Bloody f**king nora. Just weighed myself and I want to die.

(1000 Posts)

I can't even bring myself to type in my weight because I am so ashamed sad

I need to lose 3.5 stone before the end of May (going on holiday with a thin friend) I am doing My Fitness Pal (calorie counting) and I am going to do 1200 calories a day. It's brutal I know but then so was the reading on my scales this morning.

Effing Nora sad

YEAH HULLY it's a start.

Know your enemy. Mine are all in the bin covered in discarded mash.

Hullygully Mon 07-Jan-13 12:38:28

I threw out unopened boxes of mince pies. I know it was very wrong, really I do, but it was that or explode

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 07-Jan-13 12:38:45

I had exactly the same feeling last year buppy - 2nd January I weighed 12 stone 3, so I went on a diet. I did the low carb thing - it was really, really easy.

I hadto go back on steroids a few times which buggered it up, but I stuck to in broadly and was down to 9 stone 11 just before Christmas (put half a stone on - which is 99% stollen - over Christmas so will probably go back to low carbing again for a few weeks to lose it again.

Have you had a look at BIWI's Low carb bootcamp threads? They are really helpful.

Don't despair - you have something to aim for, I am sure you will lose the weight.

motivational monday please do join us grin Or start your own if you prefer, the initial drive is like nothing else grin
Good thing about support threads on here i've found is there is no competition, apart from the friendly sort.

Hullygully Mon 07-Jan-13 12:40:06

Oh shut up you eight foot tall stick thin thing
I've met you, remember?

juneybean Mon 07-Jan-13 12:40:28

Hijack, SPB that's brilliant! I can't wait to see you!! Any hints, I've got 45lbs to lose by July am using mfp

Hullygully Mon 07-Jan-13 12:40:32

Ah, should have read the post first,

soz, gerrof

as you were

I made a cake wth the kids which wasn't actially very nice (betty crocker red velvet btw). It just tasted of nothing. Kids weren't bothered either so rather than having it sitting there looking at me, I threw it out - that is something I really struggle to do.

I can't no/low-carb GetOrf. I just know it. I think I would rather weigh carbs and as long as I stick to within my 1200 cals, then I can have them. LOL at 99% stollen! grin

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 07-Jan-13 12:42:04

Yes, but you never met me when I was in the midst of steroid bloat - I looked like illustrations of Moon Face in old copies of the Faraway Tree. grin Hence the need for the diet in the first place (look at state of face, get depressed, eat entire loaf of bread and pate)

oh no juney is going to out me grin

WHat's happening in July btw? I am 44Katy on MFP if you fancy being friends (juney or anyone...be friends with me!)

juneybean Mon 07-Jan-13 12:43:06

Will definitely add you, got a weeklong hen party in July then after hoping to TTC!

I am not deliberately low carbing but on MFP tend to find I'm under on carbs and over on protein. Mind you the people who log aren't always that accurate - I remember once enjoying a plate of completely carb-free pasta grin

weeklong hen party
bloody hell

OK just read to the end of your message, sorry, how exciting grin
Think I might PM you

" I looked like illustrations of Moon Face in old copies of the Faraway Tree"

<cries>

I look like a slug. I was framing some pictures yesterday and I found one of me in June two years ago. I had an sharp jaw, shiney hair, bright skin... now I look like a sad slug. The same colour, too. Bah.

AlexReidsLonelyBraincell Mon 07-Jan-13 12:45:32

The mash is a good plan. I've sent all of our remaining Christmas crap into work with DH, his colleagues can get fat off it and I can...be miserable.
I understand the rage, I am so fucking pissed off with myself, I look hideous, I look pregnant and I'm not I am just a big wobbly flab bag.

By the power of Mumsnet, we can all do this!

juneybean Mon 07-Jan-13 12:45:54

Haha I know, the hens parents have an apartment in turkey, so I'm looking at it as a holiday!

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 07-Jan-13 12:46:07

x post hully grin

Ah, can you not do the lowcarb thang? I never did it religiously, as it was not a good idea for my kidneys to go into ketosis, however I just shied away from bread, pasta, rice and spuds. Ate a load of other decent carby stuff.

MFP is really good as well. I think cal counting to 1200 cals is a good idea. I got a bit excited when I started low carbing and ate blocks of cheese the size of my fist. I don't think that's a good idea, really.

The Jillian Michael's thing is very good as well but I did start telling her to piss off so go to the gym instead and do 30 lengths (and then sit in the jacuzzi, and then sit in the bar grin).

I have sent you a MFP friend request, SPB smile

"however I just shied away from bread, pasta, rice and spuds."

What other carbs are there?! shock confused

"do 30 lengths"

<snigger>

"I got a bit excited when I started low carbing and ate blocks of cheese the size of my fist."
PMSL. I was the same when I half heartedly did SW. On the unlimited pasta days I used to have enough to fill a bucket
(not naturally a low carb type grin)

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 07-Jan-13 12:49:06

Now. Listen to me young lady.

Yes you want to go on a diet and you may look at your thighs and think OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD but you do NOT look like a slug. Just because you feel overweight don't start slagging the rest of yourself off. You are not ugly. You are lovely looking. Don't start ripping yourself to shreds.

Getorf is very wise
And if you don't like your weight you can lose weight.

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Mon 07-Jan-13 12:50:52

Other carbs - all the other vegs including the more interesting ones like sweeet potatoes and peas. That quinoa bollocks <never tried it>. Chickpeas. Lentils.

<Neil from the young ones emotiocn>

This thread is not accepting new messages.