New Year Shred Bootcamp

(251 Posts)
TooImmatureMincePies Fri 04-Jan-13 12:00:41

To run concurrently with BIWI's Low Carb Bootcamp - the 30 Day Shred challenge! Come and chat about all things Shred here, and feel free to moan talk about other types of exercise too.

Oh God, now I actually have to do it! <wibbles>

Ponks Fri 01-Feb-13 23:04:43

Fab news about the weight loss and toning up Kitey! Well done! Hope you are feeling ok.
I'm doing Shred 2 and starting to find it a bit easier - I have a lot of weight to lose too but finding the effects of the Shred are v motivating - great feeling when DH comments that I look a lot more toned.

I am due to do L3d3 today. I have lost 5lb since the start of January. Trying to stick to 1200 cals a day but actually eating an average of 1350 a day. The shred is definitely helping me tone up. Size 16 jeans discarded now and I am more comfortably in my size 14 jeans than when I was last this weight. Body fat has reduced by 1% according to the scales. Still 2 stone to lose though so I need to find a way to keep going over the next few months.

Ponks Tue 29-Jan-13 20:28:00

Oh god I am the same. When I am stressed or depressed I eat almost anything that's around. The loaves sound good!

Thanks Ponks I appreciate it. It really brought home to me how much emotion and food are linked for me. I had an immediate urge to eat junk. I just baked a load of bran and malt loaves for the freezer which helped.

Ponks Mon 28-Jan-13 22:38:43

Kitey - sorry to hear about your Gran. Don't beat yourself up about your weight or exercise when something like that happens. You need time to recover.

L2d10 done. I skipped yesterday because I didn't feel like it (my gran died at the weekend and I have ignored the diet for a couple of days). My weigh in was v disappointing this morning but I hope it is just water retention cos the scales.show a good reduction in body fat%.

L2d9 over. But last night's haggis weighed me down rather.

Lavenderhoney Fri 25-Jan-13 18:33:10

Thanks kitey, she is ok now, it's a virus and she always goes down like a sak of spuds.

Mrsrobertduvall, that's awful! Is your cat normally attention seeking?

I did l2 today but was so puffed I didn't do6w6p aftersmile I did l1 yesterday and the 6p6w and it was ok, so def l2 a step up. Those horrible twisty jumps- hate them.

Dh kindly fed the dc whilst I did my thing. Ds asked if I was trying to be thinner and I said no my darling, I want to be fittersmile don't want him to start thinking that way.

L2d8 done. Looking forward to L3

Mrsrobertduvall Fri 25-Jan-13 07:09:12

Cat peed on the exercise mat yesterday sad so by the time I washed/disinfected and killed the cat, I was not in the mood!
But am going to do it now after my cup of tea.

L2D7 done. I didn't manage it yesterday. it is getting easier. lavender hope your DD gets better soon.

I have been trying to shred on and off through January. I have an event next Tuesday so I'm trying to make up for lost time by doing Level 3 Shred followed by Level 1 6W6P. I have a few days of work at the moment so have time to do it. Then will switch back to just shredding.

Lavenderhoney Thu 24-Jan-13 09:39:20

I had a day off yesterday as I didn't feel very well and dd was very poorly indeed and needed me, she gets quite scared as she struggles to breathe unless on the nebuliser. Another chest infection I believe. Docs later to confirm.

Today back on it, but will do l1 as had the day off. Then 6p6w but the first part twice as I can't keep up on the 2nd circuit so it's demoralising and I give up. Have been doing calenetics as I go today.

Very pleased as in my other pair of fat jeans, which I couldn't get into at new year!smile

Mrsrobertduvall Wed 23-Jan-13 20:41:17

L2 day 6 done.
My arms ache tonight..

Dh is doing well on L1.
He is looking forward to L2grin

prettybird Wed 23-Jan-13 13:02:38

Honest pooh - you'll feel better once you've done it, rather than having the DVD sitting there in its wrapper glaring at you! grin

I'm on Day 3 of Level 3 of Ripped in 30 - it's getting easier I'm just about able to do most of the exercises - at least, better than the first time I tried Level 3 before Christmas.

Once I've done Level 4 (ie after next week), I'll go back and do the Shred. It'll be interesting to see how well I do in the press-ups and the V-raises. I'll also think about buying the 6 Week 6 Pack.

Doing this in conjunction with Boot Camp has been great: I'm back in my Size 14 jeans (although not comfortably enough to go and buy a new pair yet even though I need to as one of the seams is going as I still wouldn't fit in to a new pair) and my stomach is definitely flatter (even dh is telling me so! grin)

Only another couple of pounds and I'll have lost a stone since we started! shock

poohbearrules Wed 23-Jan-13 12:12:03

I'm seriously rubbish! DVD arrived but still in the wrapper blush. My current excuse is we've got builders in. Pathetic I know! Motivate me ... Please?!

LucyVFood Tue 22-Jan-13 19:43:16

Hard work today. I wasn't feeling it. Not sure every day is sustainable to be honest sad

L2D6 yay! Whoop! I confess I was dropping out a bit of the last circuit but better than nothing I suppose.

cafecito Mon 21-Jan-13 23:24:44

<tiptoes in> ok I still haven't done it, I'm a shred dropout- I'm doing crazy hours (currently sat in a hospital under strip lighting sneaking onto the computer in my break)- will re-join you lot when I get back into the shredding! I certainly saw a difference after only a week, and I must confess I miss it (my back aches now, I think it helps with that)

well done everyone! keep it up! (chuck some banners my way ;) )

Lavenderhoney Mon 21-Jan-13 18:04:47

L1 done. Will move on to l2 tomorrow. Did 6p6w as well but had to stop halfway through as dc were very bored and silly. Did callenetics after they went to bed. Doc called and left message whilst i was doing it, about pelvis and discs so will call him tomorrow and get the full story. Just in case i shouldn't be doing excerise DVD's.
Well done all those keeping going. I am slimmer everywhere I think except my tummy. I've just washed my jeans though, so it might be false hope they were a bit baggysmile

L2D5 done! Half way through. I am not losing masses of weight.although i am only reducing carbs and calories and not doing lowcarb bootcamp. I am definitely more toned esp shoulders and upper back so my bras fit better. I suspect I would need to shred for 6 months alongside dieting to really see a difference. I am definitely other due back at work until 4 Feb so the real test will be if I find the energy and time to continue the shred then.

DS responds well to rules and routine so as soon as i said I wanted to do my exercises every day he has been keen to remind me in a firm voice "Mummy you NEED to do your exercises now"! I find the cold motivates me too cos I k ow I will be warmed up afterwards and even more after a hot shower.

Yoghurty Sun 20-Jan-13 17:54:10

<shamefully slopes back onto the thread>

Well, despite my good intentions, I didn't shred at all last week. No excuses, just lazy sad

I've stuck to the LC bootcamp and although my weigh in is not until the morning, I've already lost 8.5lbs in the last 2 weeks.

I do need to tone up thou and get back on the shred wagon. These abs don't come for free, ladies smile

Well done to everyone else who is doing so well x

LucyVFood Sun 20-Jan-13 17:49:53

I'm still doing level one but have only had one day off since we started, so feeling rather pleased with myself.

I actually kept up with most of it today too, and felt great when I'd finished. Don't think I'll ever be 'shredded', but so what!

Love the motivational banners Kitey, wonder if I can convince the kids to be cheerleaders or something?

L2d4 done . DH helped DS (4.5) to make motivational banners. "go Mummy go", "Mummy we love you but go faster!" and "Mummy go ba-ba" Not sure about the meaning of the lastlast one. They were held aloft at strategic points and made me laugh at least!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now