoning together and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200C°/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.

Nicked from Slimming World but tastes yummy, large portions and feels indulgent served with a big salad and a slice of garlic bread if you have the points!

ethelb Wed 27-Feb-13 20:31:25

I know WW cake recipes are famously gopping, but made these today adn they are delish.

4pp for a fairly sizeable chunk of flapjack, and one of your 5 (should be 8) a day!

www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=54505

SallyBear Wed 20-Feb-13 13:57:16

Orange Tarragon Chicken

10ml of sunflower oil
8 skinless chicken thighs
I onion chopped
1 clove of garlic crushed
100g mushrooms quartered
125ml of chicken stock
500ml orange juice
Seasoning
1 heaped tablespoon of dried tarragon
1 heaped tablespoon of reduced fat creme fraiche
1 dessert spoon of Cornflour to thicken the sauce

Method
Heat non stick pan and add oil. Seal the chicken pieces to add colour and place in a casserole dish. Fry off the onion and garlic until soft but not brown.
In casserole dish, add the stock and orange juice, the quartered mushrooms and finally add the tarragon and seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
Cover the dish with foil and the lid. Cook in a moderate oven 150degrees C for about an hour.
Remove the chicken and vegetables from the liquid. Let the liquid cool slightly. Mix up the cornflour and creme fraiche together and stir into the sauce. Turn on the heat and stir until thickened. Return the chicken and vegetables to the sauce. Serve with rice or potatoes.

I think that it works out at roughly 11 points per person if having 2 thighs or just having 1 thigh per person it would be 6 points per serving.

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 20-Feb-13 12:04:33

Just need to mark as keep losing this one..

jazzcat28 Thu 07-Feb-13 21:08:13

spicy king prawn spaghetti
Serves 2, 12pp each (or 9pp each if using 120g of dried pasta)

240g pack of king prawns (5pp)
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 chilli, chopped
Lime
180g dry pasta (18pp)

Cook spaghetti

In another pan, gently fry onions, garlic, chilli in Fry Light. Add prawns for 2-3 minutes, then add chopped tomatoes and simmer to reduce. Squeeze juice of lime in to taste.

Mix into cooked pasta.

mrsv2 Thu 07-Feb-13 12:05:19

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1364/spicy-root-and-lentil-casserole

this is tea tonight......recipe serves 4 and 1 portion is 8pp plus the yoghurt which makes the dish tasty so i wouldnt miss it out.

mrsv2 Wed 06-Feb-13 20:19:44

beef Goulash
1lb stewing steak
1tbspn plain flour
2 onions
1 red pepper
3 cloves garlic
2 tspn smoked paprika
1 tin tomatoes
300ml beef stock
chopped parsly

to serve
sour cream

coat beef in flour and brown in a little oil, remove from pan and soften onion, pepper and garlic before adding back the meat. Add paprika, tomatoes and stock and simmer ( or stick in the oven) for 2hrs. add parsley to serve.

Recipe tracker states 15pp for the recipe and i reckon serves 3 decently. 1tspn sourcream is 0pp but goes to 1pp if you have more.

jazzcat28 Tue 05-Feb-13 20:11:48

Sort of ham and mushroom tagliatelle
Serves 1, 10pp (or 8pp with 60g pasta)

50g low fat soft cheese
30g wafer thin ham, chopped
half an onion, chopped
5 or 6 mushrooms, chopped
Frylight
80g dried tagliatelle
Dried mixed herbs

Boil a saucepan of salted water. Add pasta and cook to packet instructions. Drain, catching some of the remainder of the cooking water in a cup/jug

Spray a non stick saucepan with fry light and gently fry the onions and mushrooms until soft.

In the saucepan you cooked the pasta, add 100ml of the cooking water back into the pan, and stir in the soft cheese over a low heat until the sauce goes creamy. Add the onions, mushrooms, ham and herbs. Mix this sauce into the cooked pasta.

OhTheConfusion Mon 04-Feb-13 14:08:41

Chicken, Leek and Potato Soup. Serves 10. 1pp per serving.

300g potatoes - chopped into small pieces
2 onions - chopped
5 leeks - sliced
2 carrots - grated
60g leftover roast chicken - torn
2.2 litres of chicken stock made up using 4 stock cubes
Black pepper
Low fat spray oil

Gently fry the onions in 5 sprays of oil for 3-4min.
Add leeks and 200ml of stock and gently sweat on a low heat for 3-4min.
Add grated carrot, potatoes, chicken and remaining stock. Season with pepper. Gently simmer for 35min.

OhTheConfusion Sun 03-Feb-13 22:28:47

Seafood Linguine (serves 2. 8pp's per serving)

100g Prawns
10 small scallops
20g Parmesan
200g cherry tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 small bag of rocket
100g (dry weight) linguine
Low fat oil spray

Pre heat oven to 190oC

Wet a sheet of baking paper and place tomatoes and garlic in with 4 sprays of oil. Scrunch up the paper to contain the steam when cooking and place on a baking tray. Roast for 20min.

Remove tomatoes and squeeze out roasted garlic.

Cook linguine according to pack instructions.

Heat a non stick deep frying pan. Spray with low fat oil and add roasted garlic, prawns and scallops. Cook to taste (2min max for me!).

When seafood cooked add tomatoes, rocket and cooked linguine. Mix well with a fork. Sprinkle over parmesan and serve!

I adjusted this from a recipie we use a lot that had tons of olice oil... served up the new WW friendly version and neither DH nor the DC's noticed! A good one for valentines day coming up!!!

