Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

Week 1 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - And We're Off!

(1000 Posts)
BigStickBIWI Mon 07-Jan-13 07:40:33

Morning, soon-to-be-losers!

Come and confess all on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Here is a reminder of the rules of Bootcamp:

1.Eat three, proper meals a day
You must eat breakfast. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but you must have something. For the rest of the day, if you’re eating enough food and you are in ketosis then you shouldn’t be hungry. But if you are hungry, eat something. (Hard boiled eggs make a great snack)

2.Avoid processed food, and focus on pure, natural protein as the basis for your meals – meat/fish/eggs.
Things like sausages, ham, bacon, pre-prepared burgers etc should be avoided as much as possible. Avoid foods marketed as low carb, e.g. Atkins Daybreak bars.

3.Maximise your fat intake.
Fry in butter, add butter to vegetables, eat salad with a home-made vinaigrette dressing (not made with balsamic vinegar though), add mayonnaise where you can (just check the carb count on your mayo first). Eat fattier cuts of meat – e.g. pork belly, roast chicken with the skin on and/or eat the fat off your lamb chops. Absolutely no low fat/light foods of any kind!

4.Make sure you are eating vegetables and salads with your food – this is where your carbs should come from.
But choose only those vegetables that are on the allowed list (see below). You don’t have to weigh/count carbs – this is one of the great joys of this WOE (way of eating), but if you’re new to low carbing it can be helpful to weigh your portions of veg in the early days, just so that you know how many carbs are in the sort of portions that you like to eat

5.Minimal dairy (apart from butter, which is unlimited).
If you are still drinking tea/coffee with milk or cream, try to restrict yourself to max 2 cups per day. You may eat cheese, but only in small amounts.

6.You must drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day.
The more weight you have to lose, the more water you should drink

7.No alcohol

8.No fruit

9.No nuts/seeds

10.No sugar or artificial sweeteners

thank you everyone who's weighing in!

tiffany you're fine to weigh in tomorrow, some people do prefer to weigh later in the week (or aren't able to do so until later), so don't worry about that at all

I do a little round-up at the end of the week (from next week, as this week is just an initial weigh-in) where i work out who is the biggest loser, who is the biggest % loser, how much we've all lost in total etc. what i tend to do is that anyone who hasn't weighed in for two weeks gets moved to an archive list - they are not kicked out of boot camp by any means and can be easily reinstated on request, but it does skew the averages

Doshusallie Mon 07-Jan-13 09:56:04

as ever I am in awe of the spreadsheet magicians. I am not on it, but do take a sneaky peek at it's true marvellousness.

Am down to target weight this morning, (I only actually came off this WoE for one (Christmas) day, apart from a few crisps on NYE - in fact I rather wish I'd cheated a bit more tbh, feel a bit deprived sad, but then again you all seem to regret it a bit so........)

Had 2 hard boiled eggs and some cold roast pork for breakfast - cuppa decaf tea with a splash of milk, a decaf black coffee, and a pint of water with a Berocca.

BigStickBIWI Mon 07-Jan-13 09:57:39

Glad to have you here, Doshusallie, as one of our maintainers! Proves that it can be done grin

Doshusallie Mon 07-Jan-13 09:59:32

Aw thanks BIWI!! grin grin grin grin

Doshusallie Mon 07-Jan-13 10:00:36

be interesting to see if I do go below target without the alcohol I usually pickle myself with.............

Just marking my spot .i will weig tomorrow but starting to day....again.Tx BIWI and Williewag....bacon and egg scoffed and coconut almond crust chicken tonight.....right put the iPad down and go do....

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 07-Jan-13 10:00:56

<slosh>

P.s some web sites that I find helpful are [[ www.thefoodieandthefamily.com]] and [[ www.easypaleo.com]]
paleo is similar isn't it?

cathyandclaire Mon 07-Jan-13 10:04:16

Well done Dosh! I'm up 4 after Xmas (rather more cheating than you though!) reckon it's half water/glycogen and half flab but two strict weeks should see it all off ...and hopefully a little moregrin

B: streaky bacon and fried mushrooms
Coffee with lacto-free milk
L: Leek frittata (all made and looking delish in the fridge)
S:Have bought Tesco belly pork with salt and black pepper (never cooked it before but thought I'd have a bash) with crispy Kale or maybe braised cabbage again (I'm slightly addicted)

Oops don't why it didnt link

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 07-Jan-13 10:04:55

Morning all!

