I had my hypno gastric band 'fitted' by Paul McKenna last night...

(740 Posts)
lynniep Fri 11-Jan-13 11:01:11

...so far so good! Admittedly its not even 11am yet, but I havent eaten my snacks which are sitting on my desk and not even tempting me! Normally I don't allow myself anything till 10am, then I pounce!

I am doing this in conjunction with weightwatchers, which Paul McKenna would not approve of, since he despises 'diet clubs' (boy does this come through loud and clear in his book).

However since I don't know the man personally, and I feel I need the WW sessions for support, I am carrying on with pro- pointing and hoping that my gastric band will provide the backup I need to not binge and eat more than my body needs.

I've been (back) on weightwatchers for several months now and failed miserably because I am both a compulsive eater and a (hopefully) reformed bulimic.

I'd like to think this will help me - and I'm willing to try it because I am now as heavy as I was just after I gave birth to DS2 3 years ago (my heaviest, unless you count when I was 40 weeks pg!)

If anyone is interested I will report back smile

TreadOnTheCracks Wed 20-Feb-13 07:17:20

I am reading the book, slowly, 5 mins at a time. I'm about half way through it (I have done I can make you thin in the past). I am struggling with the advice to give up fatty /sugary foods for 2 weeks before you do the installation.

If I could give up sugary / fatty foods I wouldn't need a hypnotic gastric band!

Did you all do the giving up beforehand easily?

Perhaps I need to make an evening to actually get on a read the book and stop messing about!

wouldratherbeonthebeach Wed 20-Feb-13 11:56:27

Thanks for he support, come the evening I just seem to forgetconfused. I know that sounds really bad, sometimes when I'm doing the kids homework I'm not concentrating and picking at things and then we all eat together and I'm not paying enough attentionsad. I've not put on but not lost either. Really want to succeed, got about 20lb to go. Lost a stone a year ago on a diet but struggling to keep it off, never been a successful dieter. Funnily enough I have started to crave healthier food as he said you would. Wish me luck .....

TreadOnTheCracks Wed 20-Feb-13 20:47:25

Good luck wouldrather !

wouldratherbeonthebeach Thu 21-Feb-13 07:06:07

Thanks, you really inspired me . I had a really good day yesterday, it seems so strange not to be eating when I think I should be. Here's to a thinner, healthier me grin

buildingmycorestrength Thu 21-Feb-13 07:53:59

Got my copy. Tread, I had exactly the same thought! But I will try.

binger Thu 21-Feb-13 08:04:20

I went to a hypnotherapist in Sept for hypnoband and results are amazing. I lost a stone in 4 weeks and am now down 20lbs with no effort. I'd think carefully about having the attitude that you must ear all your points (I used to do ww btw). This could ruin it for you as the whole point is to eat smaller portions etc.

Don't get caught up with what you are eating but the 'size' of it. I now eat whatever I want but the difference is I no longer want sweeten cakes, crisps etc. I got my hypnotherapist to remove my cravings for these things so I can now have one biscuit if I want but don't now have the urge to eat the whole pack. I can't believe how well it worked and am now happy for the first time in about 20 years and am not controlled by food at last.

Good luck.

Fairygen Thu 21-Feb-13 09:14:54

End of 2nd week, it's been a long one! Lost 1.5 lbs, so a total of 7lbs in 2 weeks. I was expecting a bigger loss as I've stuck to it completely.

I did drink some wine over the weekend, which probably doubled my calorie intake for those days. I know I shouldn't be counting calories but surely wine must make a difference!!

I'm still pretty chuffed with the results, a loss is a loss. Loving being able to eat whatever I want, although I seem to be generally eating really healthily.

I've also noticed that overall, I'm feeling happier, less stressed and more confident!
X

rockinhippy Thu 21-Feb-13 09:33:52

My friend used this along with WW the same as yourself - she looks like half the woman she was - I hadn't seen her in a while & I couldn't believe it when I saw her last week, she looked amazing - she's lost over 6 stone in quite a short space of time too & is now running marathons too - not something she could have done a year ago

TreadOnTheCracks Thu 21-Feb-13 17:37:38

Fairygen - that is great to read.

