I had my hypno gastric band 'fitted' by Paul McKenna last night...

(740 Posts)
lynniep Fri 11-Jan-13 11:01:11

...so far so good! Admittedly its not even 11am yet, but I havent eaten my snacks which are sitting on my desk and not even tempting me! Normally I don't allow myself anything till 10am, then I pounce!

I am doing this in conjunction with weightwatchers, which Paul McKenna would not approve of, since he despises 'diet clubs' (boy does this come through loud and clear in his book).

However since I don't know the man personally, and I feel I need the WW sessions for support, I am carrying on with pro- pointing and hoping that my gastric band will provide the backup I need to not binge and eat more than my body needs.

I've been (back) on weightwatchers for several months now and failed miserably because I am both a compulsive eater and a (hopefully) reformed bulimic.

I'd like to think this will help me - and I'm willing to try it because I am now as heavy as I was just after I gave birth to DS2 3 years ago (my heaviest, unless you count when I was 40 weeks pg!)

If anyone is interested I will report back smile

veryberrybug Mon 23-Sep-13 09:39:00

hey i didny realise this thread had sprung back to life either rules!

i'm gonna reinstall my band again. fingers crossed X

katelynelizabeth Tue 24-Sep-13 03:06:34

Hi guys, I'm also from Australia. Just read the book and going to install my band tonight smile

To keep me from eating on the couch I'm going to buy place mats for my new dining table setting and encourage myself and my partner to use it every breakfast & dinner instead of using it as a storage table (i hate when people dump things on it) haha

veryberrybug Thu 26-Sep-13 13:20:06

what a great idea kate yes i too battle the dumping ground epidemic which takes over every time there's one little thing on the dining table & everyone decides it needs the company of other stuff <aaarrgh>!!

i've reinstalled my band at the start of the week & seem to be satisfied by smaller partions hmm but also been making the effort to be more mindful too. so i'm off to do it again right now and have a powernap wink

Lau126 Tue 01-Oct-13 15:40:01

Hi I'm new to net mums but this has caught my attention... What is the book and how do u reinstall a 'band' ??

Rules Wed 02-Oct-13 10:09:30

Hi Lau
Its Paul McKenna Gastric Band Book which comes with a hypnosis cd to install a imaginary gastric band. Helps some people to feel much fuller much quicker.
very how you doing with the band this time round?

Lau126 Wed 02-Oct-13 11:52:27

Thanx Rules smile I will b looking into this

Rules Wed 02-Oct-13 17:44:47

If you find this thread quiet Lau you can always go over to the Paul McKenna I can make you thin thread where a lot of us are on and some have been doing it for three years. smile

Lau126 Thu 03-Oct-13 23:43:35

Thanx again rules will take peek now smile

Lau126 Thu 03-Oct-13 23:50:57

I can't find a recent thread for it confused the most recent is from 2011 as far as I can see... Confused!

Rules Fri 04-Oct-13 07:53:52

will link you later grin

Rules Fri 04-Oct-13 17:37:55

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/1849810-The-Paul-McKenna-Thread-Number-13-the-Good-Luck-Number-A-Simple-Title-for-Simple-Weight-Loss-and-All-amongst-Friends smile

Rules Fri 04-Oct-13 17:38:16
Matt670 Mon 31-Mar-14 23:43:30

I completed my 21 day session yesterday, and I would recommend it to everyone. I've lost 8kg and have started running and cycling because of this app. Just give it ur 100% and you won't be disappointed.

MOUSEY40 Fri 13-Jun-14 06:21:36

My book etc is on it's way. I am sceptical but will see

efeslight Wed 18-Jun-14 10:55:40

Just installed my gastric band, dropped off once or twice... but woke feeling energised. Looking forward to reading thread thoroughly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now