I need to loose 40lb by August

(67 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Thu 10-Jan-13 23:33:45

Is it possible?

Oh help how do I do it?!

freedom2011 Sun 13-Jan-13 11:48:20

only I am only going to have lost anything this week because I have cut all biscuits, chocolate and cake snacking, drinking mostly water and scaled down my portion size. And I'm going to do some time of exercise daily for 30 minutes to an hour.

groovee Thanks for the tip, might do that later when I level off in any weight loss. Until then I am trying to get used to less huge portions and healthier food as normal.

OnlyWantsOne Sun 13-Jan-13 12:11:49

Freedom I do that any way. I walk the dog daily & am very active. No biscuits etc and am on myfitnesspal

freedom2011 Sun 13-Jan-13 14:15:30

is it any good my fitness pal? i imagine it to be a bit of a hassle

FelicityWasSanta Sun 13-Jan-13 15:38:41

Only I think the closer you get to 'healthy weight' and you are only abt a stone off that, the harder it is to loose weight, I think you have to accept no weight loss on the odd week, you should get some next week with perseverance- I know that feels crap though,

OnlyWantsOne Sun 13-Jan-13 19:47:01

Goodness me i can't be near healthy weight range I am massive >.<

FelicityWasSanta Sun 13-Jan-13 23:31:11

What size jeans do you wear? I reckon, based on the info you've given that you can't be bigger than a 14, ergo you are not massive.

Overweight yes, but healthy weight for your (our) height is 11st 6- or at least it was when I last checked the NHS weight calculator thing- google it if you don't believe me wink

I my dear am massive, you are not!

ChookKeeper Sun 13-Jan-13 23:42:42

I do myfitnesspal and have lost 50lbs in 24 wks with another 60lbs to lose. You can lose 40lbs by August if you find a method that works for you. good luck.

freedom2011 Mon 14-Jan-13 07:13:34

wow! well done chookkeeper

good luck everyone with staying focused and disciplined this week. Do you all have special events or reasons for loosing? Or a particular outfit you want to fit into? My reasons are health, vanity and a lovely red dress I have only worn once that I want to wear again.

freedom2011 Mon 14-Jan-13 07:14:13

opps - losing not loosing

FelicityWasSanta Mon 14-Jan-13 07:20:03

My reasons are health, vanity, the fact that none of my nice clothes fit and <shhh looks around> TTC

The scales are well down on where I started- now need to hold strong this week!

freedom2011 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:13:57

Gah. Not a disciplined day today. the menu was all right. Porridge, bit of rice and left over beef stew for lunch and roast chicken leg and veg for dinner. It's the yoghurt, banana and 3 digestive biscuits and tea with sugar which I inhaled today and no exercise that pushed me off track. Nevermind, new day tomorrow.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 15-Jan-13 09:11:55

Morning!!! Keep going freedom you'll get there.

Is there any snow where you lot are?

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 12 st 9

I want to set a goal, to get to 12 stone by end of Feb?

Chopstheduck Tue 15-Jan-13 09:22:21

Well done on the weightloss!

Add me on myfitnesspal if you like, same username as here. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, started last monday, needed to lose 50lbs by August, plus I wanted to lose a stone by half term.

So far I have lost 10lbs. I'm eating around 1200-1400 cals a day, doing couch 2 5k, cycling and walking. I did try shred, lasted 10 mins and hurt my knee! grin Have you thought of c25k? It's really good imo, I'm now on week 2.

I lost 4 stone 3 years ago, but have piled it steadily back on since. It IS doable.

Chopstheduck Tue 15-Jan-13 09:23:04

oh and my weakness is chips too!

Overreactionoftheweek Tue 15-Jan-13 09:24:51

I'm 13 stone and 5'6 - I've already lost a stone, would love to get down to 10 stone eventually.

I'm a bridesmaid in mid-Feb so want to lose as much as possible by then. I'm having 1200 calories (or less) a day and logging it all in myfitnesspal...I love that app, think it's brilliant for keeping an eye on what you're eating and logging weight loss makes me feel good too!

Must admit I'm crap on the exercise front. Have a 14 month old ds so am hoping chasing after him will be burning lots of calories grin

Going to a dressmakers tomorrow to see if she can let out my bridesmaid dress, bastard thing won't zip up over my hips at the mo. I really want to be able to fit into it and look good by mid-Feb.

freedom2011 Tue 15-Jan-13 10:56:20

ohhh - well done only! We're not even at Friday weigh in yet.

FelicityWasSanta Tue 15-Jan-13 13:39:16

I'm still not telling you much lighter than me people what I weigh

But I also weighed myself this morning (technically I started last Monday, but wasn't brave enough to weigh myself till Tuesday) and so in my first 'weighed week' I lost 5 3/4lbs! Which isn't bad going grin.

If I can lose 2-3lbs per week from now on I'll be ahead of schedule.

- re snow, yes we had a few inches but it's melting fast. Cat doesn't like it though!

freedom2011 Fri 18-Jan-13 08:57:19

are we doing a friday weigh in still? I am 12 stone 3 lbs today. Which is 5.4 lbs less than last week so I guess the first week went ok. I signed up for fitness pal. I admit, it is quite good.

PatMDi Fri 18-Jan-13 11:15:18

How are you getting on? I am doing 27 pounds by the end of March. Doing a plan online, 6 down 21 to go. Weekend of 40th birthdays (not mine yet) this weekend, can feel the resolve weakening and the Prosecco calling...

FelicityWasSanta Fri 18-Jan-13 13:32:12

I've lost one more lb since Tuesday- which isn't as exciting as last weeks progress but healthier I suppose! It was SO hard to avoid the amazing looking fish and chips at work lunch sitting just now, but managed a jacket potato and salad.

It's very snowy and cold here too!

freedom2011 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:00:23

well done on resisting the fish and chips Felicity and another pound down is great! All in the right direction. I am enjoying playing around with calories on fitnesspal to see how much food (volume) I can scoff without going over the daily goal (1200 calories a day net) Doing lots of walking to be able to eat more.

FelicityWasCold Sun 20-Jan-13 18:06:24

So far today I have eaten 600 calories, about to cook dinner (chicken and potato and veg) and have a glass of wine, tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks in, only 8 to go before goal week!

I'm impressed by your exercise Freedom, in the cold I can't motivate myself to do it... I'm hoping it will come as I start to look less hippo like...

freedom2011 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:27:01

I just love eating Felicity. And if I exercise more, I get more calories to eat. I live in Foreign Lands where they are used to snow so walking in it is ok as we're well equipped with boots and ski underwear to keep warm. I'm actually eating a bit over 1500 calories a day but only once I'm sure I've walked off 350 at least to even it out. That is about 1.5 hours walking for me. Have a great week. Might check in on Friday latest for a progress check.

FelicityWasCold Tue 22-Jan-13 09:27:15

Well Tuesday weigh in has arrived, and I have lost 2 3/4 lbs this week. A healthy weight loss for week 2 I think!

8 1/2 weeks to goal and 11 1/4lbs to loose, think its doable.

If I can just keep motivated... How are you doing Only ?

freedom2011 Tue 22-Jan-13 11:46:02

WELL DONE Felicity very inspiring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now