Did you manage to stop eating the high fat & high sugar foods for 2 weeks before you started?

I am still struggling with that.

rockin and binger - very encouraging to read about success as I try to get off the starting block here :-)

Fairygen Thu 21-Feb-13 18:26:34

@*Tread*. No I didn't do the two weeks without all the rubbish. If I could do that, I wouldn't be fat!!

I did listen to the CD again at the end of the first week, just to reinforce it.

I have the odd biscuit, but don't have the urge to eat the whole packet and start a new one.

For me, following the rules was a bit strange to begin with, but they now second nature. I didn't even feel the need to gorge myself after a few glasses of wine at the weekend, which is when I would normally sabotage a 'diet'.

I was sceptical at first, but it really does work. Good luck!

sueLeivers Fri 22-Feb-13 04:00:32

Hi, I recieved my gastric band and cd, dvd yesterday, couldnt wait to get started, so i sat and read the book, took me about an hour, then i watched the dvd, then i settled down to listen to the trance, i honestly can say, i felt something strange going on in my stomache, a sort of mild pain, i have been hypnotised before many years ago for weight loss, (which didnt work) but my own fault cause i only went once and should have gone 3 times, anyway, at tea time i only put out a small portion of food for myself, much smaller than i would usually have, and only got through half of it, felt so full, like i had ate the whole lot and more too, it saw me through the evening, no snacking, no wanting to snack, this morning i woke up and got myself the usual large helping of cereal, ate about a quarter of it, and had to stop, i feel so full, like i have eaten the whole box, almost feel sick, like when you have overeaten, so it seems to be working, its early days but i have so much hope now this will work for me, i really need it to work, i have about 4 stone to lose, a long way to go yet, but my daughter is getting married next year, and i am determind not to be a fat mother of the bride, i will keep you all informed on my progress, the weekend scares me, its usually the time when i am a total pig, week days i can cope, but weekends are always hard, so fingers crossed i can carry on like this now, and only eat small portions from now on x

scarletsalt Fri 22-Feb-13 09:26:27

Having read this thread I decided to get the book the other day. I did 'I can make you thin' a few years ago and it worked really well, but since I had DS my eating habits have nose dived. I haven't got loads and loads to lose, about a stone I guess, but I am short and any extra weight really shows.

As I was reading the book I started getting am it worried about the whole thing, I dont know why! I also spent a cOuple of days just doing the golden rules and it makes such a difference doesn't it? But I listened to the cd last night. Did anyone else get a bit anxious about the 'surgery' bit? It sounds so silly, but I was stl definitely consciously listening as he was describing the surgery and I very nearly pulled my headphones out and shouted, 'I don't want to do this!' i was genuinely a bit frightened! But I persevered and must have fallen asleep as the next thing I knew it had finished.

But afterwards, like others, I had an actual pain at the top of my stomach and it really felt like something was there. I knew that there wasn't obviously, but I guess my unconscious mind thinks differently (as he exPlains in the book). And I tried to eat an apple after and physically couldn't! An apple!

This morning I just had a small bowl of cereal and that was fine, normally I have loads. Its a difficult feeling to explain - when I get stressed or worried, I find it very difficult to eat. What I am feeling now is that physical feeling of not wanting to eat, but without the feeling stressed part! Oh well we will see how it goes.

The power of suggestion is amazing eh!

TreadOnTheCracks Fri 22-Feb-13 15:57:01

Good luck Sue and Scarlett!

I am going to stop being a wuss and get on with it.

