I had my hypno gastric band 'fitted' by Paul McKenna last night...

(738 Posts)
lynniep Fri 11-Jan-13 11:01:11

...so far so good! Admittedly its not even 11am yet, but I havent eaten my snacks which are sitting on my desk and not even tempting me! Normally I don't allow myself anything till 10am, then I pounce!

I am doing this in conjunction with weightwatchers, which Paul McKenna would not approve of, since he despises 'diet clubs' (boy does this come through loud and clear in his book).

However since I don't know the man personally, and I feel I need the WW sessions for support, I am carrying on with pro- pointing and hoping that my gastric band will provide the backup I need to not binge and eat more than my body needs.

I've been (back) on weightwatchers for several months now and failed miserably because I am both a compulsive eater and a (hopefully) reformed bulimic.

I'd like to think this will help me - and I'm willing to try it because I am now as heavy as I was just after I gave birth to DS2 3 years ago (my heaviest, unless you count when I was 40 weeks pg!)

If anyone is interested I will report back smile

MsMarple Mon 18-Mar-13 16:35:23

So, I lost 2lbs in the first week, all going in the right direction. Still BF though so probably best not to have any drastic fast loss... well that's what I'm telling myself! I've got about the same targets as you spannerfingers, fingers crossed for us both.

Well done Jennypiccolo, sounds like a great start!

Fairygen Tue 19-Mar-13 20:53:29

Hi everyone, great to hear about the weight losses....helping me to get back on track along with 2 days of hard core gardening!!

theladylovescupcakes Fri 22-Mar-13 08:24:37

Hi have just found this thread. I've been stuck these past few weeks despite doing slim fast which worked well for me previously. Can anyone link me to the app? Interested to give it a try. Thank you grin

jacci88 Sat 23-Mar-13 19:49:36

Hi, 10 days ago, I bought the book from Asda, read it in one go, watched the dvd and listen to the cd every few days and I have lost 7lbs so far!!!

I started on Tues 12th March, started at 11 stone 7lbs, on Tues 19th I weighed 11 stone 2lbs and today I weighed myself as a mid week check in and have lost a further 2lbs so far and I still have 4 days to go this week!!!

I feel ever so full all the time and feel sick if I eat more than a child's plate of food..which is really strange, but considering that my stomach is the size of a tennis ball and not a watermelon it makes sense!

I eat 3 meals a day and am having to seriously reduce the amount I eat, because if I don't I feel so bloated and full, i get a terrible nauseous feeling like you do when you overeat at Xmas!!

I do not eat any diet food and am sticking to the 4 golden rules...it works but you have to listen to the installation trance every few days....I don't even remember much of what Paul has said, whihc means I must be pretty relaxed and "under hypnotic state"....
Remember the rules:
1 you must only eat when you are truly hungary
2 you must stop when you start to feel full
3 Eat what you want ie. not diet food, this is not a diet, you are free to eat anything, but you must stop when you start to feel full and only eat when you are truly hungary
4 you must eat conciously i.e. chew every mouthful and take your time with your meal, it's not a race, you will feel full quicker by eating slowly than by stuffing your face!

I will update you all with my next loss (hopefully) after my weigh in on Tues 26th March
Jacci

bulshit Sun 24-Mar-13 07:55:40

Congratulations to everyone whom managed to loose weight with Paul McKenna hypnotic gastric band. I have lost weight using his technique. I installed my band on the 4th of February. I am now able to fit into my size 12 stretched jeans.

I have decided not to keep weighing myself but judge my success by how my clothes fit, this way I don't feel pressured about the pounds on or off.

I am really excited about the results that I am seeing already and will keep going until I reach my goal.

A big thanks to everyone for their support on this blog. Keep going and you will get their in the end.

MsMarple Mon 25-Mar-13 22:02:24

Thats interesting about listening to the trance really frequently jacci88. Not sure why I thought you only needed to do it monthly, but will top up again tonight, and every few days over the chocolate season!

buildingmycorestrength Tue 26-Mar-13 09:50:40

Have just listened to it for the third time. No luck so far, but have not been good at following the rules, particularly. Have noticed some changes in my habits and feeling fuller, etc, but no weight loss yet.

jacci88 Wed 27-Mar-13 12:30:32

As promised, here is my weigh in results;
12 March 11 stone 7lbs
19 March 11 stone 2 lbs
26th March 10 stone 13 lbs

2 weeks since have the hypnotic gastric band fitted and I have lost 8 lbs so far...

Hi everyone - I'm doing the easyloss Virtual gastric band app on iphone - the rules look to be the same as paul mckenna although I don't get my band fitted until day 28 (day 12 for me today). I've lost 4kg so far which is great. I think it is really tough recognising the feeling of no longer being hungry after so many years of over-eating. Ive been trying to err on the side of caution on the premis that I can always eat more later if I need it. I hate throwing food away but am just not eating as much so need to adjust food shopping habits and buy less.

Fairygen Sun 31-Mar-13 20:24:56

Hi all, I've been following HGB for about 2 months. I lost about a stone in the first month, but have really fallen off the wagon!!

Luckily, I haven't put any weight on, but I'm really struggling to eat consciously. I've found that when I follow the rules, I eat so little that I really don't enjoy my meals.

