Question Thread for New Year Bootcampers

(783 Posts)
BigStickBIWI Mon 07-Jan-13 16:14:54

As there are so many of us doing this, the chat thread is moving pretty quickly - and it means that lots of questions are being missed.

So here is a specific thread you to post any questions you might have about Bootcamp or low carbing.

lavender glad to hear it isn't thus woe or the shred. Hope you get some answers soon though.

prettybird Sun 13-Jan-13 09:32:06

I'm starting my cycling coaching sessions next Saturday. They're only two hours long, not three grin

I need some advice though: the information sheet says I need to take "● Snack food (eg. Jelly babies, banana, cereal bar)"

I'll still be on Boot Camp so what should I take? At the moment I'm thinking of a boiled egg and a cold sausage.

QuickLookBusy Sun 13-Jan-13 09:57:29

I wanted to ask something, <tmi warning>

My urine has smelt very strong since yesterday afternoon. I was wondering if it has something to do with the diet or if I've got a problem?

QuickLookBusy - I don't think it would be this WOE, although poss depends on what you have eaten. I know asparagus makes urine smell funny, entirely possible that other things do have an effect? Have you drunk enough water as well? If you are at all worried definitely check it out with your GP if it is an infection they are usually easily treated as far as I know.

Jacaqueen Sun 13-Jan-13 10:44:15

Your kidneys do work harder on this kind of diet. That is why it is so important to make sure you are drinking all the water.

Ketosis can also make you pee smell funny but not strong.

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 13-Jan-13 10:45:52

Pretty

I would say pepperami / babybel

Then when on Boot camp lite, I would add in macadamias/ possibly walnuts.

Make sure you eat properly before you go though, like a decent time before. When I'm doing rowing sessions which are 2+ hours, it is more immediately after I need to eat or I tend to get this massive cold rush.

Jacaqueen Sun 13-Jan-13 10:46:57

Prettybird those look like perfect low carb snacks.

Don't be surprised though if your trainer says they are not suitable. I guess anyone who recommends a person eats Jelly Babies is not exactly enlightened when it comes to low carb.

QuickLookBusy Sun 13-Jan-13 10:56:50

I had a big portion of asparagus yesterday with lunch, so that explains it!

It's never happened before so will start to drink more water today.

PrettyPirate Sun 13-Jan-13 11:11:52

Yep, asparagus does that! Found out years ago, was bit scared first but quick google explained itsmile

NoelHeadbands Sun 13-Jan-13 12:33:43

My DH is banished to main bathroom only after eating asparagus.

Mine is unaffected and smells of freshly cut roses, obvs.

BigStickBIWI Sun 13-Jan-13 14:18:51

grin Noel!

BigStickBIWI Sun 13-Jan-13 14:21:58

Is there anything that can be used to thicken gravy that is acceptable on bootcamp?

BigStickBIWI Sun 13-Jan-13 16:45:04

I never thicken gravy these days - just reduce it down a bit. But I would guess that if you cook some leeks or some celeriac and then blend them with the meat juices, that might work.

Lavenderhoney Sun 13-Jan-13 17:28:32

I have a question about (lowers voice) toilet habits.... Sorry to share but...When do you stop wee-ing so much? And poo. I am not constipated but don't seem to every day like normal. What's happened? I drink so much water it can't be that.

I feel bloated as well, but haven't had any carbs. ( apart from a tiny white wine spritzer the other day)

BigStickBIWI Sun 13-Jan-13 17:34:08

Bloated is, sorry to say, usually a sign that you need to drink more water! grin

Your body does get used to it - and don't forget, you're peeing out ketones as well.

As long as you're not straining to have a poo, and it doesn't hurt when you go, then going less than every day isn't a problem.

Ruprekt Sun 13-Jan-13 17:35:02

Dh would like to know what happens after Boot camp please? Do we add carbs in or are we allowed some fruit?

BigStickBIWI Sun 13-Jan-13 17:39:28

Drat! I tried to answer you on the other thread before you came over here! Here's what I said:

After Bootcamp we move onto Bootcamp Light - if you wish - for the remaining 8 weeks. If you're happy with Bootcamp, then you can continue doing that if you want.

Rules of Bootcamp Light are on one of the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet

If you want to, you could also do a hybrid - Bootcamp during the week and Bootcamp Light at the weekend.

DangerousMouse Sun 13-Jan-13 18:57:29

Please can you link the spreadsheet again - sorry!

halfthesize Sun 13-Jan-13 19:16:30
MrsHoolie Sun 13-Jan-13 23:44:58

I have a question.
I don't like double cream in decaff coffee and I have bought unsweetened soya and unsweetened almond milk but both of them curdle and taste gross.

I am really missing tea and coffee although I'm beginning to really like rooibos.

Do I need to force myself to like black coffee?
I have never given up caffeine before and felt really shitty all week until this weekend!

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 14-Jan-13 06:34:49

My question is

Will there be a new thread seeing as its Monday?!

mrshoolie you can still have it with milk if you prefer but you'll need to
Limit it to two cups really else the carbs creep back up a bit...

pistey there will be a new chat thread today BIWI will start it this morning. Questions thread will just stay the same I should think!

captainmummy Mon 14-Jan-13 08:22:46

MrsH - I find soya curdles ifyou add it to coddee that is too hot. Leave to cool for a few mins before adding. (I like rooibos too -i drink it black,unsweetened. Not sure if it adds to my water allowance, so i drink 2.5 lts water too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now