1250 cals a day but what % of each group?

(6 Posts)
Snowkey Sun 06-Jan-13 10:04:55

I try to keep my carbs as low as possible too...higher protein and fat.

ihatethecold Sun 06-Jan-13 09:18:49

im the same as foreveronadiet.
i have as much protein that i can take. obviously the fat % become higher, but my carbs are quite low. no bread, pasta, potatoes.
you will find it easier to stay within your cals allowance if you swap carbs for protein.

foreverondiet Sat 05-Jan-13 21:48:45

I have more protein that recommended by MFP and less carbs as I think the ratios it sets means too many carbs. IMO lose weight faster with more protein and less carbs but some people not so keen on that so personal choice.

ChiefOwl Sat 05-Jan-13 14:58:30

Ah ok thank you, I just signed up haven't actually used it yet. Have now bought a pedometer too, am throwing everything at this! Well done for your weight loss that's fab!

My fitness pal will tell you your protein, fat and carb targets as well as calories! Best of luck, I lost 4 stone last year with one to go!

ChiefOwl Sat 05-Jan-13 14:47:37

Ok so I have joined my fitness pal, ordered the shred DVD and have read that it's 1250 cals a day for weight loss.

I need to lose 3 stone really but 2 would make me happy! Just wondering what % of my cals should be protein/carbs/fat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now