NoWayNoHow Wed 30-Jan-13 09:35:52

Steak and cannellini bean mash - serves 4

2 thyme sprigs
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves
2 sirloin steaks, 200g each (I substitute frying steak as it's much leaner)
Whole grain mustard
Fat free yogurt
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
100ml chicken stock
1/2 lemon, juice
220g green beans, trimmed

1. Mix the thyme, vinegar and half the garlic and rub over the steaks - set aside to marinate. Mix the mustard and yogurt (2 parts yogurt to one part mustard)
2. Heat frying spray in a pan to a medium heat and add the leek and remaining garlic. Sauté for 5mins, then stir in cannellini beans and stock. Simmer for 2 mins then mash. Stir in lemon juice, season and keep warm.
3. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat with frying spray, brush the marinade from the steaks and cook for 2 mins on righter side for medium rare. Meanwhile, boil the green beans.
4. Set aside the steaks to rest, tip the green beans into the griddle pan with the marinade and toss. Slice the steak then serve with the mash, beans and mustard sauce.

SallyBear Tue 22-Jan-13 19:37:26

Special fried rice (F&H plan 1pp) this is based on 2 people

1 cup of Brown basmati rice - boil it obviously!
4 rashers of bacon medallions or back bacon with the fat trimmed off
1 onion sliced
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 tspn of fresh grated ginger
1 pepper sliced
1 courgette chopped but with seeds removed
50g frozen peas
4 spring onions diagonally sliced
5 mushrooms sliced
2 chicken breasts chopped
1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (1pp)
1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
2 eggs
Spray oil

Time taken 30 mins

Method
1. Cook rice as per instructions - while rice is cooking chop up other ingredients
2. Spray oil the frying pan, heat and make a thin omelette. Allow to cool and roll up and thinly slice. Put to one side for later
3. Spray oil a large nonstick frying pan or wok and add the onion, chicken and bacon to the hot pan. Then add the frozen peas, vegetables and garlic and ginger to the pan. Stir fry, then add the cooked rice. Mix thoroughly before adding the chilli sauce and soy. Before serving stir in the sliced egg omelette.

On Filling and Healthy this is by my reckoning about 1pp.

SallyBear Fri 18-Jan-13 07:41:16

Chicken & Mushroom Stroganoff with two mustards

2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size chunks
I onion sliced
125g of mushrooms sliced
Frylight
2 tablespoons of reduced fat creme fraiche (2pp)
1 heaped tspn of Dijon mustard
1 heaped tspn of whole grain mustard
Seasoning

Fry onions and chicken until cooked, add mushrooms, cook for two minutes.
Add mustards, stir through and then add the creme fraiche and then season.
Serve with basmati rice.

chillyigloo Thu 17-Jan-13 21:32:39

Minted pea and feta omlette. 7 ProPoints.

2 eggs
30g frozen peas
40g Feta
1/2 tsp dried mint, or a few fresh leaves
salt & pepper

Put peas in bowl and cover with just boiled water for a minute.
Drain peas, add crumbled feta and mint and black pepper, give it a stir and let it 'marinate' itself while you do the omlette.

Season beaten eggs with s&p and pour into pan (frylight!). 'Fluff' it up as it cooks as you would a normal omlette, when it's nearly cooked (about 3 mins), add your minty cheesey pea mixture and leave it for a few more mins to warm this mixture through.

Fold and serve with a big green salad. Scrummy.

SallyBear Wed 16-Jan-13 14:59:01

Rocket soup!

One small onion chopped and sauteed in frylight. Don't let it brown.
Add a bag of Spinach Rocket and Watercress leaves, stir and put the lid on. Allow to sweat over a gentle heat. Add a large peeled cubed potato to the green stuff, add a pint of stock. Season. Cook until the potato is soft. Allow to cool and blitz with a hand blender. Add a spoonful of 1/2 fat creme fraiche. Serve warmed through.

ethelb Mon 14-Jan-13 09:14:38

you could use replace the olive oil with sesame seed oil. Though the tahini does make it taste like humous and Sainsurys delivered it to me on Friday grin

flatmouse Mon 14-Jan-13 08:51:22

Flatmouse Soup (Thai Green Veg)

Any green veg i have lying around (cabbage/sprouts/brocolli/green beans/celery/onion) Chopped to similar sizes for cooking in same amount of time.
1-2 potatos (depending on how much i'm making) peeled and cubed.
Previously i have cooked of a couple of tbspns thai green curry paste (1pp) in a little oil and then gently sweated the veg down - not sure that's entirely necessary, so would be healthier and just as tasty without the oil.
Bung all in big saucepan and put in a couple of litres of veg stock (water with stock cube in) and cook until cooked!
Dash of lime juice.
Then blitz with hand whizzer thingy until smooth.

PP depends on how many portions you make (obviously depending on how much veg/stock you put in!) and how many potatos you put in. But i'm thinking not many - especially if you omit the oil or use your frylight that you're all talking about but i have no idea what it is!

Vajazzler Sun 13-Jan-13 22:45:48

Wow there's some fab recipe's here

<shuffles around the meal planner>

onthemetro Sun 13-Jan-13 21:50:16

How important is the tahini in the humous, ethelb? Am just doing an online shop and neither Tesco or Asda have it available to deliver to me sad

ethelb Sun 13-Jan-13 14:28:00

sorry, 50g of humous is 1pp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now