Anyone else doing slimming world?

(1000 Posts)
me23 Fri 04-Jan-13 07:43:15

Hi all, I joined slimmig world yesterday as I finally ready and motivated to get this weight off. Anyone else? Is there a support thread for those following slimming world? As I couldn't see one on here. If not anyone interested in helping to support each other here?

tigerdriverII Fri 08-Mar-13 22:07:04

Well done everyone who's lost.

Well, still more or less sticking to it....

B: 0% yoghurt and fruit

Snack: hifi bars (HEb), 2 bananas and two satsumas

L: noodle salad with edamame beans, from marks, with no dressing, I think should be 0 syns, a 30 g piece of cheese, fruit salad

D: small piece Parma ham, some roasted veg, fish/ seafood risotto, salad all from Zizzis.

About 3 medium wine

So all in all not too bad. Probably some syns in the supper, but not too many. Am cooking from the new Asia cookbook tomorrow. Not sure what yet but will all be 0 syns.....

androbbob Fri 08-Mar-13 22:33:02

Ooohh some brilliant losses this week - rather hoping it inspires me to be good over the weekend and I will lose that pesky pound grin

Foodwise been ok this week - rather fancied some chippy chips today but resisted - so good effort there!

DH is at the footie on Sunday so I dont need to do a roast as kids not bothered, so will do a healthy salad for me!

Me23 Sat 09-Mar-13 06:59:41

Well done noyou fraggle And blondes I sts this week which although isn't ideal I am fine with as I had a bad week lots of eating out. Last night we went out to eat an early mothers day meal went to pancake place I got their lighter option pancake less than 400 cals so I'll call it 20 syns not too bad. Will have to be very good the rest of the week.

beanandspud Sat 09-Mar-13 10:31:20

1lb on this morning sad

Not very happy but not too surprised. We have friends over tonight for a takeaway so I'm in damage-limition mode!

I'm back from my week away. My bathroom scales say I've maintained, but they have bee known to lie. I don't feel heavier, but will have to b good and stick to the plan 100% til Wednesday, when I'll find out one way or the other.

Today I have a pack of stirfry veg and some king prawns to try and make a meal out of, so that'll be interesting. Also have a spice rack filled with lovely things, so will have a look on the SW website for inspiration smile

laughalot Sat 09-Mar-13 15:46:28

Hi everyone

4lb off for me this week however a tummy bug has contributed towards that. The nice thing is I am now into the 12st bracket which I was looking forward too. So started the 7th Jan weighing 14st.5lb and now im 12.12 grin.

Blondes glad you got your 2lb off this week grin. Well done everyone else keep at it we can do it. Tiger what are you going to make out of your cook book then nom nom.

Me23 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:40:32

Wow laughalot 4lbs is great sorry about fhe tummy bug though! Today I've eaten
B- 1x wholemeal toast (heb) low fat marg - 3 syns
L- low fat super noodles
D- x2 quorn burger =1 syn, rice and sweet corn
S- fat free yogurt.

Mind if I join in? I've been doing the online sw since the last week of Jan, so far lost 1st 2lbs smile
Would one of you kind ladies help me? I've been making a rice pudding, using just water then mixing in sweetner and Muller light (very yummy) - that's free, right? I can't find any mention of just plain pudding rice, only made with milk which has syns. TIA

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 09-Mar-13 21:08:50

Welcome cat smile

I make rice pudding with my a but yes if made with water and m light then free smile

Thank you Blondes - yay! It is yummy, and quick because I make it on the hob, so about 20 mins. Guess what I'm going to do now... grin

tigerdriverII Sat 09-Mar-13 22:09:45

laughalot. I am doing: Thai fishcakes and Thai fish curry tonight. Tomorrow is pork dumplings and prawn and fish stir fri (sp?) it all looks lovely bit is v expensive But hey it's the weekend and its Mother's Day so what the hell. I have also just discovered pinky vodka which is really yum and I am on my fifth one...

KissMyGrits Sun 10-Mar-13 08:18:37

Curry last night and DH is making medfouna tonight followed by slimming world banoffee crepes. Going to have to eat nothing but superfree foods on Mon and Tues!

laughalot Sun 10-Mar-13 11:54:42

Its mothers day so iv had half a box of chocs and cheescake later what the hell being a mum is hard work grin. Happy mothers day everyone xxx

iklboo Sun 10-Mar-13 12:23:10

Today is going to be a total write off. It's Mother's Day!

