New Year Shred Bootcamp

(251 Posts)
TooImmatureMincePies Fri 04-Jan-13 12:00:41

To run concurrently with BIWI's Low Carb Bootcamp - the 30 Day Shred challenge! Come and chat about all things Shred here, and feel free to moan talk about other types of exercise too.

Oh God, now I actually have to do it! <wibbles>

cafecito Mon 07-Jan-13 01:19:24

lavender how do you download onto an ipad? <stupid question> I've just gt an ipad mini - will it be too small to shred from? my laptop needs repairing so wll be using that

Toddle Mon 07-Jan-13 01:46:26

Can I join please. I started two days ago so tomorrow/today is L1D3 for me.

Cafecito I'm doing it on YouTube too as I don't have the DVD. I tired it a couple of times on the laptop but it wasn't loading fast enough. I've got a iPhone I used today and just stood It up on the sofa in front of me. It was quite hard to see what was going on when I was on the mat but I seemed to remember what was coming next.

Today was far less enthusiastic then yesterday because my muscles hurt so much. I did it before dinner today and I'm aching everywhere still so i dread to think what tomorrow will be like

Yoghurty Mon 07-Jan-13 08:50:11

Urgh. Don't know what possessed me, but I was shredding at 6:30 this morning. As someone said down thread, I didn't have as much energy/enthusiasm as yesterday, and when I finished I wanted to crawl back into bed!

I didn't thou, I got in the shower and I'm on my way to work. My 'plan' was to do it every morning like today as when I get home in the evening, I don't want to do much more than walk the dogs and cook dinner! I'll see how I feel in the morning thou!

Oh and thanks, Tool smile

Lavenderhoney Mon 07-Jan-13 09:14:43

Cafecito, you download it from videos. You can buy level by level. I don't know about the iPad mini, someone on the geek thread might be able to help though. Once you have paid for something you can delete it and then re download if you want.

Mrsrudolphduvall Mon 07-Jan-13 09:44:28

So Much for getting up at 7...got up at 8.30, but have done it.
It's a hell of a long 20 minutes.smile

Shodan Mon 07-Jan-13 09:49:38

Sssh.

Don't mind me.

I'm just sitting quietly, in my corner, waiting for the dss to be out of the house so I can start the 30 day shred.

I am already supposed to be a v fit energetic-type person but I fear I'm going to suffer...

Notfootball Mon 07-Jan-13 10:16:39

Well done Yoghurty! Doing it first thing is definitely the way to go. I'm going to do it tonight when DCs are in bed but from tomorrow I'll have to get up before DH and make the effort. Means I'll have to stick to my other resolution of going to bed early.

I was up most of he night with a sick DD.have had a brisk 45 min walk and aim to shed when she has her aftenoon nap.

Shodan Mon 07-Jan-13 11:34:17

Oof.

Actually that wasn't too bad. Got shaky legs now but otherwise is ok.

The proof will be whether I carry on with it though...

TooImmatureMincePies Mon 07-Jan-13 13:10:39

I wish I could do it first thing, but as I have to be out of the house by 7 it's just not going to happen! My slot is later in the evening after DD's in bed and my dinner has gone down sufficiently. I'll try doing it earlier than 9.40 tonight, though.

KatyPeril Mon 07-Jan-13 13:21:52

I want in! Still waiting for the DVD to arrive and then I'm on it grin

Lavenderhoney Mon 07-Jan-13 13:29:17

Did the shred level 1 and did some Pilates.

I have 6 pack in 6 weeks which I will attempt later. I tried to join in, ended up panting and watching after 2 mins and turned it off. Had to see to dd anyway!

KatyPeril Mon 07-Jan-13 13:30:43

What time of the day are you finding is the best time to do it?

TooImmatureMincePies Mon 07-Jan-13 14:11:25

Katy, you can get at least Level 1 on YouTube free as a temporary measure.

Blimey, Lavender, Shred and Pilates and possibly 6 Week 6 Pack! shock [awe]

beela Mon 07-Jan-13 14:20:08

Can I join you?

I've been shredding twice a week for a couple of months - long enough to get to level three, anyway. I've lost about half a stone without really altering all the biscuit eating anything else, so it must be doing something.

I'm also having a dry January, and will try to up my shredding to 4-5 times per week. Just done session one for this week smile

Yoghurty Mon 07-Jan-13 14:45:24

Oh my god. I'm sat at my desk at working cursing Jillian Michaels! I'm aching! Oddly enough, it's my armpit/shoulder area from the push ups and chest flies- I thought it would be my thighs or 'abs' smile (they are under there somewhere)

I'm thinking I'm going to try and do all week of mornings, and have the weekend off.

Notfootball Mon 07-Jan-13 16:02:37

According to a personal trainer on the radio, 20 mins of exercise in the morning = 60 mins in the evening. Not sure how true that is but I find it hard in the morning as I am a lot stiffer, and in the evening I'm more flexible, Jillian-flexible not Anita/Natalie-flexible!

I just did L2 D6 a couple hours ago, god knows how with 3 little people running in and out and 'exercising' with me.

Standingonlego Mon 07-Jan-13 16:09:02

I found all the stuff for 30 day shred levels 1,2 & 3 on you tube. View for free and no "dog ate my DVD" excuses possible!

Standingonlego Mon 07-Jan-13 16:09:44

Day 5 level one later today!

diabolo Mon 07-Jan-13 17:09:51

Oh God!

I've just finished Day 5 L1 and I tried to "do" Natalie all the way. I think I'm dying - my arms and legs feel like jelly and I'm sweating so much I look like I've been dunked in a swimming pool.

LucyVFood Mon 07-Jan-13 17:16:41

Bloody hell.

I am so unfit. It was embarrassing, I'm just glad no one was watching. However, I did it (well, kind of, in a very pathetic fashion) although the bicycle thingies at the end nearly finished me off. I'll have to do thirty days at level one!

Salutes those who do this on a regular basis

LucyVFood Mon 07-Jan-13 17:17:51

That was just supposed to be a star, not bold! That was my day one btw, I hope there'll be a day two...

Yoghurty Mon 07-Jan-13 19:23:01

Diablo- grin to 'do-ing Natalie'! She doesn't look like she's breaking a sweat at all, does she?

At least me and Anita are 'shining' under the lights smile

IslaValargeone Mon 07-Jan-13 19:43:36

I'm joining in, first day today.
The rest of my post reads exactly like LucyVFood's post at 17.16

IslaValargeone Mon 07-Jan-13 19:45:01

I shocked myself at my lack of ability with pressups.
I did the wimpy modified version and still could only manage 3 ffs blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now