I had my hypno gastric band 'fitted' by Paul McKenna last night...

(740 Posts)
lynniep Fri 11-Jan-13 11:01:11

...so far so good! Admittedly its not even 11am yet, but I havent eaten my snacks which are sitting on my desk and not even tempting me! Normally I don't allow myself anything till 10am, then I pounce!

I am doing this in conjunction with weightwatchers, which Paul McKenna would not approve of, since he despises 'diet clubs' (boy does this come through loud and clear in his book).

However since I don't know the man personally, and I feel I need the WW sessions for support, I am carrying on with pro- pointing and hoping that my gastric band will provide the backup I need to not binge and eat more than my body needs.

I've been (back) on weightwatchers for several months now and failed miserably because I am both a compulsive eater and a (hopefully) reformed bulimic.

I'd like to think this will help me - and I'm willing to try it because I am now as heavy as I was just after I gave birth to DS2 3 years ago (my heaviest, unless you count when I was 40 weeks pg!)

If anyone is interested I will report back smile

efeslight Wed 18-Jun-14 10:55:40

Just installed my gastric band, dropped off once or twice... but woke feeling energised. Looking forward to reading thread thoroughly.

MOUSEY40 Fri 13-Jun-14 06:21:36

My book etc is on it's way. I am sceptical but will see

Matt670 Mon 31-Mar-14 23:43:30

I completed my 21 day session yesterday, and I would recommend it to everyone. I've lost 8kg and have started running and cycling because of this app. Just give it ur 100% and you won't be disappointed.

Rules Fri 04-Oct-13 17:38:16
Rules Fri 04-Oct-13 17:37:55

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/1849810-The-Paul-McKenna-Thread-Number-13-the-Good-Luck-Number-A-Simple-Title-for-Simple-Weight-Loss-and-All-amongst-Friends smile

Rules Fri 04-Oct-13 07:53:52

will link you later grin

Lau126 Thu 03-Oct-13 23:50:57

I can't find a recent thread for it confused the most recent is from 2011 as far as I can see... Confused!

Lau126 Thu 03-Oct-13 23:43:35

Thanx again rules will take peek now smile

Rules Wed 02-Oct-13 17:44:47

If you find this thread quiet Lau you can always go over to the Paul McKenna I can make you thin thread where a lot of us are on and some have been doing it for three years. smile

Lau126 Wed 02-Oct-13 11:52:27

Thanx Rules smile I will b looking into this

Rules Wed 02-Oct-13 10:09:30

Hi Lau
Its Paul McKenna Gastric Band Book which comes with a hypnosis cd to install a imaginary gastric band. Helps some people to feel much fuller much quicker.
very how you doing with the band this time round?

Lau126 Tue 01-Oct-13 15:40:01

Hi I'm new to net mums but this has caught my attention... What is the book and how do u reinstall a 'band' ??

veryberrybug Thu 26-Sep-13 13:20:06

what a great idea kate yes i too battle the dumping ground epidemic which takes over every time there's one little thing on the dining table & everyone decides it needs the company of other stuff <aaarrgh>!!

i've reinstalled my band at the start of the week & seem to be satisfied by smaller partions hmm but also been making the effort to be more mindful too. so i'm off to do it again right now and have a powernap wink

katelynelizabeth Tue 24-Sep-13 03:06:34

Hi guys, I'm also from Australia. Just read the book and going to install my band tonight smile

To keep me from eating on the couch I'm going to buy place mats for my new dining table setting and encourage myself and my partner to use it every breakfast & dinner instead of using it as a storage table (i hate when people dump things on it) haha

veryberrybug Mon 23-Sep-13 09:39:00

hey i didny realise this thread had sprung back to life either rules!

i'm gonna reinstall my band again. fingers crossed X

Tillyturtle Fri 20-Sep-13 00:49:34

Just 'installed' my band. Only want to lose and maintain abt a stone weightloss. After having my baby feel like im podgy. Anyone only wanted to lose a little weight with PM and suceeded? Will keep post updated with progress. So far dnt knw if im coincidence or imagination but i have a dull pain in upper abdomen and after only reading the book yest seemed uniteresred in food today..... Mmmmmm im sceptical tho. Too good to be true and all that.

Emmagem76 Thu 19-Sep-13 04:31:29

This is really interesting and great to hear about the weight loss

I'm in canberra Australia

Rules Wed 18-Sep-13 22:54:17

Hi Emma well ive lost a stone on the normal Paul McKenna I can make you thin thread and since installing the band I have maintained and that's by eating everything and anything I want but stopping when im satisfied. Bullshit has lost a lot though on the vgb. Where in Aust are you?

Emmagem76 Wed 18-Sep-13 20:03:59

Hi I am in Australia and just stumbled on this thread after a google search! I saw a hypnotherapist on Tuesday and have to say its amazing but I feel so different. I do feel as if my conscious mind is trying to poke holes in the concept and every now and then I have random thoughts of - this is so silly, it's never going to work. You've been tricked rarara - anyone else experience this? How much have people lost after vgb?

Rules Tue 17-Sep-13 12:23:36

Loud......!!!!

Rules Tue 17-Sep-13 12:21:58

Jayne good for you. Its great that your hypnotherapy worked for your weight loss. What I think is brilliant about PM is that all you really need to do is follow the four golden rules properly, really really properly and it works, for life. Simple. Its always accessible, portable, and sustainable and whats more, you do it all on your own. Its definitely working for me.
Bullshit.....well done you (Load applause!!!)

Rules Tue 17-Sep-13 01:12:53

Omg why didn't u tell me this thread was going again verygrin LOL

Jayneguest Wed 11-Sep-13 14:18:41

Although I didnt use Paul Mckenna myself I did see a local hypnotherapist for weight loss and I am so pleased that I have managed to keep it off this time. I really feel different.Its lovely reading all the success that people have here.I dont think I could have done it with just a book and CD,I needed the talking and support I got from my guy which was brilliant.I still email him questions and stuff and he helps if needed.Well done everyone smile

bulshit Mon 26-Aug-13 23:55:35

Thank you Veryberrybug! I am very pleased with the results. This weight loss has made a massive difference to my life. I am able to live each day to the best of my ability. 6 months ago I was depress and fed up with the way I looked.

I was following the weight watchers program without much success. I was in the middle of the menopause and was told that loosing weight was impossible but thanks to Paul McKenna life is presently looking very bright.

Cannot express how happy and sexy I feel when I get dress each day. Thank you Paul McKenna.

I hope my success will help every one who want to loose weight using Paul's program. Best of luck to you all.

veryberrybug Thu 22-Aug-13 10:44:40

yey bulshit i can see the photos now - you are one hot mama! well done you it's lovely to see & hear such a positive result, keep up the good work! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now