Weighed in and on spreadsheet. Heaviest i have ever been, 12st 2lbs sad

Am up so up for shifting it!

Avocado & goats cheese for breakfast.

Nearly finished my first litre of water.

Right, I'm on the sheet. I sort of wish I had filled it in a few days ago rather than waiting to be 'official', as I've lost 4lbs since New Year's Day which will now go unrecorded smile Although am over the moon to be starting on a 12 st something rather than over 13, which was the heaviest I have ever ever been.

Greek yogurt for breakfast and have my packed lunch with me even though work is ordering pizza for us today - will stay strong!

Iamaslummymummy Mon 07-Jan-13 10:06:55

Day 7 for me. Its all going well. 158.4 starting weight. Still can't get my Head round the fact that it witness but it is. 154.2 this morning. Protein shake this morning as I've had as rough night health wise.

Dh is doing it with me. He's 4lbs down but hasbeen having meat balls from subway. They definitely have carbs in.

All in all though he has stopped smoking drinking and eating crap. Its amazing

skandi1 Mon 07-Jan-13 10:10:46

Can I coconut milk in cooking? I want to make curry but don't want to make a Thai curry with cream as I don't think it will be nice.

TryBreatheTwinkleFly Mon 07-Jan-13 10:12:40

Just spotted that berocca's ok - phew, just had one and then felt guilty because it was sweet!

timidviper Mon 07-Jan-13 10:19:54

I put mine on on Fridays so started a couple of days ago as I like to know where I am up to before each weekend (most of my temptations to cheat are at weekends so I find it more motivating to check my weight in advance)

Am starting from 100 as I did last time and have put my original start weight as 125 to show how much I lost last time

Going out shopping for the day with DD so am hoping I can find something reasonable to eat, eating on the hoof in city centres is not always the easiest.

Morning! Im still loving spinach at the moment so I have just had that for breakfast grin after dropping the kids to school and doing the housework. I had a coffee first thing and Im on the water.

Im going to copy down that veg list so I can keep it in the kitchen and have a look at it when I need to.

Hope you all have a great day smile

manic4boys Mon 07-Jan-13 10:25:15

Please can someone add me to the spreadsheet as am sure to mess it up!
Started 4/1 @ 170lb
Target 146lb
Weigh in 7/1 166lb
Thank you

NoelHeadbands Mon 07-Jan-13 10:27:17

Morning all
TSar 5 here, strict Bootcamping, plenty of water, and ketones showing. AND NO WEIGHT LOSS.

Talk some sense into me please- I've done this before, I've talked quite a few people through it, but I can't seem to take my own advice and trust that this WOE will work!

Ok, I know it does work really, I'm just panicking

lottie63 Mon 07-Jan-13 10:28:24

Marking place. Went for run this am smile

NoelHeadbands Mon 07-Jan-13 10:28:55

TSar 5?

Panicky fingers- DAY 5 (no tsars here lol)

Ruprekt Mon 07-Jan-13 10:36:59

DH rang me to tell me he had FF plain yoghurt for breakfast and is about to have 2 poached eggs with mushrooms.

Bless him.

So, at my heaviest ever and so up for the WOE, I am 193lbs! sad (13st 7lb)

Can you put it in the spreadsheet please Willie. <Feels useless at not being able to do it!>>

Had a cup of tea with SS milk.
2 eggs with cheese
bacon
mushrooms

Am going to 80's aerobics tonight!!! BRing on the legwarmers!! grin

happygolucky0 Mon 07-Jan-13 10:39:15

Good morning all . I wasn't looking forward to getting on those scales this morning I can tell ya. Ok So it is into reality. I need to shred around 40lbs to get to a healthy bmi gosh I have got some work to do! Just goes to show what can happen when you take your eye off the ball for like .....8 yrs!!!
So it is onwards and upwards from now on and on those scales each week without fail! Hope i can do it and that you all do what you need to get where you want to be. <<<<<< off to drink lots of water!!! Have a good day!
Just want to say big thank you to the people who have been working hard to keep this thread in such great order. Great spread sheet and info. Thanks

frenchfries22 Mon 07-Jan-13 10:43:37

Morning or evening i should say from here. I weighed yesterday and was so pleased to have lost 6lbs since Wednesday trying to believe it! Given me great motivation to continue and after refusing chocolate fudge cake with 15 slices sitting on my desk i feel a changed woman already!!! Haven't been organised and thought about dinner so omlette and salad it is and ingredients on the list for more delicious soup making tomorrow!

This thread is not accepting new messages.