I used to love food and cooking. Now I can't get motivated to cook because I think 'what's the point, I'm not going to eat more than a handful'

Advice and huge kick up backside needed to get back on track!!!!!!!!!!

bonzoed Mon 01-Apr-13 13:24:57

Hello, I'm new here. I fitted the gastric band last night before I went to bed. DH walked into the bedroom just as the operation was being described but I am sure that my quick word with DH won't have caused too much of a problem - to be honest I'm not sure I heard any of the rest on a conscious level but heard the CD player click off. DH says I was breathing very deeply afterwards.

I had a bowl of cereals this morning. I didn't feel full but am not in the habit of eating loads for breakfast. I didn't snack all morning but this may have been because I was hungry. I went for a run and was full of energy - even skipped back home. I wasn't hungry when DH made lunch and I wasn't full when I finished it. Hmm, I have felt neither hunger of satiated - is this right?

I'm not sure how conscious I was of the eating or whether I chewed 20 times because the children are here and asking constant questions. Is it really realistic to think you can eat consciously when you are eating with children? I don't want the children to be banned from interacting with me during a meal.

bonzoed Mon 01-Apr-13 13:51:14

Oops - I didn't snack because I was busy (not hungry).

MsMarple Thu 04-Apr-13 00:02:20

fairygen, would love to give you some motivating words but I too have fallen off the wagon, and into a huge vat of creme eggs, many of which jumped into my mouth before I remembered I was supposed to be eating them conciously blush
Am reinstalling tonight and will be getting back on track tomorrow.

Not sure about the concious eating with kids thing being entirely possible. I'm giving little one finger foods to play with whilst I eat, and spooning in anything mushy beforehand. I'm trying to do interacting with older one between mouthfuls. Like you say, not great family mealtime if you can't talk to them at all!

buildingmycorestrength Thu 04-Apr-13 22:10:35

I've actually decided to try a paleo style really high protein diet. I had three eggs for breakfast and didn't even feel hungry until 1 pm. I don't think the gastric band was transformative but I think it has helped in a general sort of way.

Jayneguest Sat 06-Apr-13 10:55:12

I posted about my experiences a while ago and its great to see that people are still saying what they think works and what doesnt.I wish there was some way to add up all the good stories and ones that dont work to make a graph or something(oh dear, you can tell I wear glasses cant you!) smile

Jayneguest Sat 06-Apr-13 11:04:44

Not sure if people have seen the blog post which lists lots of hypnotherapists views on Paul mckennas band but it does make interesting reading.some like it some don't. if you go to www.markpowlett.co.uk its in the blog posts under weight.

Dragon67 Sat 06-Apr-13 14:54:32

Hi, new to here and just "done the deed" today.. not sure what to expect, I will give it my best shot, one thing I can say is I feel "knackered" and achey , they way I have always felt after an op.... how bizarre, hopefully this is a good sign. One questione, we all know we are supposed to drink copious amounts of water during the soI was just wondering if this will restrict the amount you drink - hope not as I like my water and it prevents my cystitis . :

Fairygen Sat 06-Apr-13 20:37:54

Jayneguest I think, like any diet or food plan, we have to stick to it 100%. I got complacent. If Paul McKenna was on my doorstep once a week ready to weigh me, I'd be about 2 stone lighter by now, because I'd have the motivation!!

Well, the summer is coming (apparently) and being fat in the summer is horrible, so back to the cd tomorrow!!

MsMarple I can't understand where the gorgeous, creamy, huge ,white chocolate egg went in one evening!! I hope you are back on track x

This really does work, if you stick to the rules! I didn't watch or use the havening, maybe I should have and then I wouldn't have felt so pee'd off!!

Dragon67 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:43:01

smile

Fairygen Sat 06-Apr-13 20:53:45

Hi dragon, how are you getting on?x

Jayneguest Sun 07-Apr-13 09:40:03

I think with the drinking Dragon67 you are still supposed to drink lots of water, just not at the same time as eating as I recall?I think thats right.

Dragon67 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:05:14

Hi Fairygen - and all
Not too bad, weird really as I only listened yesterday, no snacking yesterday or today so far, had a small lunch about 2.5hrs ago but felt hungry again before typing this so had a muller corner yogurt and I am stuffed again now.. seem to have a little indigestion just after eating but trial and error I suppose, I will re listen to the CD later this week when I can
trying to drink my usual amounts but feel full. One of my main worries is that this will be muscle reduction weight loss not fat loss so I will keep up with my workouts and try to up my strength training.. as thy say.... time will tell

Hope everyone else is going ok

Oh I do not have a table (or anywhere to put one in my house) so I have to sit on the couch but I am trying my best to focus on the food not the TV if it is on (we do not have a spare room other than a bedroom and I will not start to eat in a bedroom ! shock)

persistance... is my new word grin

Fairygen Sun 07-Apr-13 19:30:06

The eating in peace and quiet is near impossible if you have a family!!!

I'm a single mum and I don't want us to eat separately. I just try to concentrate on chewing, not always easy.

Fairygen Wed 10-Apr-13 20:14:29

Hi all, where is everyone?

FifromOz Thu 11-Apr-13 11:20:27

Hi :-) have been doing the gastric band for 11 days now and lost 6lb which I am thrilled with. I listen to the CD every fews days and am guilty of eating while watchung TV although I always concentrate on my food and chew a minimum of 20 times at least. My issue is that although I only eat a teaplate of food I am still very hungry and never feel full like everyone else does? Then about half an hour later I feel totally sick and want to throw up, its as if I have eaten a 10 course meal. This happens at lunchtime too when I eat lunch with no TV and concentrate on what I am doing too. Anyone else felt like this? least

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now