Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

Chubfuddler Fri 18-Jan-13 15:56:30

I resorted to baking to try to keep Dcs entertained, it's still too blizzard like to play out for long. So far I have resisted eating any of our cupcakes...

ThatBintAgain Fri 18-Jan-13 16:26:48

smellylittleorange I arse about work from home and it's a nightmare. Especially being sat next to the kitchen all day.

Anyone else starving this week? I'm blaming the freezing temperatures...

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Jan-13 16:59:17

tiger my oh has also lost weight and not even trying as eats what i cook (sometimes) THEN has crisps/choc/beer/ice cream etc - grrrrrrrr envy

welcome ornage

bean well done for loss smile

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Jan-13 16:59:47

whoops forgot to add 1 lb off for me smile so 4 lbs in all -

Tindertree Fri 18-Jan-13 18:44:02

Well done bean and blondes smile

beanandspud Fri 18-Jan-13 19:42:50

Well done Blondes grin

<<repeats mantra: 'slow and steady...slow and steady...slow and steady...'>>

well done, what week you both on now?

tigerdriverII Fri 18-Jan-13 22:27:40

Ok ladies. Today:

Beans on (nimble - boak) toast

A banana

Home made no syn soup

Diet coke and vodka

Wine , sadly rather too much

Dinner (prospective)

No syn chilli, pretend sour cream, two types of salsa, rice

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Jan-13 22:39:31

week 2 smile

b fruit
l chicken rice and green beans
t chinese small - gin large grin

beanandspud Sat 19-Jan-13 16:23:18

This is the start of week 3 for me:

B - Alpen bar (heB), a banana and an apple [not ideal but had to be out early so eaten in the car!]

L - SW carrot and lentil soup, muller light yogurt

D - Prawn curry and rice

Snacks include second Alpen bar, two babybels (heA) and fruit

I also have an Options hot chocolate most evenings (2 syns)

Been out sledging with DS this afternoon and now all cosy back at home.

laughalot Sat 19-Jan-13 17:44:11

Had a bad day !!!!!

b banana and a muller yoghurt
l a friut salad
t pizza (wtf) ?

4 malted milks sad

tigerdriverII Sat 19-Jan-13 20:30:20

Never mind laughalot tomorrow's another day, don't let it put you off.

Today:

B - scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
L - some leftover chilli from last night topped with grated cheese HE a
D - chicken curry, Bombay potatoes made with fry lite, rice and cauliflower with ginger, need to start cooking soon but am nice and cosy by the fire

Wine

Lovely being out and about in the snow, it may be pain for some things but lovely for country walks

SalaciousCrumb Sat 19-Jan-13 20:46:30

That doesn't sound too bad laughalot.

I wouldn't even attempt to list what I ate on thursday when dc were home, leftover tortilla chips from christmas etc blush

Tomorrow is another day and next week is another week. I wi in today and unfortunately sts (no surprise).

Today I had muesli & fat free yogurt for breakfast
Boiled eggs, carrots, ryvitas and 30g cheese for lunch
jacket potato, chick pea salad, green salad. Followed by yogurt for tea.

SalaciousCrumb Sat 19-Jan-13 20:48:29

And well done Blondes and Spud on your losses smile

beanandspud Sat 19-Jan-13 22:00:49

Laughalot that doesn't sound too horrendous, write it off as a bad(ish) day and back to normal tomorrow. I don't think the cold weather helps, it makes me want real comfort food.

Tiger your Bombay potato sounds good, is it easy to make?

We had a SW 'speedy prawn curry' for dinner which was good, DH approved although I think he is missing our weekly takeaway a bit.

lucywiltshire Sat 19-Jan-13 22:13:07

I did SW to lose baby weight after baby number 2 - lost almost 4 stone between Nov and March (from a size 18 to a 10) went to meetings every week (just to be weighed, didn't stay for chitchat), lost every week. Then got preggers again - currently 35 weeks, and desperate to get back on track after 6 week check. Best diet ever and I am a slimming club pro! I am a greedy guts and never get hungry on it, always do Green days and rarely use my syns as don't see the point in eating them unless I really need them. Love it love it love it!

Vagazzled Sun 20-Jan-13 12:49:56

So, this week I have had 3 HEBs a day smile and lots of syns... THAT has to be a gain <hopeful> xxx grin

androbbob Sun 20-Jan-13 15:43:17

Can I join in? Beeing doing SW since mid Nov and lost 10.5lbs so far. Been going to classes but will have to stop now as going back to work on mondays so not able to get to class and I am not paying a fiver to be weighed and then go! Will WI on local chemist scales as get a print out for my 50p!

tigerdriverII Sun 20-Jan-13 17:37:55

beanandspud. Bombay potatoes are a cinch. Basically roasties with spices: cut up spuds into smallish chunks, par boil, put on a baking tray sprayed with fry lite, spray the spuds with fry lite, sprinkle your choice of spices (I used cumin, chilli, turmeric, and I think coriander). Roast for half an hour or so. Try to get them on the plate, not eat them off the tray!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 20-Jan-13 20:04:49

waves to androb - hellooooooooooooo long timeno see x

BadRoly Sun 20-Jan-13 20:26:10

Well I have blown it all weekend - a proper pig out bender including a gin night with Pringles/Kettle Chips shock

I am happy that I have done it due to circumstances and that I can get back on track tomorrow. Not looking good for Wednesday's weigh in though grin

I haven't done brilliantly either. Nothign a major as a blow-out but I've been baking and picking and it all adds up. Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow for me

beanandspud Mon 21-Jan-13 09:23:28

Keeping everything crossed for you slimjim and Roly - a gin night sounds like a good enough reason for a blow-out though grin.

Welcome androb - there are a lot of us on here going it alone with our private mn Group on here - seems to be mostly working!

I had a pretty good weekend and managed to resist most of the cakes/biscuits that are still hanging around from Christmas. It seems like a never-ending cupboard of stuff but I did put the slightly stale mince pies out for the birds just to get them out of the house.

Thanks for the recipe Tiger I have added it to my list of meals for this week.

gofaster Mon 21-Jan-13 14:30:13

Hellooo can I join in. First week here. have done it in the past but back when it was red/green - the extra easy seems a bit odd by comparison.

Just treating it as healthier eating and seeing how it goes.

WI on Friday - the group seemed a bit naff tbh but the normal leader was off so I'll try again this week.

Good to see people's menus...still working out the EE malarkey but today
B oats, apple, berries, ff plain yoghurt
snack carrot
L home made minestrone soup with added ham and 25g cheese (5s)
D spag bol with mushrooms + carrots & green beans

so HEA milk HEB oats
"syns" (eek I hate that word) on cheese & maybe a bit of chocolate

BadRoly Mon 21-Jan-13 14:43:48

So far today:
Bran flakes (heB)
Milk (heA)
Black coffee x4
Apples x2
Mullerlight x2
Jacket potatoe and cottage cheese

All if it so far is free food on EE. I am doing SW SPaG big for tea and will be having the last bit of Christmas pudding & brandy sauce after. Then there's only the Christmas Cake to finish and all the tempting syns are gone from my house grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.