I have done I can make you thin and had a hypnoband in the past. Both worked for a bit.

innerbeauty Sat 23-Feb-13 01:01:37

Wow Guys! Everyone is having so much success, it's not easy, but at least it's working!! My Son has been on it for a week now, and has lost 4kgs (dont know how much that is in pounds, but it's an incredible amount of weight in a short time) The best bit is, he is still eating whatever he wants.. but he keeps leaving heaps of it on the plate. I mean, we are talking about someone who used to 'snarf' everything in sight! Now there are still left-overs the next day, in my fridge, again, that's never happened before!
So, for all you amazing people out there with your gastric band in place, well done, and good luck!!

DelGirl Sat 23-Feb-13 09:24:10

I'm half way through reading the book again and then i'll listen to the cd again. I haven't been following the rules and have had a lot of stress recently which has me reaching for the 'cookie jar' so I've not lost any weight.

I feel that it will work amazingly once I apply myself as I have noticed since listening to the cd before and reading the book, I am actually eating less. I reach a point where I can't physically eat more, yet the things I am eating (lots of bread and pasta) are not helping me lose weight and I still have the emotional eating to contend with.

I am confident it will work if I can just stick to the rules and have far less stress. I am hoping that once I fully embrace it, the weight will drop off.

TreadOnTheCracks Sat 23-Feb-13 10:41:36

Delgirl, I hope your stressful time is over soon.

I did I can make you thin and I agree applying the rules is critical.

Dealing with cravings is another triky thing for me, especially in the evenings. I am planning on concentrating on the havening to help.

angelinterceptor Sat 23-Feb-13 19:24:30

I am hoping to start this on Monday. Needed to get half term out of the way. Going to read the book again tonight and hopefully the CD tomorrow.

TreadOnTheCracks Sun 24-Feb-13 20:37:39

Good luck to all of us starting tomorrow...

FabulousFreaks Mon 25-Feb-13 11:20:03

Hi I have just started this but I want to use the cd at night. I thought there was meant to be a trance that let you drift into sleep but I can't find it. Do any of you know what I am doing wrong.

I have the e book version and there is 2 audio tracks, one pre operative and the other is the installation trance audio. There is also the havening video.

I listen to the installation track at bedtime and have drifted off each time and had a fab sleep!

I think my band is working! We had Sunday dinner yesterday, full works. I had a quarter of what I had lifted and felt absolutely stuffed. Uncomfortably so. Granted I ate at the table with dh and we chatted while ds threw his food around so I didn't stick to the 4 rules to the letter, but I notice a difference!

TreadOnTheCracks Mon 25-Feb-13 12:16:34

Fab. Are you thinking of "I can make you sleep"? That's another book. I have it and it's fantastic. It really helped me. (I have pretty much given up caffine too and my sleep is so much better).

Glaikit- are you listening to the installation trance every night? I have previously used "I can make you thin" and use them last thing at night (doing the installation for the first time tonight). I was wondering about keeping using them.

I am keeping Paul Mckenna in business!

Not every night, maybe twice/ three times a week. I'll be honest in using it to help me sleep rather than the weightless bit because I have a lot going on and find when I go to bed it all buzzes round and round and I can't get to sleep! But there is something in it.

I'm going to get dh the I can make you sleep one because he is terrible!

buildingmycorestrength Mon 25-Feb-13 14:40:21

Can I ask how you all are finding the Havening technique? Do you do it regularly? I am scared of giving up food as a source of comfort, so am keen to know whether it really helps.

Fairygen Mon 25-Feb-13 19:22:01

Fab, I've been using the HGB for nearly 3weeks.I'm getting great results but I've yet to fall asleep during the 'trance'. I know a lot of people do, but I just find it relaxes me. I suppose everyone is different.

Building, I haven't had to use the havening technique at all so far. I was definitely a comfort eater but now my life doesn't revolve around food, I naturally feel happier. I know that doesn't make sense, I don't understand why either! Again, everyone is different!

TreadOnTheCracks Tue 26-Feb-13 06:42:13

I did it last night, so am waiting to see if it worked...

Comfort stuffing eating please be gone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now