Breakfast - hot buttered crumpets and a toffee apple Danish
Lunch - fish & chips
Tea - not decided but I doubt it will be syn free
Limoncello dessert later while watching Dancing on Ice
Wine if I can persuade DH to have some with me grin

tigerdriverII Sun 10-Mar-13 13:30:41

ooh, I am feeling virtuous. Was offered anything I liked for breakfast and had fruit and 0% yog and a cup of rooibos tea. I did accidentally scoff a hifi bar at midnight though, so have already had my Heb for the day....

ooo virtuous that's me, went to mil for Sunday dinner and had loads of vegetables and meat so a red day grin , one roast pot and parsnip and a small dollop of mash. only two small York pudding instead of the usual five then refused the pudding even though there was a choice of six!! so i think about the full fifteen syns. poached egg on toast for tea and a muller smile

beanandspud Sun 10-Mar-13 19:33:34

Virtuous here too grin. Cup of coffee in bed and then fresh fruit with yogurt for breakfast (despite the fact that I'd made sausage butties for everyone else). Had a jacket and beans for lunch and DH is just cooking some sort of seafood stew.

Had a takeaway curry last night but had boiled rice, tandoori prawns (no sauce) and chickpeas in a tomato sauce so could have been a lot, lot worse. I did have garlic naan bread envy though!

I will have a glass of wine with my dinner but generally feel pretty good and ready for a good week ahead fingers crossed.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 10-Mar-13 19:57:29

hello all smile

laughalot sorry you are ill sad tho wish i had a sickness bug and lose 4 lbs wink

have written this weekend off - been a bad blonde with a curry and a chinese and todays meal, tho did chose healthy stuff

also out tomorrow and tuesday for meals, so i shall say now if i gain 2+ lbs 'gulps' on friday i wont moan sad

Movingforward123 Sun 10-Mar-13 20:14:08

Hi, I've always wondered how slimming world works. What's the main rules? And what are the main foods to avoid? I'm rubbish at low carb and really miss chocolate if I'm not aloud it, are you alowed Any chocolate on this diet?

BadRoly Sun 10-Mar-13 20:38:02

Blondes - my weekend has been disastrous too hmm we went out last night to a dinner dance and I just went for it - which was great last night grin

Today has been mixed but I made the mistake of baking for the dc and dh yesterday. Too much tempting stuff around...

BadRoly Sun 10-Mar-13 20:40:07

MovingForward - there are different plans but I do ExtraEasy which limits a lot of stuff (mostly bread and dairy) but is quite easy to follow once you get going - honest wink

You get 15 syns a day which you can use how you want, so if your meals are all syn free, you can have 15 syns worth of chocolate...

tigerdriverII Sun 10-Mar-13 22:06:01

Ok.

Taste of Asia cookbook is pretty good, would recommend it.

Today

B: 0% yog, blueberries and a banana

Snack: lots of fruit and some laughing cows (hea), a hifi bar (HEb), muller light x2

L: scrambled egg and smoked salmon

D: Thai fish cakes + sweet chilli sauce 1.5 syns, then sizzling ginger and garlic prawns, with noodles and book choi 1 syn

Drinks: some wine and a vodka.probably about 30 syns (not so good)

From Wednesday to today, I am n plan with syns - just ! So if I can stick to plan mon and tues, I might just lose something

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 10-Mar-13 22:20:25

Bad roly - we are so bad sad

KissMyGrits Mon 11-Mar-13 06:49:25

Well my weekend wasn't as bad as I thought, still within syns and did about 2 and a half hours of intense exercise, probably burnt off a glass of wine!

Hoping for at least another 2 lb s off this week.

Movingforward it's a really easy diet, I have no willpower and I'm doing quite well on it. You can have a bit of everything which is great.

Badroly be strong, step away from the baked goods!

ThatBintAgain Mon 11-Mar-13 12:29:58

Movingforward it's basically a very low fat diet. But you can have some chocolate!

Mother's day did for me as well, I was taken out for a meal and had pudding with custard. sigh

This thread is not accepting new messages.